parenting for gnarness

Sedona trail beta - Jordan, Teacup, some west side stuff?

Planning on Flag->Sedona via Casner mtn, up to Schnebly Hill. I don't remember\have not done some of the trail involved from the forest roads in West Sedona over to Schnebly. The route goes like this:

FS 152\Boynton Pass -> trail(?) -> Dry Creek Rd -> Teacup and Jordan

Any beta on the trail or conditions?

Thank you.
    Last edited by chollaball; 10-07-2013 at 03:20 PM.

banned
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball View Post
    Planning on Flag->Sedona via Casner mtn, up to Schnebly Hill. I don't remember\have not done some of the trail involved from the forest roads in West Sedona over to Schnebly. The route goes like this:

FS 152\Boynton Pass -> trail(?) -> Dry Creek Rd -> Teacup and Jordan

Any beta on the trail or conditions?

Thank you.
    First of all Boynton Pass trail is wilderness then Dry Creek Rd to Teacup or Jordan would most likely be on Birns Mesa trail which is also wilderness, so at this point I am not sure what you want to do.

You say you were going to be on Casner then try to ride to Schnebly Hill Rd. If that is correct I would ride to the Aerie trailhead and take Aerie to Cockscomb to Dawa to OK to OK Alternate to Snake to Girdner to Chuckwagon to Lizardhead to Dry Creek Rd to the Secret Access Trail that someone will give me a bad time for telling you where it is then Chimney Rock trail to Thunder Mountain trail to Adante to Tea Cup to Upper Tea Cup to Mouse Fingers to Tea Cup to Jordan to Ant Hill to Grand Central to Ant Hill to Jordan to Javelina to Burger King Connector to Brewer Rd. to Ranger Rd. to Hwy 179 to Schnebly Hill Rd. to the Huckaby parking lot to Munds Wagon to Schnebly Hill Rd. to Hwy 17.

Conditions are good now and except for Munds should be in good shape. Munds sucks due to it being built by a bunch of pioneers that knew nothing about routing a future mountain bike trail.

If I am around when you do the ride I can show you the way if you are interested and I am in town. My mom is turning 92 and I am going to see her on her birthday which is coming up pretty soon. Otherwise maybe Motochick or some other MTBR friendly might show you a better way.

parenting for gnarness
    that is better than a gpx, thanks TD.