mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Somo DC time trial

Had a great ride this morning doing DC coast to coast to coast and figured I would share the stats for those inclined to like to time themselves. Started the clocks at my truck on the desert foothills parking lot (base of telegraph pass) and rode to pima travelling the Corona Loma up and over and the secret trail. From pima, went up the start of national cutting back over to DC at the Beverly canyon up and over. Headed back to secret trail and the Corona up and over again and finished it off going up the helipad climb and down goat back to the start. I completed the ride at 1:56:27 averaging 10.1 MPH. The mileage was 19.76 for the trip. NICE cool morning for it, never feeling the heat or the humidity. Wish it were like this ALL the time! I keep tabs on my trail times for numerous rides I have put together for myself so if people find this interesting, I will post times for other rides and share your rides too.

mtbr member
    I've been doing nearly that exact ride, except on my return route take the short cut between 40th PL and the water tank. Well that and I take the fire road up to Beverly Canyon for the up and over.

I think doing this in 1:50ish, with my shortcut.