mtbr member

SoMo HAB adventure

Went out about 1:00 today, took DC to about 1.5 miles east of the water tank, went up a side trail that went up a canyon, much hab. You can see Natty & Morman down below. Stayed up on the ridge and headed west, lots of rock (no kidding!!) and hab spots, good thing I was wearing my 510's, but also lots of interesting riding. Continued on to near where the trail goes up the hill at the saddle before BV parking lot, then took Old Man down to Secret Trail, last 4 pics are of the descent, some of it was pretty sketchy, but a blast, glad I run 2 ply tires. About 5.5 hours by the time I rode back home. The scariest part of the whole ride was on Desert Foothills Parkway on the way home when 3 idiots in a burnt orange Dodge Ram buzzed me uncomfortably close at about 45mph, and there was absolutely no traffic to prevent them from moving over.

Just checked my thread, picture order is jumbled.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SoMo HAB adventure-dscn4901.jpg  

SoMo HAB adventure-dscn4905.jpg  

SoMo HAB adventure-dscn4907.jpg  

SoMo HAB adventure-dscn4928.jpg  

SoMo HAB adventure-dscn4930.jpg  

SoMo HAB adventure-dscn4935.jpg  

SoMo HAB adventure-dscn4939.jpg  

SoMo HAB adventure-dscn4940.jpg  

SoMo HAB adventure-dscn4941.jpg  

SoMo HAB adventure-dscn4942.jpg  

Shred...it's the new drug
    Sounds like you hiked up old man...oh man!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    Sounds like you hiked up old man...oh man!
    As far as I know, I came down Old Man, tied in to Secret. Went up to the east of there, but definitely hiked, came out on the southern most ridge just barely west of where Morman and Natty meet. All in all, an enjoyable afternoon.

mr. wonderful
    Sounds like you hiked up Old Lady Ames. Six tough switchbacks at about the third point? It's a better descent than a hike. You can get to the top from a quick HAB out of Hidden Valley.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtbag
    Sounds like you hiked up Old Lady Ames. Six tough switchbacks at about the third point? It's a better descent than a hike. You can get to the top from a quick HAB out of Hidden Valley.
    That's it, very tough switchbacks. It was a difficult hab, but the route that I wanted to explore today was going to be tough getting up no matter which way I went. I first discovered "Old Lady Ames" about two months ago during a DC night ride, I went up to the first switchback at about 11:00 pm, then realized that I was in a place that I really shouldn't be with it being dark, I wanted to go back to check it out.

"No Clue Crew"
    Cool photos. Look like a few tough obstacles!..............Drew

mtbr member
    Nice, you got two of the hardest trails under your belt in one night, even if they were hikes

Give it a crank
    Really nice, added it to my SoMo to-do list. Sweet looking bike too!