gone ridin'...

Sedona trip coming up...suggestions!

My girlfriend and I will be in Sedona in the next couple weeks. The last time we were there we rode the Cathedral Loop, which started off at Bell Rock, hit Templeton Trail, under the roads, then around the base of the mountain down to Oak Creek, then over to Baldwin Loop where we rode the pavement back to the trailhead. We are thinking of doing the same ride again, but I am wondering if there are any other really scenic rides out in the area that would be similar in difficulty? My girlfriend is an intermediate rider, so I can't take her on anything seriously gnarly. Was wondering how some of the other trails are on the Bell Rock side as far as views and fun factor? She loved Templeton, and it was just her speed...
    2008 Specialized Stumpjumper Expert
    2010 KHS XCT555 custom build
    2012 Specialized Camber Comp 29'er

mtbr member
    cool... another sedona thread

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rich67 View Post
    My girlfriend and I will be in Sedona in the next couple weeks. The last time we were there we rode the Cathedral Loop, which started off at Bell Rock, hit Templeton Trail, under the roads, then around the base of the mountain down to Oak Creek, then over to Baldwin Loop where we rode the pavement back to the trailhead. We are thinking of doing the same ride again, but I am wondering if there are any other really scenic rides out in the area that would be similar in difficulty? My girlfriend is an intermediate rider, so I can't take her on anything seriously gnarly. Was wondering how some of the other trails are on the Bell Rock side as far as views and fun factor? She loved Templeton, and it was just her speed...
    rich:

As the self-appointed ambassador to the Sedona mountian biking vacationers I am more than willing to give you my personal attention. I have five new online maps of almost all the trails in Sedona. If you are going to stay on the south side there are two maps that might be helpful for intermediate riding,

This is another standard southern loop: Phone to Bell Rock Pathway to Templeton to HT to Bell Rock Pathway to Little Horse to Lama to Bell Rock Pathway to Phone FS Loop - Mountain biking trip | EveryTrail

There are some nicer intermediate loops on the northwest side in the Dry Creek area, if you are interested such as: Chuck Wagon to Long Canyon Road to Long Canyon Trail to Deadman's to Aerie to Cocks Comb to Dawa to OK to AZ Cypress to Anacon - Mountain biking trip | EveryTrail

You would need to print my free internet (https://sites.google.com/site/sedona...in/attachments) maps for the Dry Creek area for the second suggestion.

Let me know how I can help.

TD

gone ridin'...
    Thank you very much..will check these out when I get home tonight!!!

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 Specialized Stumpjumper Expert
    2010 KHS XCT555 custom build
    2012 Specialized Camber Comp 29'er

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Broken Arrow/Llama/Bellrock is an awesome ride. Soooo fun and amazing scenery.

Huffy Rider
    Hit me up if you want some company.....I know a fun loop or two.

Brenda