Dirt Bike Craig

SOMO Saturdays with GnarGnar

I was feeling confident after my recent trip to Colorado so I decided to hit up the Saturday SOMO shuttle with the GnarGnar fellas. I had been up (and down) once or twice before but it had been probably a year since I last visited Lady SOMO. It hadn't gotten any smoother and I was quickly humbled once again. It was a good experience however it may be a while until I return again (I live on the opposite side of the valley).

Here's some GoPro footage to entertain the restless

DBC South Mountan from Craig Durkee on Vimeo.

This was the result of fatigue... (Going to ditch that stem as well. Not happy with the wedge clamp)

SOMO crash from Craig Durkee on Vimeo.

Check out my photography on RedBubble http://www.redbubble.com/people/fmxdbc

mtbr member
    Did you tweak your headset on that fall ?

Dirt Bike Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by MtbAZ44 View Post
    Did you tweak your headset on that fall ?
    yeah just a tad...

minimac
    Oct 2009
    Did my virgin run down Geronimo this morning. Kicked my CC ass. Got off the bike 5 or 6 times. Almost went out the front a few times and shat myself once. Yikes!
    Crazy watching the regulars fly down it. You guys got game and are having way too much fun.
    Then did National for the 1st time. Loved it! For sure makes it in my top 5 local rides. Shame I missed my turn to catch the shuttle back. My buddy had to pick me up at 48 street. Oops.
    Cool bunch of guys and Brian the shuttle driver with Gnar Gnar was great. If you haven't done it, you'll want to put it on your bucket list. You may want to consider bringing a DH bike though. Doh

Shred...it's the new drug
    Glad you had a great time sparky! We've got DH bikes to rent too The more you ride Somo the easier she gets... Thanks to all the riders that came and got there shred on!

Vitamin Bike Added
    OP, what trail are you riding at the start of that vid? Where is the access point for Geronimo anyway? I need to add some variety from Natty at this point...
    Keep the rubber side down

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    The top of Geronimo is at the Buena Vista parking lot.

Andrew
    Nice vids and song choice. I've fell like that before - accidentally stiffened my rebound dampening instead of softening and wasn't ready for the bike to not absorb the rock, lol. Definitely going to have to check out this Geronimo trail, that looks super fun.
    2012 Trek Superfly 100

Dirt Bike Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
    The top of Geronimo is at the Buena Vista parking lot.
    This