Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 80
  1. #1
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540

    Sedona 3/13 Advanced A1+++ Triple H Ride for the AZSF

    Chad has invited me to set-up an advanced ride for the Spring Fling. Last year we did the Hogs and since then I have been trying to come up with a fun challenging ride that would be flexible enough that we could get a better turn out.

    My idea would be to incorporate Cow Pies, Hangover, Munds, Broken Arrow, High on the Hog, Hog Heaven, Szechuan Chicken (if it's completed), Hogalicious, Mystic, Bell Rock, HT, EZZY Sleezy, Slim Shady, H......E, Baldwin, Templeton, Slim Shady and Made in the Shade into one ride.

    We would give the people who don't want to do the whole ride the option to either joining in along the way or dropping out whenever they have had enough fun for the day.

    If the group upon reaching Baldwin, wants to extend the total ride another hour, we can throw in Pyramid/Witch Doctor,

    TD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sedona 3/13 Advanced A1+++ Triple H Ride for the AZSF-img_1682_1.jpg  

    Last edited by traildoc; 02-10-2010 at 02:18 PM.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: helimech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,813
    Ya Ya TD I'll tag along with ya.
    SHITBIRD

  3. #3
    Tucson, AZ
    Reputation: azepicriderandrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,974
    Nice

    I'd join you if I did not have some miles to conquer that day.

  4. #4
    Losing Ground
    Reputation: Guipago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    213
    How'm I spose to decide between this and the enduance ride???

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    123
    What I can't ride, I'll walk.
    I'm in. I have a reason to stay longer.

  6. #6
    AKA shitbird
    Reputation: eabos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,342
    I'm in for this.
    JRA

  7. #7
    zul
    zul is offline
    Will Guide for Beer
    Reputation: zul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    706
    If the ride ends with the Shades, there's a good chance to enjoy beer at the Bean. I'm just sayin

    Count me IN.
    If lovin you is wrong, I don't wanna be right

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,252
    in!!

  9. #9
    Tucson, AZ
    Reputation: azepicriderandrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Guipago
    How'm I spose to decide between this and the enduance ride???
    Endurance

  10. #10
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    25,763
    Yeah, I'll probably try to make it.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: daugela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc
    Chad has invited me to set-up an advanced ride for the Spring Fling. Last year we did the Hogs and since then I have been trying to come up with a fun challenging ride that would be flexible enough that we could get a better turn out.

    My idea would be to incorporate Cow Pies, Hangover, Munds, Broken Arrow, High on the Hog, Hog Heaven, Szechuan Chicken (if it's completed), Hogalicious, Mystic, Bell Rock, HT, EZZY Sleezy, Slim Shady, H......E, Baldwin, Templeton, Slim Shady and Made in the Shade into one ride.

    We would give the people who don't want to do the whole ride the option to either joining in along the way or dropping out whenever they have had enough fun for the day.

    If the group upon reaching Baldwin, wants to extend the total ride another hour, we can throw in Pyramid/Witch Doctor,

    TD
    I'd give it a whirl.....Been wanted to do more than my usual Bell Rock - Templeton - Baldwin route...That's all I've done in Sedona!

  12. #12
    Maui Grown
    Reputation: Poi Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    720
    I'm In. I better start training now, sounds like a LONG day!

  13. #13
    Just another half mile...
    Reputation: Epicrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    983
    Mmmm...Tasty Pork!! I'm in!

    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc
    Chad has invited me to set-up an advanced ride for the Spring Fling. Last year we did the Hogs and since then I have been trying to come up with a fun challenging ride that would be flexible enough that we could get a better turn out.

    My idea would be to incorporate Cow Pies, Hangover, Munds, Broken Arrow, High on the Hog, Hog Heaven, Szechuan Chicken (if it's completed), Hogalicious, Mystic, Bell Rock, HT, EZZY Sleezy, Slim Shady, H......E, Baldwin, Templeton, Slim Shady and Made in the Shade into one ride.

    We would give the people who don't want to do the whole ride the option to either joining in along the way or dropping out whenever they have had enough fun for the day.

    If the group upon reaching Baldwin, wants to extend the total ride another hour, we can throw in Pyramid/Witch Doctor,

    TD

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    720
    I'm in. Ditto on the training.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    126
    I'll be there. How many miles is that anyway?

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Chalkpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    633
    Oh. That's a big day. I did a version of that in cool november temps and the energy spent riding was comparable to south mountains C2C2C. As usual I didn't take enough food.
    There is a big difference between ripping and skidding.

  17. #17
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    Quote Originally Posted by canyondave
    I'll be there. How many miles is that anyway?
    Good question, but I would guess by the time we are done, 18 to 20 miles. There will be plenty of bailouts or short cuts along the way for those that want to mix it up.

    It will be intersting if our $1,000,000 six foot wide sidewalk along Hwy. 179 will be done to get from Schnebly Road over to Broken Arrow easily.

    I got word that Szechuan Chicken will probably be finished by the ride date.

    TD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sedona 3/13 Advanced A1+++ Triple H Ride for the AZSF-img_3841_2.jpg  

    Attached Images Attached Images   

  18. #18
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalkpaw
    Oh. That's a big day. I did a version of that in cool november temps and the energy spent riding was comparable to south mountains C2C2C. As usual I didn't take enough food.
    It's totally adjustable from an estimated six to twenty miles and 800' to 2,500 of cllimbing. Will take 2 1/2 to 5 hours to complete depending when you want to bail.

    TD

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    27
    TD,
    Sounds great! Count me in. Howz the weather in cali? Im heading to Kernville this weekend.

  20. #20
    Just another half mile...
    Reputation: Epicrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    983
    Hey TD, Where are you planning to start this epic adventure? I will try and estimate the mileage and climbing depending on where you plan to start.

    Is Szechuan Chicken the IMBA trail?

    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc
    Good question, but I would guess by the time we are done, 18 to 20 miles. There will be plenty of bailouts or short cuts along the way for those that want to mix it up.

    It will be intersting if our $1,000,000 six foot wide sidewalk along Hwy. 179 will be done to get from Schnebly Road over to Broken Arrow easily.

    I got word that Szechuan Chicken will probably be finished by the ride date.

    TD

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Average Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    248
    I have never ridden Sedona and this sounds like a great introduction. I think I'll probably join in on this ride. Anyone want to carpool?

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tmarkos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,356
    I'm down. Joey, you got the van still?

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalkpaw
    Oh. That's a big day. I did a version of that in cool november temps and the energy spent riding was comparable to south mountains C2C2C. As usual I didn't take enough food.

    So you think this would be a similar ride as far as distance and intensity downhere in the valley?

  24. #24
    Brit on a trip
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    452
    You had me at the first mention of the Hog - I'm in
    Growing old is mandatory - growing up is optional

  25. #25
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicrider
    Hey TD, Where are you planning to start this epic adventure? I will try and estimate the mileage and climbing depending on where you plan to start.

    Is Szechuan Chicken the IMBA trail?
    ER:

    My idea is to start at Schnebly Hill Rd. and Hwy 179 (free parking) or the Huckabee Parking Lot (for those who have Red Rock passes or will buy one for $5) from there we head up to Cow Pies to do Hangover then head over to the Hogs and finish up with H......E.

    Yes, the SC trail is the partial IMBA trail that Fat Tire Dave started the ball rolling on with the approval of our currently beloved Jennifer Burns of the United States Forest Service.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg A.jpg (132.5 KB, 924 views)

  26. #26
    Got a suspension fork
    Reputation: randyharris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,434
    Sounds great, I'll echo the 'always wanted to ride Sedona'...
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DrEVS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    229
    Should have the new ride done by then so count me in too.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Chalkpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by fiveo
    So you think this would be a similar ride as far as distance and intensity downhere in the valley?
    Yup, on both I had that thousand yard stare going on. The Triple H's took me about 7 hours. Y'know, the Big Frigging Loop is longer but doesn't seem to involve as much climbing and concentrating.
    There is a big difference between ripping and skidding.

  29. #29
    banned
    Reputation: Bobby Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    49
    Anyone carpooling from Phoenix? I can fit 2 bikes up on the Neon if you wanna roll.

    Sedona sounds like a blast!!!!!

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    93
    I'll be there as long as I dont have to work. Sounds like a killer plan, although I feel hangover might be a deal breaker for some if they get through that than the rest of the ride should be an awesome (albeit exhausting) ride. Im looking forward to it!

  31. #31
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    Quote Originally Posted by rancidmeat1
    I'll be there as long as I dont have to work. Sounds like a killer plan, although I feel hangover might be a deal breaker for some if they get through that than the rest of the ride should be an awesome (albeit exhausting) ride. Im looking forward to it!
    Hangover is totally walkable (with rubber soled shoes) when one doesn't have the skill level to ride a certain section. Also there is the opprotunity to skip HO and ride the others. We will be in cell phone contact if a rider wants to skip certain sections.

    TD
    Last edited by traildoc; 02-13-2010 at 12:44 PM.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    93
    I agree, I think the majority of rides are walkable. May not be the most enjoyable way to get through a ride but its saved my knees on a couple occasions. I would highly recommend that people use platforms instead of going clipless, especially if you feel you are an intermediate rider. Just my 2cents.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SmokenspokesSteve-o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    384
    Quote Originally Posted by tmarkos
    I'm down. Joey, you got the van still?

    just talked to jewy bout this and the plan will be to load the F outta the van so like 12+ people and the Cactus trailer and car pool up...SO this means that the van will be for the all day epic riders with an open mind and time frame for all day riding

    So far there's you,jewy,myself.........with plenty more room.

    So roll call is on. Please email Joey@cactusbikes or post here to get a spot in the van.

    Time of van departure and location will be TBD....... of start of ride.

    Gonna be up there this Friday 19th for a epic with the Harmony's, they just gat a place not to far from Rama's house.


    Hey TD what time are you thinking of kicking this off from said start point??

  34. #34
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokenspokesSteve-o
    just talked to jewy bout this and the plan will be to load the F outta the van so like 12+ people and the Cactus trailer and car pool up...SO this means that the van will be for the all day epic riders with an open mind and time frame for all day riding

    So far there's you,jewy,myself.........with plenty more room.

    So roll call is on. Please email Joey@cactusbikes or post here to get a spot in the van.

    Time of van departure and location will be TBD....... of start of ride.

    Gonna be up there this Friday 19th for a epic with the Harmony's, they just gat a place not to far from Rama's house.


    Hey TD what time are you thinking of kicking this off from said start point??
    SS:

    Not sure what you are talking about. I think you may have talked to Chewy, I don't know jewy. I won't be in Sedona on 2/19, so have a blast. If you are hooked up with Chewy you should have a great time, if you like riding fast and almost in control.

    John

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SmokenspokesSteve-o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    384
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc
    SS:

    Not sure what you are talking about. I think you may have talked to Chewy, I don't know jewy. I won't be in Sedona on 2/19, so have a blast. If you are hooked up with Chewy you should have a great time, if you like riding fast and almost in control.

    John

    HA yeah I know CHEWY, I call JOEY (JEWY) from time to time and my quote was of and to TMARKOS with a question at the end fer you... Nice curve ball huh? I'm not even safe, probably should be though

    So what time are you starting the ride or should we be in the area to get on with the AZSF on 3-13, gonna roll up with a bunch of Phx. honkies that like to shred.

  36. #36
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokenspokesSteve-o
    HA yeah I know CHEWY, I call JOEY (JEWY) from time to time and my quote was of and to TMARKOS with a question at the end fer you... Nice curve ball huh? I'm not even safe, probably should be though

    So what time are you starting the ride or should we be in the area to get on with the AZSF on 3-13, gonna roll up with a bunch of Phx. honkies that like to shred.
    I think the ride will will start around 9:30 AM, but might be subject to change.

    TD

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,382
    Will have to be a big bike ride for me, probably won't have the Bird by then, but hell the AS-X pedals well and I have been getting some good rides in on it lately. You did mention many bail areas........

  38. #38
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    Quote Originally Posted by tls36
    Will have to be a big bike ride for me, probably won't have the Bird by then, but hell the AS-X pedals well and I have been getting some good rides in on it lately. You did mention many bail areas........
    36:

    Well said, when I figure out what you are talking about I will send out a twitter, so stay tuned. Since Sedona has over 135 trails there are at least 135 bailouts. The Triple H Spring Fling ride will have about 20 to 30 bailouts.

    TD

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,382
    Planning on this ride, may bring the girlfriend along so she can hit up the stuff she likes, then maybe we can meet up later at a bailout point or the end of the ride. I figure we will have a big turnout for this one. May hit up some Sedona stuff 2/18, Thursday......anyone ok to ride then??

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    22
    Mitch (mb300) and I (Dre) are planning to be out for Spring Fling. Sure we will do this ride too. Not sure what your GF likes to ride, but I will just do the trails I like and bail or walk when necessary.

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Evil Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,744
    The Evils will be there!
    -- Evil Patrick

    Some of my Music

    My Videos

    The trail...shall set you free.

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Patrick
    The Evils will be there!
    Might want to hitch a ride. Please let me know if there's room.
    agmtb

  43. #43
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    I am happy to see that there seems to be a good deal of interest in the Triple H AZSF ride. As always I am going to try and make this ride as fun and memorable as possible.

    Since it is going to be a longer ride than I am use to I will be setting up stashes of food and beverages along the route to give me a better chance of completing the ride with a smile on my face.

    My question to the group is what I can possibly do to provide additional food and beverages to those that want to PAY ME for them. If there has been some other event that did something cool to make a ride more enjoyable let me know and maybe we can incorporate it.

    For those people who are typical complainers on this event or other events, I am forming a complaint committee and need volunteers. If you are a complainer and are not on the committee, please don't complain to me, you will need to complain to the committee. They are the professionals and will best know how to help you with your complaint.


    TD

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tmarkos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,356
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc
    I am happy to see that there seems to be a good deal of interest in the Triple H AZSF ride. As always I am going to try and make this ride as fun and memorable as possible.

    Since it is going to be a longer ride than I am use to I will be setting up stashes of food and beverages along the route to give me a better chance of completing the ride with a smile on my face.

    My question to the group is what I can possibly do to provide additional food and beverages to those that want to PAY ME for them. If there has been some other event that did something cool to make a ride more enjoyable let me know and maybe we can incorporate it.

    For those people who are typical complainers on this event or other events, I am forming a complaint committee and need volunteers. If you are a complainer and are not on the committee, please don't complain to me, you will need to complain to the committee. They are the professionals and will best know how to help you with your complaint.


    TD
    I plan to over pack by bringing twice the reasonable amount of beer and slim Jims.

  45. #45
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540

    AZSF Triple-H Ride Update

    This Sedona advanced ride will be referred to as the Triple-H ride. The Triple H names come from the three main trails that make this ride extra special. Those three trails are Hangover, Hog Heaven and High Line. In order to complete this ride we will be connecting multiple trails that will make this ride difficult to follow unless you are very familiar with the Sedona trail system. Be advised that there will be many short sections of this ride that an advanced rider will not be skilled enough to ride the first time through, so be prepared to use good judgment where appropriate. If you suffer from a fear of heights this ride will make you nervous in several sections.

    Unlike some of the other AZSF Sedona rides this ride will start at the intersection of Hwy. 179 and Schnebly Hill Rd. There is plenty of parking within Ĺ block of the starting point, but the final ending point of the ride will be at Bike & Bean which is approximately ten miles south on Hwy. 179.

    Since this ride will be pushing 18 to 20 miles over five to six hours in total, not everyone who starts the ride will want to do the whole ride. There will be numerous bailout points and if you canít make the 9:00 AM meet time and 9:30 AM start time there will be several other meeting points along the route where people can hook-up with the group.

    I will bring a cell phone for linking up at other meeting spots along the way. The second meeting spot will be back at Hwy. 179 and Schnebly Hill Rd. The third will be the Broken Arrow Parking lot. The forth will be the Little Horse parking lot. And the fifth will be the parking lot at the base of Bell Rock.

    Due to the length of the ride I am recommending bringing lots of food and at least 100 ounces of liquid. I will have a car parked at the three quarter point that will have bulk apple berry flavored Cytomax for energizing and tap water available to top off hydration packs.

    If people have questions about the ride, please feel free to ask those questions on the MTBR thread: Sedona 3/13 Advanced A1+++ Triple H Ride for the AZSF and I will try and answer those questions to the best of my ability.

    As a side note I ride with dual ply 2.5 tires with a ghetto Stanís system, and I do so to reduce the chance of flats and a more stable riding platform. Please bring at least two spare tubes if you are a weight weenie and run single-ply tires.

    TD

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,252
    Quote Originally Posted by teef
    Mitch (mb300) and I (Dre) are planning to be out for Spring Fling. Sure we will do this ride too. Not sure what your GF likes to ride, but I will just do the trails I like and bail or walk when necessary.
    teef. HA! NICE ONE.

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Evil Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,744
    Quote Originally Posted by abegold
    Might want to hitch a ride. Please let me know if there's room.
    Abe,

    We're leaving town at 6:00 AM on Friday. We're planning on ruining...errr
    ...joining Chad's SoMo ride in Phoenis on Friday and then heading straight to Sedonuts.

    We'll be riding Black C on Sunday.

    Not sure if/how that works out for you.
    -- Evil Patrick

    Some of my Music

    My Videos

    The trail...shall set you free.

  48. #48
    Just another half mile...
    Reputation: Epicrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    983
    Hey TD I whipped up a MAP basically with the route you described. The full meal deal should be around 30+ miles with over 4000' of climbing. Based on 4 mph average speed for group rides, the ride will take over 7 hours to complete or more depending on the size of the group.


    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc
    Chad has invited me to set-up an advanced ride for the Spring Fling. Last year we did the Hogs and since then I have been trying to come up with a fun challenging ride that would be flexible enough that we could get a better turn out.

    My idea would be to incorporate Cow Pies, Hangover, Munds, Broken Arrow, High on the Hog, Hog Heaven, Szechuan Chicken (if it's completed), Hogalicious, Mystic, Bell Rock, HT, EZZY Sleezy, Slim Shady, H......E, Baldwin, Templeton, Slim Shady and Made in the Shade into one ride.

    We would give the people who don't want to do the whole ride the option to either joining in along the way or dropping out whenever they have had enough fun for the day.

    If the group upon reaching Baldwin, wants to extend the total ride another hour, we can throw in Pyramid/Witch Doctor,

    TD

  49. #49
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicrider
    Hey TD I whipped up a MAP basically with the route you described. The full meal deal should be around 30+ miles with over 4000' of climbing. Based on 4 mph average speed for group rides, the ride will take over 7 hours to complete or more depending on the size of the group.
    ER:

    Wow sounds like I need to make some route changes. Drivers will need to purchase a $5.00 Red Rock Pass.

    How would this route work? Huckabee Parking Lot to Cow Pies to Damifino Saddle to Hangover to Munds to Huckabee Parking Lot shuttle to Broken Arrow Parking Lot ride
    Broken Arrow to High on the Hog to Hog Heaven to Szechwan Chicken to Hogalicious to Hog Wash to the Broken Arrow Parking Lot shuttle to the Little Horse Parking Lot ride Bell Rock Pathway to H.T. to Easy Sleezy to Slim Shady to H.....E to Bladwin to Templeton to the Cathedral Parking Lot up Easy Breezy to HT to Bell Rock Pathway to the Little Horse Parking Lot to pick up the cars.

    If that route is too long we can pull out at the Cathedral Parking lot and ride up to the cars on the Back of Beyond Road to Hwy 179.

    Those people who don't have to pick-up their car at the Little Horse Parking Lot can go RIGHT on H.T. when they come out of Easy Sleezy and ride to Slim Shady and take that to Made in the Shade to Bike & Bean. .

    Another bail point could be Baldwin to the Via Verde School Road to the Bike & Bean.

    One thing about SEDONA is that every ride is pretty much totally ADJUSTABLE, I hope.

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,424
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc
    ER:

    Wow sounds like I need to make some route changes. One thing about SEDONA is that every ride is pretty much totally ADJUSTABLE, I hope.
    TD
    I think your original plan isn't out of the question. I say go for it. Like you say, there are plenty of bail out options if it gets to be too much. You've done an excellent job of adequately warning propective participants.
    If the group is pretty big, it could very well take that long or longer, though. For any given ride I figure you add 20-30 minutes to the anticipated ride time for every rider beyond an ideal group size of three or four (especially technical type rides).

    Thanks for the map Dale. That is just what I've been looking for. Very cool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •