Shovel Ready

Sonoran Preserve - West Side.

Never been out there but had some plans for Sunday. What's the opinion on riding out there after all this rain?
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

My other ride is your mom
    Its good to go....

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer View Post
    Its good to go....
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    I'm heading out there tomorrow morning, how'd it look, cycle64?
    "There's nothing like touching earth you've never touched"

Shovel Ready
    The person that wanted to try riding thought it would be to muddy for her. So never made it out there today.

mtbr member
    Gotcha. Is there a preferred direction to ride the newer southern sections? What's the best way to link everything up out there? Last time i was out there was before the new trails were open.

My epitaph
    No preferred direction. Just depends on what your in the mood for. Short steeps or long slow ups. It's all good just go explorin. Now you have at least 10 more miles in the Far North section. Yeah.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycle64 View Post
    The person that wanted to try riding thought it would be to muddy for her. So never made it out there today.
    I passed 4 puddles today, went around them. No loose gravel - no shifty ground on turns... this is the best time to go !!!!!!!!!! clean air, minimal dust, packed ground and cool weather... oh views for miles

SHE will be very grateful - whatever that means to you

Go Speed Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycle64 View Post
    = Doing it wrong. I did 13+ miles out there (on the north trails) and I have to say I think yesterday was probably THE BEST day for riding this year. Afraid of a little mud, really?

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbdennis View Post
    = Doing it wrong. I did 13+ miles out there (on the north trails) and I have to say I think yesterday was probably THE BEST day for riding this year. Afraid of a little mud, really?
    I told my friend it was drying out and would be fine. She is a newbie, not getting dirty was her choice. Rather have her sit one out than not enjoy the day.

Go Speed Racer
    I suppose I can see how a newbie could be a little intimidated by mud. Agreed better to sit it out than have a bad day and be turned off to the sport.

mtbr member

What a great ride!

What a great ride! I haven't been out in a while, so this was my first time on the southern loops, like Great Horned Owl Loop, and I have to say I am impressed! Plus, I couldn't imagine better trail conditions due to the recent rains!! Can't wait to get back out there again!

Phoenix Sonoran Preserve

EveryTrail - Find the best Hiking near Peoria, Arizona
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Love the signage out there!