mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Silly Sierra Club.

My other ride is your mom
    I read this earlier on Mountain Journal.....very douchy.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    More people need to know and be connected to such a great cause. If you haven't already you should sign up for their newsletter or read their blog . I enjoy reading it while I have lunch at work!

banned
    Aug 2012
    Nice article comments, thus far.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Good read. Sadface.
    "This fish who keeps on swimming, is the first to chill upstream" - 311

mtbr member
    They are not friends of bikers. I choose to send my money elsewhere
    San Diego needs singletrack

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtrider127 View Post
    They are not friends of bikers. I choose to send my money elsewhere
    do more, let people know that the Sierra Club is not your friend if you are under 60. like the BlueShirts in the McDs, but more lawyers.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Well the majority of SC people will all be dead soon enough. Ahhh, that thought makes me feel better.

mtbr member
    Dead or engrossed in a Matlock marathon

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by stevland View Post
    Dead or engrossed in a Matlock marathon
    if life were like Logan's Run...we'd have legal pot, humanitarian inclusion of all citizens, and bike parks. our medical budget would be balanced, we could get rid of social security and invest the contributions ourselves, and no more Sheriff Joe.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball View Post
    if life were like Logan's Run...we'd have legal pot, humanitarian inclusion of all citizens, and bike parks. our medical budget would be balanced, we could get rid of social security and invest the contributions ourselves, and no more Sheriff Joe.
    when the oldest folks living become people that grew up in the 60's, its going to be real hard to stop the legalization of marijuana... you heard this prediction from me first...

ok back to the Sierra Club
    fat old man ... fueled by Mexican pastries....

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    Well the majority of SC people will all be dead soon enough. Ahhh, that thought makes me feel better.
    Average age of a Sierra club member is 37.

Quote Originally Posted by Azpilot View Post
    Average age of a Sierra club member is 37.
    Your statement is wrong....according to the Sierra Club's own media packet dated FEB, 2013, the median age is 54, 48% of the membership is >55 and only 16% is <34.

Don't trust me, here's my source, page 7:
    http://www.sierraclub.org/sierra/med...ine-201302.pdf

In all fairness...I'll be the first to acknowledge the difference between average and median, but I also found your source which is between 15-20 years old....which is also unsubstantiated since it came from an interview in a business journal and was a tout piece about the former director of the Sierra Club...who now consults for Wal Mart....weird.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer View Post
    Your statement is wrong....according to the Sierra Club's own media packet dated FEB, 2013, the median age is 54, 48% of the membership is >55 and only 16% is <34.

In all fairness...I'll be the first to acknowledge the difference between average and median, but I also found your source which is between 15-20 years old....which is also unsubstantiated since it came from an interview in a business journal and was a tout piece about the former director of the Sierra Club...who now consults for Wal Mart....weird.

I don't know that it really matters but yeah here is my source...

Sierra Club President Calls For Activism * He Tells Muhlenberg Crowd To Fight Apathy And To Get Involved. - Morning Call

"Under his tenure, the average age of Sierra Club members has dropped from 47 to 37 and membership has increased to 600,000 nationwide. It was also a vocal lobbyist for the clean air standards proposed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the global warming treaty."

Blaming the Sierra Clubs actions on the age of the members would be the same as blaming it on the fact that 84% are college graduates........... Implying they're all libtards out to save the world.

Gotta go ride now.

mtbr member
    I don't know that it really matters but yeah here is my source...

Sierra Club President Calls For Activism * He Tells Muhlenberg Crowd To Fight Apathy And To Get Involved. - Morning Call

"Under his tenure, the average age of Sierra Club members has dropped from 47 to 37 and membership has increased to 600,000 nationwide. It was also a vocal lobbyist for the clean air standards proposed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the global warming treaty."

Blaming the Sierra Clubs actions on the age of the members would be the same as blaming it on the fact that 84% are college graduates........... Implying they're all libtards out to save the world.

Gotta go ride now.
    Good job quoting an article from 1998. The ages in your article are more in line with Maad's #'s taking into account the 15 years that have passed.

bland
    Quote Originally Posted by GR1822 View Post
    Good job quoting an article from 1998. The ages in your article are more in line with Maad's #'s taking into account the 15 years that have passed.
    HaHaHa! You really can believe any bs you want. You just need to put some "..." after your bs and its gospel.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I'm not the one that brought up the age deal, Envirofreaks come in all ages....Gotta save planet right?

Don't trust anyone over 30............... quote from the 1960s...never changes

parenting for gnarness
    , Envirofreaks come in all ages....Gotta save planet right?
    yes this is true. but outdoorsy people opposed to mtbs tend to be the old Carla's of the world who think the only way to enjoy nature is at walking pace and being quiet. in that regard it is absolutely an age-based thing.

banned
    Aug 2012
    do more, let people know that the Sierra Club is not your friend if you are under 60. like the BlueShirts in the McDs, but more lawyers.
    Truthfully,
    They're not your friend, if you breath ... It's the deep-seated stuff that gets scary.
    What they portray to the public is mild.
    Seek out "Agenda 21" they strongly support the efforts of Global Environmental Control ... But you have to connect many UN dots to get to the heart of the mentality.

mtbr member
    who think the only way to enjoy nature is at walking pace and being quiet.

How boring.

mtbr member
    Mtbers disturb the wildlife less because they spend a fraction of the time on a given point of the trail in comparison with hikers.

mtbr member
    I hope this isn't new news to anyone that the Sierra club HATES mountain bikes.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer View Post

wassup Belichek?

wassup Belichek?
    oh, you know...."working for the city, trying to keep some money in my pocket"

mtbr member
    This is exactly why I was such a staunch supporter of the dirt bikers out at P&D. It is simply a matter of time until they come for us. They want to preserve public lands FROM the public rather than FOR the public. Divide and conquer.
    Drinkin the S-Works Kool-aid