mtbr member

Searched but a double check is...

Cheaper than getting towed!

Thinking about Hawes tomorrow and I have not been out there to ride in a couple of years. Where is everyone parking and where are you accessing the trail now?

It is either there or Usery tomorrow, haven't decided yet.
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I have not rode Hawes for about 6 months now, but it seems most people park behind the walgreens about 2 miles south of the trail head. Makes for a good warm up and cool down.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    my driveway is about 45 seconds away

im really tempted to ride tomorrow even though i have 1.95 tires with tubes... i dont want to get stuck out there and be able to find my way back.
    i just zeroed out my visa balance today so ill defintely be buying the new bike the month..

EDR
    You can park at Walgreens and access the fenceline trail just past the canal....or you can park at the canal on Power and drop in. There will be lots of cars parked at the canal, with lots of peeps coming and going in the early a.m. so imo no worries about break-ins. YMMV (I've parked there 50 times at least with no issues but my luck might be better than some)

mtbr member
    I don't worry about break ins. 2000 Xterra, stock stereo, doors unlocked and usually just leave a window half way down. I carry my wallet and phone with me. I figure if someone wants to root around to find my dirty undies, they can do so without breaking a window! Its fully insured so stealing it would be a gift!
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

EDR
    Windows down if you can swing it will keep your car safe as can be. Tweakers aren't looking to steal your car, just do a smash and grab. They'll smash another car if yours is open As always, if there are no duffle bags, camera bags, gps mounts, wallets in site you've pretty much eliminated yourself as a target as compared to the other guy.

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    Quote Originally Posted by cstem View Post
    I don't worry about break ins. 2000 Xterra, stock stereo, doors unlocked and usually just leave a window half way down. I carry my wallet and phone with me. I figure if someone wants to root around to find my dirty undies, they can do so without breaking a window! Its fully insured so stealing it would be a gift!
    I use to think the same until someone stole the faceplate off my cassette player. Yeah, just the faceplate. 1997 Hyundai Accent. For what ga-dam reason?! I have no idea. At least it still works. Jacktards will always find something to take, if even just for the hell of it. I still leave it unlocked, but now I'm wating for my floormats to disappear. I had hoped the shiny change I leave sitting out would distract them. There is always the registration and insurance too. I don't know anyone that carries that with them.
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    And on topic, I second the Walgreens and riding the trails by the canal down into Hawes. Another favorite is parking at Red Rock Park on Recker just north of Thomas and riding through TRW to get to Hawes. Fast, easy miles there. A good warm-up. Head north on Recker until you get to Tinto, take a left, the road soon doglegs to the right and will dead end at the trailhead. Hit the trail and work your way east.
    Today's the day I eat bikes.