If you think you can

Sedona next week!

Hey everyone!
    I'll be returning to one of my favorite places in the world next week and ill be wanting to do some new rides! I've done a lot of the trails just north of uptown Sedona like Jim Thompson, teacup, and thunder mountain. And I've ridden llama, little horse and broken arrow too.
    I enjoy all types of trails, but really get off on the faster rockier trails. I was told munds was a fun one. And I've seen pictures of damifino but not sure how to get to it.
    Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

zul
    Will Guide for Beer
    Post up your days/dates to ride. Monday's are my 'day to play'. I'd be happy to show off some of the new and improved sections. If your not riding Mon, maybe some other gererous local could provide the gift of guiding.

Either way, looking into the Shades in the VOC (Village of Oak Creek) or The Hogs (off Broken Arrow/Morgan Rd).

As for Hangover or Damfino, suggest working up to that (skill level is technicle) and with a guide who knows the route/lines. Plenty of yummy sandstone, route finding is difficult.

Good Luck! zul
    If lovin you is wrong, I don't wanna be right

If you think you can
    Hey thanks zul.
    I'll be arriving Sunday the 15th in the afternoon so monday morning might work for me. And i'll be leaving the next Sunday, the 22nd. I'll pretty much be available any early morning. We don't have too many set plans yet.
    And sorry, what do you mean looking into the shades?
    And I'm pretty sure I could hang on the hangover or Damfino, its just getting there and navigating my way out.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 62kona
    Hey thanks zul.
    I'll be arriving Sunday the 15th in the afternoon so monday morning might work for me. And i'll be leaving the next Sunday, the 22nd. I'll pretty much be available any early morning. We don't have too many set plans yet.
    And sorry, what do you mean looking into the shades?
    And I'm pretty sure I could hang on the hangover or Damfino, its just getting there and navigating my way out.
    here are the directions:

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=675574

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=679765

If you think you can
    Great. Thanks for that traildoc! Did you record those on your iphone?

banned
    Great. Thanks for that traildoc! Did you record those on your iphone?
    I was only along for the ride, but they were done with a regular GPS.

zul
    Will Guide for Beer
    Early start on Mon is possible. I'm supposed to ride Flag on Mon and really looking forward to some high elevation riding in the pines.

Shoot me a PM if you are up for an early start on Hangonver on Mon (say 7:30am?)

zul

If you think you can
    Quote Originally Posted by zul
    Early start on Mon is possible. I'm supposed to ride Flag on Mon and really looking forward to some high elevation riding in the pines.

Shoot me a PM if you are up for an early start on Hangonver on Mon (say 7:30am?)

zul
    PM sent. I'd love to ride early Monday.

If you think you can
    Zul, thanks for showing me the way this morning. That is an awesome trail. Now I really want to do damfino.
    So, is there anyone else wanting to do damfino later on the week? Maybe Thurs, Fri, or Saturday?
    Oh and traildoc, thanks for the directions.

zul
    Will Guide for Beer
    eh - Quality riding, mate. We made it around Hangover in two hours flat with time for photos and breaks. Not sure anyone I've shown around has done it that quickly. Hoping that you enjoyed the Munds downhill (and those two climbs) as well as the top shelf stuff.

Looking forward to those Blacktail pics.

banned
    Zul, thanks for showing me the way this morning. That is an awesome trail. Now I really want to do damfino.
    So, is there anyone else wanting to do damfino later on the week? Maybe Thurs, Fri, or Saturday?
    Oh and traildoc, thanks for the directions.
    OK 62:

It sounds like you passed the entrance exam to Sedona really cool trail riding. Today was a great day to ride due to overcast. We could ride Damifino on Thursday if that works for you. Highline would be another option, if you haven't done it yet.It isn't as scary as Damifino but it is the number ONE trail in SEDONA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4mFFxLFj5Q

TD

If you think you can
    Traildoc, highline sounds like a really cool trail. Lets do that one. I can't watch that one on my phone for some reason, so ill check it out on the computer later. And Thursday morning sounds good to me. I'll be looking forward to it!
    As soon as I get home I'll post up the pics of the Blacktail. They turned out really good!

I am Doctor Remulak
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc
    Highline would be another option, if you haven't done it yet.It isn't as scary as Damifino but it is the number ONE trail in SEDONA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4mFFxLFj5Q

TD
    Moar Highline

Sedona 2010 AZSF from azmikew on Vimeo.

MTBR wants you to know that I work here

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Mikey
    Moar Highline
    AZM:

Nice video what were the names of all the trails you included besides Highline, Made in the Shade and Baldwin? This video gives you a little more view of the trail besides the E-Ticket drop at the end:

http://www.vimeo.com/14183150

I am Doctor Remulak
    AZM:

Nice video what were the names of all the trails you included besides Highline, Made in the Shade and Baldwin? This video gives you a little more view of the trail besides the E-Ticket drop at the end:

http://www.vimeo.com/14183150
    IIRC, the route was Made in the Shade, Highline, Baldwin, Templeton, over to Little Horse up to Chicken Point and back on Llama. Not all of them are in the video as you well know.

banned
    IIRC, the route was Made in the Shade, Highline, Baldwin, Templeton, over to Little Horse up to Chicken Point and back on Llama. Not all of them are in the video as you well know.

Isn't video editing fun trying to get seven trails into one video. I am trying to put together a video for each trail so the I can set-up a directory of of trails in Sedona to share with the interesested viewers. My thought is to have every trail in my popular loop sheet vidoed, so viewers can check out each trail in the loop that they are interested in riding.

As you can propably agree your video can't be long enough to give all those seven trails justice. I am not sure if someone interested in doing a loop will view seven videos to do that loop you did, but I am going to try and give them the intel if they really want to see what the majority of the ride is like.

What do you think of my idea?

TD

banned
    62:

Great ride: Templeton to Easy Breezy to Easy Sleezy to Slim Shady Connector to Slim Shady to Highline to Baldwin to Templeton to Special Ed (via shuttle), I am looking forward to the video.

I ordered needle bearing for my rear shock.

TD

If you think you can
    Traildoc:
    Awesome trails and riding! Thanks for being my guide. AZ hospitality is always the best I've found.
    Ill post pics and a video next week when I get home.

I am Doctor Remulak
    Isn't video editing fun trying to get seven trails into one video. I am trying to put together a video for each trail so the I can set-up a directory of of trails in Sedona to share with the interesested viewers. My thought is to have every trail in my popular loop sheet vidoed, so viewers can check out each trail in the loop that they are interested in riding.

As you can propably agree your video can't be long enough to give all those seven trails justice. I am not sure if someone interested in doing a loop will view seven videos to do that loop you did, but I am going to try and give them the intel if they really want to see what the majority of the ride is like.

What do you think of my idea?

TD
    I think 1 short video per trail would be the way to go when trying to showcase trails. I don't want to sit through a long video of many different trails, I'd rather see short bursts of some trail features or maybe the signature bits. Just my 2 cents.

banned
    I think 1 short video per trail would be the way to go when trying to showcase trails. I don't want to sit through a long video of many different trails, I'd rather see short bursts of some trail features or maybe the signature bits. Just my 2 cents.
    I kinda agree, but the exception to that approach is that lesser skilled riders might not choose to ride a trail that has some difficult videod sections they could walk and still get a great riding experience on the easy non-videod sections if they don't mind walking 30 or 40yards. What do you think? For example the Tea Cup trail is basicly intermediate but has some advanced sections you would like.

Should this video been edited: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTqh0ju5Z2o

TD
    Last edited by traildoc; 08-20-2010 at 10:40 AM.

I am Doctor Remulak
    I kinda agree, but the exception to that approach is that lesser skilled riders might not choose to ride a trail that has some difficult videod sections they could walk and still get a great riding experience on the easy non-videod sections if they don't mind walking 30 or 40yards. What do you think? For example the Tea Cup trail is basicly intermediate but has some advanced sections you would like.

Should this video been edited: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTqh0ju5Z2o

TD
    Loaded question there traildoc. That video is chock full of stuff that a lesser skilled rider like myself can only dream of doing. Are you going to hire Lopes or some other professional rider to film the trails in Sedona?

banned
    Loaded question there traildoc. That video is chock full of stuff that a lesser skilled rider like myself can only dream of doing. Are you going to hire Lopes or some other professional rider to film the trails in Sedona?
    Mikey:

Fortunately BL comes to Sedona every year so we don't have to hire him. Based on your suggestion I will do both: a somewhat unedited version and a short edited version.

TD