Vitamin Bike Added

Sedona ride tomorrow

Hitting the trails in Sedona tomorrow. Buddies cancelled but still thinking of doing a little high on the hog and play around submarine rock or do some locals lines. Always more fun with company so give me a heads up if you want to join. Likely bike and bean at 1030.
    Keep the rubber side down

banned
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBCanuck View Post
    Hitting the trails in Sedona tomorrow. Buddies cancelled but still thinking of doing a little high on the hog and play around submarine rock or do some locals lines. Always more fun with company so give me a heads up if you want to join. Likely bike and bean at 1030.
    The locals are going to be doing their usual Sunday ride and there has been some discussion of riding the Hogs, so maybe we will run across you on your ride. You are certainly welcome to join us, if you want to try and hook-up with a bunch of renegade type riders. We also may check out Last Frontier if we don't do the Hogs.

Vitamin Bike Added
    Thanks. Man might see you out there!

banned
    Jul 2013
    Thanks. Man might see you out there!
    We're heading there right now.

banned
    Jul 2013
    If you rode the Hogs you know conditions were very tacky today. The steep S spot (right to left) was rutted out with about a four to five inch incision that needs some armoring, but the rest of the trail was in pretty good shape.

In the old days needed repairs would have been taken care of during a ride like today, but now we wait for the $30,000 to get funded.

Vitamin Bike Added
    Great ride, up slim shady to ht to little horse to Hoh then for some reason couldn't find my sickboy drop in ( keeps happening to me when I look for it) then back up down little horse and slim back to Bnb. Sorry I missed you guys, got a pretty late start.

banned
    Jul 2013
    Great ride, up slim shady to ht to little horse to Hoh then for some reason couldn't find my sickboy drop in ( keeps happening to me when I look for it) then back up down little horse and slim back to Bnb. Sorry I missed you guys, got a pretty late start.
    Sickboy has a pretty nondescript starting point, but it starts to the north of the first off camber dirt section of the HOH trail about 100-120 yards from the slickrock section off of Broken Arrow.

Sorry we missed you. One of the old guys in the group nailed the steep off-camber technical section of HOH. We showed some hikers the route and they were amazed at how much nicer that trail is than Broken Arrow.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    So no one rode Sick Boy? How sad......

Is it really that far over most peoples heads?

Vitamin Bike Added
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    So no one rode Sick Boy? How sad......

Is it really that far over most peoples heads?
    I doubt it, once you get use to the hook up on the sedona rock, the steeps loose (some) of their intimidation value but that can take a few technical rides up there if your an out-of-towner. Sick Boy is one of the few local lines I know about, I know there is ton I have yet to discover to make future Sedona trips exciting. Renegade, I doubled back twice looking for it but ended up hopelessly crashing into a prickly pear cactus and lost my motivation so just rode out HoH. I felt the trail was generally in pretty darn good shape all things considered, lots of evidence of some of the recent rains up there though. All said, a successful trip, ended up staying at the Sky Ranch Lodge which was a super cheap and had the perfect location in my mind. Got lucky and shared a room with the two special ladies in my life. Looking forward to my next trip up!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sedona ride tomorrow-photo-13-.jpg  

Sedona ride tomorrow-image.jpg  

Sedona ride tomorrow-photo-12-.jpg