Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

So what is so fun about trail 100 ?

7th to Tatum and back, grueling 18 miles of hand numbing rock shakin teeth shattering torture...

is it any better on full suspension?
    Last edited by metalaficionado; 09-25-2012 at 02:52 PM.

mtbr member
    I think the west side is a pretty good trail. East of dreamy draw not so much., I don't keep to T100 proper over there. I ride a FS bike though.
    Where do you normally ride that you're comparing it to?

Ahhh the pain....
    18 miles???? I think it's more like 10ish one way. Toss in an up and down on Shaw Butte at the midpoint and you have a good solid workout. I think it's actually smooth compared to other stuff in PMP, and it fine with a HT. Pretty fun, flat out and fast (if you like that kind of thing) and very different from the more interesting trails (ie, 8, 8A, VOAZ, IL, etc).
    Your limits are both physical and mental. Suffering will help you find and overcome both.
    http://onegear-ray.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by metalaficionado View Post
    7th to Tatum, grueling 18 miles of hand numbing rock shakin teeth shattering torture...

I like trail 100. I typically ride it from Dreamy Draw to 7th and back. Fun and a good challenge and 100% rideable. A little short though. I ride a 26" Hardtail. I have not ridden it to tatum however.
    Joe
    2003 KHS Alite 4000 26" Hardtail - XC, All mountain, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

Pivotal figure
    HT is plenty of bike for that trail but FS does make it a bit more relaxing. I definitely wouldn't call it "teeth shattering"
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    The best thing about T100 is all the good trails it'll lead you to.

mtbr member
    Im a wimp and I don't think trail 100 is all that chunky (teeth shattering).... try some of the trails on or adjacent to windgate... sheesh....

mtbr member
    There's always the canals

mtbr member
    7th to Tatum, grueling 18 miles of hand numbing rock shakin teeth shattering torture...

Agreed. I tell other bikers you should avoid the Trail 100-area like the plague.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GR1822 View Post
    I think the west side is a pretty good trail. East of dreamy draw not so much., I don't keep to T100 proper over there. I ride a FS bike though.
    Where do you normally ride that you're comparing it to?
    I used to live by dynamite and pima - so I rode there a lot and now live by the sonoran preserve trails and those just kick ass.

I think you are right though, they east side was the rockiest and kind of blah. The west side is nice for a back and forth ride, but it's kind of short by itself.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybum View Post
    18 miles???? I think it's more like 10ish one way. Toss in an up and down on Shaw Butte at the midpoint and you have a good solid workout. I think it's actually smooth compared to other stuff in PMP, and it fine with a HT. Pretty fun, flat out and fast (if you like that kind of thing) and very different from the more interesting trails (ie, 8, 8A, VOAZ, IL, etc).
    back and forth

Meatbomb
    Out and back

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    now live by the sonoran preserve trails and those just kick ass.
    just rode there for the first time this weekend and had a blast. Plan on going out there tomorrow to do desert tortoise to valle vista to cactus wren then great horned owl and back.

Meatbomb
    yo metalaficionado, start at dreamy draw, back your car in and enjoy the ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IamtheYeti View Post
    just rode there for the first time this weekend and had a blast. Plan on going out there tomorrow to do desert tortoise to valle vista to cactus wren then great horned owl and back.
    That's about a 50 minute ride, you may feel unsatisfied. I do that or dixie loop if I don't have much time before or after work.

If you add dixie loop, it will make a nice 1:30 run and you will be spent.

Oh and I always ride GO before Cactus Wren - you get the climbs over earlier in the trail and get to fly back.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    To answer the question in the title of the thread, do I have to state the obvious:
    1. YOUR RIDING YOUR BIKE!!
    2. on trails in the middle of town.
    3. You’re doing it legally
    Something more than 90% of the country doesn't do or cannot do.

If you looking for more out of this trail system, search for the PMP Kitchen Sink rides. You will see you hit less than half the trails at PMP.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    That's about a 50 minute ride, you may feel unsatisfied. I do that or dixie loop if I don't have much time before or after work.

If you add dixie loop, it will make a nice 1:30 run and you will be spent.

Oh and I always ride GO before Cactus Wren - you get the climbs over earlier in the trail and get to fly back.
    perfect. Thanks for the info.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    PMP is horrible like Casual Observer mentioned. Lots of street thugs and shady activity.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

Give it a crank
    T100 offers many attractions for mountain bikers:

- free flats of all kinds
    - lots of hikers to dodge
    - horsesh!t everywhere
    - excellent wear and tear on your bike and body
    - great views of the city smog
    - coyotes to go after your dog
    - extra dirt from passing haboobii
    - many options for endo's

Now who that rides a mountain bike wouldn't what all of that and come back for more?

mtbr member
    That's Cosmic Ray's Primo Trail Pick.... WTF?

Don't get me wrong, If I had it in my backyard I would go there for a quick afternoon or morning ride, but it's not worth the car trip.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    PMP is horrible like Casual Observer mentioned. Lots of street thugs and shady activity.
    For some reason, my Spidey Sense only tingles when I know you're out there.

mtbr member

Don't get me wrong, If I had it in my backyard I would go there for a quick afternoon or morning ride, but it's not worth the car trip.
    Trail 100 has been long established and been a Cosmic ray primo trail for over 12 years. If you are going to ride in the Phx area it is one of good ones to pick. Plus the entire area that ride in has lots of side off shoots that are fun too.
    Joe
    2003 KHS Alite 4000 26" Hardtail - XC, All mountain, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

T100 is a "Primo Trail: Worth a Journey" according to cosmic ray. I'd like my 14.95 back It doesn't mention, or show on the map, any other trails in PMP.

******ed or Branded??
    Yeah there is a Hebrewcian lurking in the corners, waiting to clean your yard and take all your coupons!!! But you can always tell where they are due to the trail of Tecate cans........
    Yes at all cost stay away from PMP it's not safe and There is SS riders there that will always wait for you to get a flat and come and approch you from behind while you are fixing it. Not to mention moving rocks that just gets in your way when you are climbing. Ugh I truly don't like riding at PMP.

And those darn rocks, wish mountains aren't made of rocks. Wish they were made with asphalt and white and yellow lines with ****** diesel driving, women texting crazy fools instead......... Or better yet they need to invent mountain biking so I can stay in doors and watch my tv so my teeth don't get shattered!!!
    .Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

Shovel Ready
    +1
    Smells like Pineapple & Poi also.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast