Desert Dweller
    Jan 2004

Good job! Snow in the Old Pueblo

Today it snowed out on the course! Rain ,sleet and snow! It's gonna be interesting out there! BTW...how early is everyone getting there? When are we allowed to set up camp officially? Saw lots of riders out there today too. Cant wait...Team Dodipus

"Yabut"
    24 Hour Town opens at NOON on Thursday, the 15th.

Snowed for about 4 hours at my house. Nothing happening now though. I think I have a WHOLE inch of snow in my yard! If I try hard enough, I might be able to make a tiny snowman.
    ~Aaron~
    "I like the night life. I like to boogie."

www.CosmicRaces.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodi
    Today it snowed out on the course! Rain ,sleet and snow! It's gonna be interesting out there! BTW...how early is everyone getting there? When are we allowed to set up camp officially? Saw lots of riders out there today too. Cant wait...Team Dodipus
    Hhmmmm, ever since I can remember, the weather has been awesome on race weekend

I've met folks who have camped out a week prior to the race. But as Aaron said, the "town" officially opens at noon on Thursday. If you go early, just be cognizant of the hunters.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Saucy Size Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Hhmmmm, ever since I can remember, the weather has been awesome on race weekend

I've met folks who have camped out a week prior to the race. But as Aaron said, the "town" officially opens at noon on Thursday. If you go early, just be cognizant of the hunters.
    You clearly missed the 2005 race: Torrential rain for 20 of the 24 hours, tens of thousands of dollars in drivetrains ruined. My tent is still stained with cowshit-colored mud.

What a nightmare.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

Ouch, I am hot!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B
    You clearly missed the 2005 race: Torrential rain for 20 of the 24 hours, tens of thousands of dollars in drivetrains ruined. My tent is still stained with cowshit-colored mud.

What a nightmare.

p.
    I was there on a team with some dude that looked identical to Skinny-tire. The only difference between the two is that this other dude lacked sarcasm. I must admit, I liked the sarcasm-less version much more.

The dude in the middle is Walt.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I AM JUST A JERK

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

State Land Permit

You have to have your own State Land Permit to camp before Thursday at noon. That is when the race permit kicks in. Not to mention the guys are running around trying to get the area ready and the "roads" are not usually laid out until late Wednesday.

Desert Dweller
    Jan 2004

Rain = Sand

After riding there on Sun. my bike was caked with sand. Bring spare parts. Wet sand gets in the cable housing and turns to cement. In 2005 we had to replace our drivetrains and brakes. Bring a bucket and sponge to rinse the sand off after your ride.
    I know it opens Thurs at noon, but I bet there will be a whole bunch of yellow tape out there before that! When is everyone planning on getting there?
    Team Dodipus

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodi
    After riding there on Sun. my bike was caked with sand. Bring spare parts. Wet sand gets in the cable housing and turns to cement. In 2005 we had to replace our drivetrains and brakes. Bring a bucket and sponge to rinse the sand off after your ride.
    I know it opens Thurs at noon, but I bet there will be a whole bunch of yellow tape out there before that! When is everyone planning on getting there?
    Team Dodipus
    We're planning on arriving on Thursday.

In regard to the yellow tape, I believe the organizers put a kibosh on taping off camp spots.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Yup Yup Yup...

Just talked to "The Man". There will be no reserving spots allowed in 24 Hour Town. I will be out there Thursday morning pulling down any spots that have been taped off in 24 Hour Town before I head out to mark the course.