im4Gsus

somo trail conditions after monday's deluge?

i'll be riding DC tomorrow with a couple who has never ridden any trails in somo. i know heavy rains can do nasty things to the gullies out there. we're starting at the ramadas and maybe make it to warpaint to return via sidewinder (secret).

can any of the DC regulars that rode today tell me what the condition of the trail is? the wife is between noob and intermediate, the husband ~intermediate... i would like to "be prepared".

tia, kaboose
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

Saucy Size Moderator
    I think it's fan-frickin-tastic out there right now but it's definitely more rutted than usual. Your DC newbs will probably like it fine but it's not as flowy as usual. Should be real pretty and humid out there.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

mtbr member
    I was there this morning, and they're fine. I was actually surprised to see that it was not all blown out. Usually, the washes are pretty sandy, but it looked like hardly any water ran through.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    There wasn't any major deluge yesterday at my house and I live about 1/4 mile from the trail. I think the majority of the rain stayed to the east in Tempe.

im4Gsus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill-
    There wasn't any major deluge yesterday at my house and I live about 1/4 mile from the trail. I think the majority of the rain stayed to the east in Tempe.
    i live near alma school and baseline in mesa and it rained cats and dogs for a long time.

i'm glad to hear the trails are in good shape. we'll have a great time tomorrow. thank you guys for the replies.

Ridin' Dirty
    I'll be out there manana, if ya see me, say hi
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

recovering roadie
    I second Bill - no deluge, just a light, steady rain for a while.

Trails should be perfect.

sixsixtysix
    I was out on the mountain yesterday around 5pm and it was pretty surreal. Huge dust cloud to the south out in the Gila area, black clouds and lightning to the north, but perfect on SoMo, cool with a nice breeze. The trails seemed fine, I rode Mormon up to National up to the waterfall and then back down Mormon to Javelina and back to Pima through Beverly Canyon. They were a little washed out and seemed that more rocks were freshly exposed and moved around, but nothing too major.

im4Gsus
    well, y'all were right on - DC was fantastic this morning. nicely packed and no gullies were washed out or had any ruts. my friends loved it and we had a great time!

but, boy, wuzzit humid!