mtbr member

Shuttles yesterday

Found a set of pads, a full face helmet and goggles after shuttles yesterday. Pretty sure they belong to one of the Short Bus riders.

PM me for more info. I want to make sure they get back to the original owner!
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

******ed or Branded??
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    Found a set of pads, a full face helmet and goggles after shuttles yesterday. Pretty sure they belong to one of the Short Bus riders.

PM me for more info. I want to make sure they get back to the original owner!

I think that was Markskee after his OTB from the weekend before. He ended up doing a full on yard sale and left his gear there cause he decided to quit and go back to paintballing and RC car driving in his empty back yard. Since he is on his way to cali he didn't need a full armor for riding since there is no rocks out there and a xc helmet was good enough. I think he is even getting rid of the F5 since he can't ride it over rocks here in AZ.

mtbr member
    Quick update, the owner has been found.

Thanks everyone.
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Quick update, the owner has been found.

Thanks everyone.
    Holbert was fun yesterday!!
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    Holbert was fun yesterday!!

Beat up my bike though.

sixsixtysix
    Anyone know the secret formula that Markskee puts on his bike to shed dirt?

We shuttled through some gnarly mud in Laguna Beach, so much so that everyone's bikes were trashed with mud, except his, which didn't have a speck of dirt on it anywhere...

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    Anyone know the secret formula that Markskee puts on his bike to shed dirt?

We shuttled through some gnarly mud in Laguna Beach, so much so that everyone's bikes were trashed with mud, except his, which didn't have a speck of dirt on it anywhere...
    Rain X?? Or he was hiding in the trees and reappeared at the bottom of the run.

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    Rain X?? Or he was hiding in the trees and reappeared at the bottom of the run.
    Nah, he was riding, I actually witnessed it. But his brother-in-law's M6 looked like it had been to a tractor pull and my bike got so thrashed by the mud that I need to replaced the pivot bearings. Markskee's was literally spotless.

Its gotta have a force field that repels dirt.

mtbr member
    Nah, he was riding, I actually witnessed it. But his brother-in-law's M6 looked like it had been to a tractor pull and my bike got so thrashed by the mud that I need to replaced the pivot bearings. Markskee's was literally spotless.

He told me that you two rode around the mud puddles on the trail, while his BiL on the M6 ran straight through them.

Just what I heard.

We used to use Pledge in the shop to clean bikes...it would also shed mud quickly.

sixsixtysix
    He told me that you two rode around the mud puddles on the trail, while his BiL on the M6 ran straight through them.

Just what I heard.

We used to use Pledge in the shop to clean bikes...it would also shed mud quickly.
    I went around the standing water holes, there was no real way to go around the mud except to not ride.

mtbr member
    I went around the standing water holes, there was no real way to go around the mud except to not ride.
    That's just what he told me.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Bingo...hey we got one more spot for Bootleg. Is markskee still interested?

******ed or Branded??

Trust me Markskee will slow down to a crawl when it comes to mud puddles. He will stop roll realy slow through the mud so that it won't track on the tires. That is why you never see his bike ever dirty cause he don't ride fast enough to kick up dirt from his tires to the bike.

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by kavurider
    That's just what he told me.
    He also is the one who talked the big game of Telonics this and Telonics that when it came to riding the rocks out here and then didn't want to ride it Friday until I threatened him with eternal sh!t talking unless he did.

Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi
    Trust me Markskee will slow down to a crawl when it comes to mud puddles. He will stop roll realy slow through the mud so that it won't track on the tires. That is why you never see his bike ever dirty cause he don't ride fast enough to kick up dirt from his tires to the bike.

Actually on T-day he had no choice, the mud was so thick that your tires were completely caked and then coated with a nice layer of leafs. His bike did get a "little" dirty that day. But Friday in Laguna it was a total mystery... His BIL, the other Mark and I were all like wtf?

Anyways, all you Cali haters need to get out there and ride some of the trails out there, the are fast, flowy and fun. We met one of the trail builders in Laguna and got his number to get the scoop on the underground stuff in the area. Plus, the night life in LA beats just about anywhere else within driving distance.

mtbr member
    Anyways, all you Cali haters need to get out there and ride some of the trails out there, the are fast, flowy and fun. We met one of the trail builders in Laguna and got his number to get the scoop on the underground stuff in the area. Plus, the night life in LA beats just about anywhere else within driving distance.
    From what I've heard, I'd really like to check these trails out.

Maybe I can make the next trip.

sixsixtysix
    From what I've heard, I'd really like to check these trails out.

Maybe I can make the next trip.
    I am thinking of maybe getting a group together to go back soon. The drive is the same as driving to Bootleg, or Candy Mountain (About 4:30) and you can basically pick what mountain/area you want to ride on for the day and be back in LA by dinner time for fun and festivities like Jumbos Clown Room

******ed or Branded??
    I am thinking of maybe getting a group together to go back soon. The drive is the same as driving to Bootleg, or Candy Mountain (About 4:30) and you can basically pick what mountain/area you want to ride on for the day and be back in LA by dinner time for fun and festivities like Jumbos Clown Room

like the old saying goes
    Can't tell jack if we can't see any pics!

Fly High!
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi
    like the old saying goes
    Can't tell jack if we can't see any pics!
    Wheres the Cali SLR PICS?

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by RidingRiot
    Wheres the Cali SLR PICS?
    No pics, was too busy riding.

Shred...it's the new drug
    lame excuse...what about those saftey meetings? can't pull the camera out then? I have reason to believe you guys just went to all the rainbow bars off of sunset the whole trip... I was thinkin' of you guys while I was rippin' down natty on black friday dodging hikers.

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    lame excuse...what about those saftey meetings? can't pull the camera out then? I have reason to believe you guys just went to all the rainbow bars off of sunset the whole trip... I was thinkin' of you guys while I was rippin' down natty on black friday dodging hikers.
    No safety meetings... I was out numbered by the unsafe...

Also, I didn't want to document any "illegal" activities on the "social" trails.

mtbr member
    No safety meetings... I was out numbered by the unsafe...
    Epic. Fail. (not on your part)

mtbr member
    Oh, I was plenty safe before and after, just not during

You forget, Cali has "Pharmacies"

I was a little concerned there...

sixsixtysix
    Epic. Fail. (not on your part)

Oh, I was plenty safe before and after, just not during

You forget, Cali has "Pharmacies"