Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    pewpewpew Moderator

Slacker a comin to yer town (Phoenix/tucson folks)

Im my (ahem) quest for higher education, (and new dirt), I will be headed to your grand state next week! Any of you who are around and free to ride, let me know. Or give me a google map site of a trailhead and i will figure it out from there. I think we had talked about a trail where the cacti mug me, I get shot by jackrabbits, and the heat whithers me to a sun dried chili pod. Anyway, looking forward to meeting some of you guys.

I should be up for a ride in Phoenix on tuesday, and saturday. Wed-fri I can ride afternoons in Tucson. Anyone up for a slacker middle of the day ride? Post here or feel free to PM me. I am a tigress, who beats everyone up hills, has perfect hair and charmingly coordinated outfits. Oh, wait, thats not me at all. But I still want to ride on yer great trails! And maybe I can lose my 3rd camera of the summer.

Ok, and I will buy you beerverages for your help. And help you drink them too!

love, impy
    Love, Impy

dirt visionary
    South moutain a must . A crude map but gives you all the info you need to get some great riding in . And since its not summer no whithering

opps heres the link
    http://phoenix.gov/PARKS/hiksogud.html

EDR
    Do you like tech up/down?...National (Phoenix). I can do the latter part of the week or maybe even Saturday morning. If you prefer tamer trails I'll likely be up for Hawes since I live just minutes from the area. Bring your camera if you are a right coaster! Otherwise a bike will do just fine.

sonoranbiker
    Dec 2006
    For local Tucson rides/riders, also check out www.tucsonmtb.com. If you're in town on 11/15, also check out the GABA bike swap on 4th Ave. Six block of bikey goodness. Mmmmmm....

"Yabut"
    I'm in Tucson, and can ride during the day, most anytime. Just let me know when you're going to be here.
    ~Aaron~
    "I like the night life. I like to boogie."

www.CosmicRaces.com

Saucy Size Moderator
    Yo Impy!

I'm free to ride Tuesday midday when you in Phoenix. I agree that South Mountain is the place to go. Email me when you get a minute and we can work out details.

p.

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Impy
    Im my (ahem) quest for higher education, (and new dirt), I will be headed to your grand state next week!

I should be up for a ride in Phoenix on tuesday, and saturday.
    I suggest that you ride South Mountain on Tuesday when there are no crowds - looks like Paul has volunteered to lead you around.

For Saturday, what about a 27ish mile loop around Hawes/Pass Mtn in east Mesa? We'd start out on Hawes area trails which are fast and fun and will take you thru what is arguably the best display of Sonoran desert in the Phx area, then we'd take a short roll up a road to hook up with a loop around Pass Mtn where you'll get some climbing in along with incredible views and some nice technical bits. We'd end the big loop with a short climb on a paved road to some microwave towers at the top of a hill (more good views) and then a rip-roaring descent back to the cars. If interested, I will post up and get this ride organized!

Here are some links to when we did this ride over the last year:

Pass Mountain - Sun 7/13 @ 6:00am
    Hawes/Pass Mountain on the 26th

Saucy Size Moderator
    Man that Hawes ride sounds like fun. I'm committed to some trans-Supes hike that whole weekend though. :-/ It'll definitely be an epic worth doing though, Imp, if you can work it out!

p.

pewpewpew Moderator
    I'm stoked, will keep you guys updated with itinerary and stuff
    Love, Impy

pewpewpew Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    I suggest that you ride South Mountain on Tuesday when there are no crowds - looks like Paul has volunteered to lead you around.

For Saturday, what about a 27ish mile loop around Hawes/Pass Mtn in east Mesa? We'd start out on Hawes area trails which are fast and fun and will take you thru what is arguably the best display of Sonoran desert in the Phx area, then we'd take a short roll up a road to hook up with a loop around Pass Mtn where you'll get some climbing in along with incredible views and some nice technical bits. We'd end the big loop with a short climb on a paved road to some microwave towers at the top of a hill (more good views) and then a rip-roaring descent back to the cars. If interested, I will post up and get this ride organized!

Here are some links to when we did this ride over the last year:

Pass Mountain - Sun 7/13 @ 6:00am
    Hawes/Pass Mountain on the 26th
    Kathleen that sounds pretty fun, we should plan it!
    Love, Impy

Saucy Size Moderator
    Yo Impy,

When are you thinking you'd like to ride Tuesday? I ask only because I've got a "regular" Tuesday afternoon thing and I'm deciding what to do: ride twice, which is awesome, or drag you along on the p.m. ride. Unfortunately that ride tends to be kind of a short end-of-the-day-let's-get-some-easy-miles type of thing.

p.

Plus size jersey model
    Since you will be in Tucson on Wed night you can't miss the 630 night ride out at Starr Pass.
    Here is a link to a write up I did of SP and directions http://tucsonmtb.com/modules.php?nam...iewtopic&t=493
    I will also be riding out there Thrus and Fri evenings as well if you would like to join.

pewpewpew Moderator
    Kathleen that sounds pretty fun, we should plan it!
    Oh !@#$#@!. I just looked at my conference schedule and I won't be done until noon on saturday. (The conference is in tucson). GRAAAAA. That probably rules this loop out. Unless I don't leave till sunday......hmmm.hmmm.hmmm.
    Love, Impy

pewpewpew Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBike'sBroken
    I'm in Tucson, and can ride during the day, most anytime. Just let me know when you're going to be here.

aaron i will pm you when i am in town. afternoons look to be free for me.
    Love, Impy

pewpewpew Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by sikwoodbiker
    Since you will be in Tucson on Wed night you can't miss the 630 night ride out at Starr Pass.
    Here is a link to a write up I did of SP and directions http://tucsonmtb.com/modules.php?nam...iewtopic&t=493
    I will also be riding out there Thrus and Fri evenings as well if you would like to join.
    I will throw my lights in. I *might* be up for this.

Really, I'm just going to Tucson for the conference. RIght. Hopefully I will be able to stay awake in it if I do all the rides people are suggesting
    Love, Impy

pewpewpew Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by sonoranbiker
    For local Tucson rides/riders, also check out www.tucsonmtb.com. If you're in town on 11/15, also check out the GABA bike swap on 4th Ave. Six block of bikey goodness. Mmmmmm....
    Thanks! I'll be conferencing but looks like aosty will be hitting the swap up.
    Love, Impy

Kathleen in AZ
    Oh !@#$#@!. I just looked at my conference schedule and I won't be done until noon on saturday. (The conference is in tucson). GRAAAAA. That probably rules this loop out. Unless I don't leave till sunday......hmmm.hmmm.hmmm.
    Doh! This ride will be just as good on Sunday as on Saturday. Yes, you should stay another day It's the perfect time of year to ride our trails.

"Yabut"
    aaron i will pm you when i am in town. afternoons look to be free for me.
    OK.
    ~Aaron~
    "I like the night life. I like to boogie."

www.CosmicRaces.com

pewpewpew Moderator
    Doh! This ride will be just as good on Sunday as on Saturday. Yes, you should stay another day It's the perfect time of year to ride our trails.
    ok then that does it!

Early start then is best as I must get back to lala land later in the day
    Love, Impy

Saucy Size Moderator
    Okay! Ride 1 of Operation Impy is in the bag -- DC to Black Rock to Lower Loma, up to the Helipad and back. Anyone who has a chance to ride with her is in for a treat!

p.

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B
    Okay! Ride 1 of Operation Impy is in the bag -- DC to Black Rock to Lower Loma, up to the Helipad and back. Anyone who has a chance to ride with her is in for a treat!

p.
    What/where is Black Rock?

So is Impy still game for a Sunday romp out at Hawes/Pass? If so, I'll post up...

Saucy Size Moderator

So is Impy still game for a Sunday romp out at Hawes/Pass? If so, I'll post up...
    AKA "Secret" AKA "Cunningham" AKA "that trail that splits off just past the water tank."

I think she's still game! Girl's got plenty of miles in her legs.

p.

pewpewpew Moderator

Definitely hawes for sure. I am leaning against the pass part due to time constraints, and lack of armor. Would you be up for that?
    Love, Impy

pewpewpew Moderator
    Updates:
    TOmmorow in afternoon I was going to check out fantasy island as I'm pretty sure I can't get myself lost there.

Anyone up for 50 year trail or thursday or friday afternoon? I am free after noon both days.
    Love, Impy

Kathleen in AZ
    Definitely hawes for sure. I am leaning against the pass part due to time constraints, and lack of armor. Would you be up for that?
    The Hawes/Pass loop will likely take about 6 hours with a group. We can send you back for a shorter loop if you need to hit the road to LA. But! I have spare armor that I'll bring just in case you decide you want to do the whole thing. Start time of 8AM early enough?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast