mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Schwalbe Wicked Will DH's

Anybody ever run the Wicked Will DH's here in AZ? Reviews, opinions...?

No Clue Crew
    No help but I'm interested myself. Chainlove picked up a boatload of Schwalbe's and several of them look promising including the Wicked Will, Big Betty, and Muddy Mary.

If I hadn't already picked up two each Dissent and Prowler DH tires at half of the Schwalbe's cost I'd be entertaining picking something else up...

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Yeah, I've heard good things about schwalbe, but haven't read much about the Wicked Wills. There is a post in the DH forum about a dude ditching his Michelins and only running Schwalbe now. I have a Big Betty on the rear and it has done well, but I got it 60% used so I can't give an accurate review. I can say I have never gotten any type of flat on it and have shuttled it on SoMo and ridden up and down National quite a few times.

Bloodied but Unbowed
    I have a friend who loves his Big Betty's in the gooey compound on his DH bike.

Shifted
    Feb 2009
    If I end up not liking anything from the Specialized lineup (tryin our an all mountain Purgatory UST setup), I'm going with Schwalbes (If I can find them on sale lol! ) I think they have a really good looking lineup to fit ones needs around AZ well. I was an internet click away from getting them and decided the Specialized warranty was worth a shot for cost reason.

I didn't see the triple nano 2.35 Wicked will. You'd think they'd have that option so you could run 2.35 TN rear and 2.5 GGC front. I think that would be an ideal combo.
    back at it
    2014 Trek Stache 7.

mtbr member
    Those Muddy Marys look to be pretty decent for climbing! Probably not too sustainable though. I can imagine going through a few of them out at PMP
    "There's nothing like touching earth you've never touched"