Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Skills Camps this Fall with Pro Racers!

Want to have more fun on the trails? Want to be more efficient and mountain bike with more confidence? Still find yourself hoping to make some corners, getting nervous in tight switchbacks or feeling lucky, not skilled after that technical section? Gene Hamilton and the certified BetterRide coaches know how you feel, because they have all been there. Gene was held back in his professional racing career by the same fears and lack of proper technique that most riders experience. But that was before BetterRide…

Gene has designed a comprehensive skills training program that continues to prove itself with riders from beginners to top pros. BetterRide coaching sessions will help you with both the mental and physical sides of mountain biking. The goal is to help you reach your potential by teaching you the core skills of mountain biking and the drills to master these skills. These are the non-intuitive skills that still eluded Gene after 15 years of riding and kept him from reaching his potential. Learning and becoming proficient at these skills will allow you to ride in balance and in control making you a more efficient and confident rider.

Pro racers Dante and Jackie Harmony believe in Gene's curriculum so much that they both became certified BetterRide coaches! Jackie is fresh off her best ever 2nd Place in BOTH the Pro DH and Pro 4-Cross at the U.S. National Championships! Much of her improvement comes from her dedicated approach to mastering the drills and concepts she has learned over the past year studying with Gene Hamilton.

Starting in a safe learning environment Dante and Jackie will explain then demonstrate the skill and have you practice the skill utilizing drills that you will continue to use long after the camp. Once you understand the skills we then apply them on the trail. At BetterRide Gene and his coaches truly enjoy helping riders progress and would love to share these techniques and the drills for practicing, getting good at and eventually mastering these techniques with you. This is the most fun and informative mountain bike school you will ever attend!

Dante and Jackie will be hosting 2 Day Camps in Sedona Sept 18-19, Nov 20-21, Nov 27-28, and Dec 11-12. They will also be offering 1 day Mini Camps in Phoenix Nov 7, and Dec 4. As well as 1 day Kids Only Mini Camps Nov. 6 and Dec 5. For details, to sign up, and to read rider reviews check us out at http://BetterRide.net

Note: Special thanks to Gregg for permission to promote these events!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Skills Camps this Fall with Pro Racers!-19637_255287883756_181276108756_3288281_5571411_n%5B1%5D.jpg  

Skills Camps this Fall with Pro Racers!-19637_255287858756_181276108756_3288278_1834362_n%5B1%5D.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    If its called BetterRide then why is your name RideBetter?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    BetterRide was taken... unfortunately.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RideBetter
    BetterRide was taken... unfortunately.
    Try it again. Pretty good chance BetterRide is now banned.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    LOL. that was what I was thinking.... Could maybe be for spamming?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    As a past sponsor BetterRide has permission from the site manager to post these upcoming events, hence the note at the bottom. But thanks for checking out this thread

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Hello,

Where will you have the phoenix 'mini camps'? I could not find a location on the website.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    will we learn how to stay safe before riding?

this is awesome that someone, especially Dante and Jackie, are finally doing some sort of skill camp.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    A specific location has not yet been chosen for the Phoenix mini camps, but when you sign up we will e-mail you all the details including directions 7-10 days before the camp.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Ha! Well what we meant by that is we practice drills in an open area like a parking lot before hitting the trails, where other obstacles like cactus come in to play

And yes Dante and Jackie are great riders and coaches and are stoked to be doing the camps this fall!

Shred...it's the new drug
    Count me in!!! I've been wanting to hit one of these camps to polish my skills! Very interested in the phoenix camp but also the sedona one too!!! Better ride rules!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Possibility of squeezing a Tucson date in there? Not there's a that one needs a big excuse to come to Sedona.

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006
    Am I the only one that thinks these are pricy? Anyone have a success story from a MTB camp?

Bob

viva la v-brakes!
    Will you be doing the woman's only camp in November?
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    I have a car. I made a choice. I ride my bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo_krkk_NIN
    Am I the only one that thinks these are pricy? Anyone have a success story from a MTB camp?

Bob

Maybe no sucess stories- but then again when your learned skills save your ass- the camp is cheaper than the emergency room deductible, days lost from work and bike damage. Can you really put a price on being a more competent rider?
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    Count me in!!! I've been wanting to hit one of these camps to polish my skills! Very interested in the phoenix camp but also the sedona one too!!! Better ride rules!!!
    Awesome! Be sure to sign up soon, as these camps will fill up quickly.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan2W1
    Possibility of squeezing a Tucson date in there? Not there's a that one needs a big excuse to come to Sedona.
    No plans for a Tucson camp yet, but feel free to express your interest in an e-mail to info@betterride.net, there is always the possibility of adding one!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cstem
    Maybe no sucess stories- but then again when your learned skills save your ass- the camp is cheaper than the emergency room deductible, days lost from work and bike damage. Can you really put a price on being a more competent rider?

Do you work for BetterRide? I couldn't have said it better myself! These camps are guaranteed to teach you the skills to get you riding safer, in balance, and in control. It's an investment you will be glad you made!

Also, we have TONS of success stories. BetterRide is constantly receiving e-mails from our students, including top pros. Check out BetterRide.net to read reviews of our camps.

Here is just one example from Mitch Ropelato 2009 Pro 4x and Junior Cat 1 Downhill US National Champion in an interview with Dirt Magazine in the October 2009 issue:
    Interviewer: “You seem to be able to turn amazingly, what do you put that down to? Got any special tires on there?”
    Mitch Ropelato: “Ya, Gene Hamilton is to thank for that, I took his clinic last December in Bootleg Canyon and he was able to show me the correct technique I needed to pull them off.”

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by FishMan473
    Will you be doing the woman's only camp in November?
    We don't have any women's only camps scheduled in AZ. However, we do have two in Colorado this fall. If you would like, e-mail your interest to Info@BetterRide.net and if the demand is there we may be able to squeeze one in!

Old-newbie
    Hey, I recognize those pictures! I distinctly remember getting a cholla stuck in my tush when I took the top one.

I took the camp in January, and it was an eye opener. The skills are still sinking in, and I keep getting better every ride. I will say though, that looking ahead thing has its risks. I ran over a rattlesnake the other morning while I was looking into the next turn. He didn't seem to mind.

gerG
    ...uphill uphill uphill DOWNHILL! uphill uphill uphill uphill DOWNHILL! uphill ...

mtbr member
    Do you work for BetterRide? I couldn't have said it better myself! These camps are guaranteed to teach you the skills to get you riding safer, in balance, and in control. It's an investment you will be glad you made!

Also, we have TONS of success stories. BetterRide is constantly receiving e-mails from our students, including top pros. Check out BetterRide.net to read reviews of our camps.

Here is just one example from Mitch Ropelato 2009 Pro 4x and Junior Cat 1 Downhill US National Champion in an interview with Dirt Magazine in the October 2009 issue:
    Interviewer: “You seem to be able to turn amazingly, what do you put that down to? Got any special tires on there?”
    Mitch Ropelato: “Ya, Gene Hamilton is to thank for that, I took his clinic last December in Bootleg Canyon and he was able to show me the correct technique I needed to pull them off.”
    Haha, no. But I have used the same (more or less) euphemism for street bike riders. And I use it everyday when doing new unit walk throughs at the shop. But, are you hiring?
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

Shred...it's the new drug
    I just checked betterride.com to pre-register and the dates aren't up. Could you please let us know when they are on the website so we can register? Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    I just checked betterride.com to pre-register and the dates aren't up. Could you please let us know when they are on the website so we can register? Thanks
    the site isn't super easy to navigate bob - here you go: http://betterride.net/local-mountain...inics/arizona/

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Thanks for adding the link, we recognize how difficult the web site can be to navigate and fortunately it is in the process of being completely redesigned!

Also, we have just created a Phoenix meetup site, if anyone is interested in connecting with other riders that will be doing the camps:

http://www.meetup.com/Mountain-Bike-...etterRide-Phx/

mtbr member
    Thanks for adding the link, we recognize how difficult the web site can be to navigate and fortunately it is in the process of being completely redesigned!

Also, we have just created a Phoenix meetup site, if anyone is interested in connecting with other riders that will be doing the camps:

http://www.meetup.com/Mountain-Bike-...etterRide-Phx/
    RideBetter, check your PM's

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast