Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

So what is up with the hiker putting rocks on Natty?

Not sure what was up this weekend but Saturday almost no one was out on Natty. I rode up past the saddle then dropped down to BV trail was in normal shape. When I came back from Telegraph Pass and was climbing up from BV to the Saddle 3 huge rocks had been placed in the trail at a point were going the other way could have resulted in serious hurt!

Like I said no one was out and the only hiker I say was a dude with a wide rimmed hat huge arms and black pants on.

I got out today and see a fellow rider who stopped by and said a guy is putting rocks in the trail. He describes the guy he thinks it is and it is the same guy I say Sat.

I ride up Natty today and just before the bottom of hidden valley I see the same dude. I ride up just past cactus rock and what do I find in the trail? Yes, I find two large rocks in an area that if you were going the other way would have caused some serious hurt!

So I ride one out to Telegraph and back to BV and I see a fellow rider who tells me about a dude that was moving rocks yesterday just below Hidden Valley. He stopped and asked the guy if he was the one putting rock in the trail. The dude said heck yes it was him and what the "F" was he going to do about it?

So if you ride Natty be careful because the dude is putting huge rocks in places where people have very little time to react to them.

No Clue Crew
    And people will still not agree that there are people that simply don't deserve to breath the same air as us?

bland
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike View Post
    And people will still not agree that there are people that simply don't deserve to breath the same air as us?

mtbr member
    Big0Mike,

We are on the same wavelength here for sure!

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    So, did you do anything about it? Did you contact rangers or staff? Did you confront the gentleman in question?

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
    So, did you do anything about it? Did you contact rangers or staff? Did you confront the gentleman in question?
    A buddy of ours ran into him today and confronted him at about 3:00pm. He was described as about 5'8", hispanic, massive arms, tats, black shirt, etc. A call to the Rangers with the description was the plan. Probably won't mean anything, just need to keep an eye out, and don't expect the ride down to be the same as the ride up.

Be safe out there.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Over many months acoupple years ago there were alot of traps being set on SoMo , and there were some injuries , I asked the rangers and they knew who the guy was and said they could not do anything and they had talked to him.
    I finally caught the guy rigging booby traps early one morning and I got into it with him , .......Then I would see him around the mountain and sure enough there were more traps .....

I finally got lucky and saw what vehicle he was in and I followed him home one day .......Now I can't say what the rest of the story was ,---(draw your own conclusion ) ---but I have never seen him on the mountain again and there has not been a big problem but this new guy sounds like he is going to be another pain in the a$$, and may take the same persuasion .

I am Doctor Remulak
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    He was described as about 5'8", hispanic, massive arms, tats, black shirt, etc...just need to keep an eye out, and don't expect the ride down to be the same as the ride up.

Be safe out there.
    I saw this guy on National Saturday afternoon between the waterfall and the Buena Vista saddle. I can't say that I saw rocks in the middle of the trail after passing him on the way back down, but I'm gonna keep my eyes open.
    MTBR wants you to know that I work here

nodejitsu
    wtf

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
    The guy that saw him moving rocks called the police but they did not care. He said he would contact the ranger and tell them what he saw.

I personally did not see the guy moving rocks nor was I sure it was him until after I saw him. I looked for a ranger all day today but none to be found. I'm out there enough that I will let one or more know this week.

bland
    Quote Originally Posted by kelstr View Post

I finally got lucky and saw what vehicle he was in and I followed him home one day .......Now I can't say what the rest of the story was ,---(draw your own conclusion ) ---but I have never seen him on the mountain again and there has not been a big problem
    Awesome!

lurker extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    A buddy of ours ran into him today and confronted him at about 3:00pm. He was described as about 5'8", hispanic, massive arms, tats, black shirt, etc. A call to the Rangers with the description was the plan. Probably won't mean anything, just need to keep an eye out, and don't expect the ride down to be the same as the ride up.

Be safe out there.
    Just to add to this, the guy obviously doesn't care because when our friend asked him if he was the guy who had been moving rocks all over the trail, his response was "Yes! What the f**k are you going to do about it?!"

I know exactly who the guy is. It's weird because I never got the vibe from him that he hated mountain bikers, but obviously he does.

Pivotal figure
    Hmm, makes me wonder about the big rock I had to dodge on the lower section of Nat'l earlier this week. Also in a blind spot where you couldn't see it until too late and WAYYY too big to have just "rolled over" into the trail.....Somebody should just take a picture of this a$$hat and give it to the Rangers.
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    Freakin clown! This dipshit needs to get put in his place before someone gets hurt

lurker extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by kenbentit View Post
    Hmm, makes me wonder about the big rock I had to dodge on the lower section of Nat'l earlier this week. Also in a blind spot where you couldn't see it until too late and WAYYY too big to have just "rolled over" into the trail.....Somebody should just take a picture of this a$$hat and give it to the Rangers.
    I usually see him at least once per week. I'll try to snap a picture next time that I do.

bland
    Quote Originally Posted by AZDesertRat View Post
    I usually see him at least once per week. I'll try to snap a picture next time that I do.
    Post it up here please.