dirt visionary

Some Prescott Stokage

Here is a video from a recent trip to Prescott.. Sorry would have been better but my gopro's sd card has been having issues lately and I have been loosing alot of video . Got get another card soon.Also sorry about angle on inbetween shots . Takes a bit to get it right with the chest mount

Last edited by clockwork; 07-13-2011 at 12:47 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Thanks for the video, but you've got me, which trails are these?

dirt visionary
    #533 and #28 mingus mountain

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork View Post
    .Also sorry about angle on inbetween shots . Takes a bit to get it right with the chest mount
    Scratch a mark across where the black clip connects with the plastic cover for a future reference point. Then when you edit your video the next time you will know whether to lift the camera up or down from the scratch the next time you ride. You could even do a 30 second test video before you went for an actual ride.

TD

mtbr member
    Awesome. I'm going up to school there in the Fall and am really looking forward to the mtn biking. What are some good All Mtn trails up there that you recommend?

dirt visionary
    Thanks! I am not a local but a valley dweller so I will leave that to the locals. May Jayem will chime in as I really don't know.

mtbr member
    Nice video clockwork! Jetfuelonly hit me up when you move to prescott, I can show you around AM as well as DH trails.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dhmental View Post
    Nice video clockwork! Jetfuelonly hit me up when you move to prescott, I can show you around AM as well as DH trails.
    Ya that'd be awesome! I'll be up there late August and we can go riding
    It doesn't get easier, you just go faster.

No Clue Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork View Post
    #533 and #28 mingus mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by dhmental View Post
    So you guys might be interested in Hammering Mingus on the 27th of August?

Good vid. Getting the angle on the Chesty took me 3 rides. I've got it pretty much down but the key is to point just about exactly parallel to the ground when you are in your riding position. Better to err on the side of too high than low. Now my problem, like what happened to you, is on the really big drops my seat ends up pointing the camera at the ground. I saw a thread on the GoPro forum with a mount that hooks to the front chin bar of a FF helmet. That'd be ideal except that I rarely wear a FF helmet.

dirt visionary
    Thanks!
    Yeah it wasn't my setup and the camera was right side up for 28th . By 533 we flipped the camera.

Personally I don't like the chest mount and pefer the camera to be mounted as close to my ear as possible as it produces the smoothest vid beside frame mount.

mtbr member
    I'm doing college orientation on the 27th but I'll have to go riding with you guys while I'm up there for sure!
    It doesn't get easier, you just go faster.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Yes, there are some trails up here in prescott, miles and miles of them. To get in some big air and real DH stuff, we usually go to Flagstaff or Phoenix, but Mingus is closeby and there are a few fun trails. Most of the riding here is in the Bradshaw Mtns, elevation 5000-7700 for most of the riding, but quite a few rides can top out above 7000, so you can get some relief in the summer, and there are a few descent descents as well. The Prescott cycling scene is pretty week, most people are interested in shorter/flatter rides without any technical terrain, but there are a few of us that like to mix it all in, as well as trips to some of the great nearby places like Flagstaff, Phoenix, Sedona, etc...
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=big0mike;8257782]So you guys might be interested in Hammering Mingus on the 27th of August?

I would go but I'm planning on going to Northstar in California that weekend. but if that falls through I'm in!

AZ Mountain Biking Member
    After 12 years in Phoenix, we finally had enough and just moved to Prescott as well. I too would be interested in DH and All Mtn trails in the area. I've never riden here except for some XC at Lynx Lake. I've got both a capable dh rig as well as an Enduro so if anyone wants to get a ride together, hit me up!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by niche77 View Post
    After 12 years in Phoenix, we finally had enough and just moved to Prescott as well. I too would be interested in DH and All Mtn trails in the area. I've never riden here except for some XC at Lynx Lake. I've got both a capable dh rig as well as an Enduro so if anyone wants to get a ride together, hit me up!

Give us a yell, more then happy to show ya around. Took dhmental out a couple of times for a Dells romp. He left some blood out there today . Lots of fun rides around here. I think I spotted your enduro on a bike rack the other day.
    JRA