Saucy Size Moderator

Southern AZ Trailbuilding on the Arizona Trail, 2/17 and 2/18

News release that just came to my attention:

February 17-18 (Come one or both days) SANTA CATALINA MOUNTAINS The Arizona Trail Association's Hit and Run Crew will be doing extensive repair/maintenance work on the segment of the trail which runs from the Gordon Hirabayashi Trailhead (the old Prison Camp TH) in the southern foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains and going west to include the Sycamore Reservoir and Sycamore Canyon areas. We will be working on Saturday, February 17th and Sunday, February 18th. We will depart for the work sites from the GH TH not later than 0800 hours each day. For those who wish, no-fee camping will be available at either the GH Campground and/or the Molino Basin Campground. Supper will be available on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday. You do not have to be a member of the H&R Crew to help. We welcome any and all who are interested in this kind of outing. If you plan to join us, please let me know by calling Laddie Cox at (520) 579-3485 (Home) or (520) 780-4864 (Cell) or by e-mail at manson"at"mindspring.com.
    p
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

Scott in Tucson
    Thanks for spreading the word on AZT work, Paul. But I should note that they are working primarily in the wilderness area. You can ride to the saddle above Sycamore, but it's only out and back and is just an old road.

That said, I do know a mountain biker who will be doing it anyway. But this biker is of the type who are addicted to all things trail work and esp. AZT.

In other news, the 20 miles of Cienega Corridor AZT were finally linked yesterday. There was a little 'golden spike' ceremony to signify connecting two pieces of trail. It's a great ride, all the way through....
    Author of TopoFusion GPS Software. MTB+backpacking = bikepacking.net. Ride Diary.