bland

The schultz fire takes a life

Terrible news today. http://azdailysun.com/news/national/...13ad27a5b.html Please be careful with fire in the woods. I know that it is highly unlikely that one of "us" caused this fire but please be careful and don't be shy about getting on other users for being irresponsible in our forests.

Meatbomb
    just got a call from a buddy with a place not far from the Chevron station on 89 that was wanting to know if i was available to run up and shovel some mud with him tonight. I guess there is a crap load of it to move.

Elitest thrill junkie
    I was watching the story on the girl that was swept away. I didn't think about it initally in that context (the fire caused it). I don't disagree.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    outsider observation here...

all these 'wash' things that you guys have are named for a reason,, are they all pretty much guaranteed to turn into a be-atching flood at least once a year? Is the property risk enough that you should avoid buying a house that backs to one? Would an insurance company demand you purchase a separate flood policy? or is it only really bad when you get into the mountains where the water gains downhill momentum (and volume) really quickly
    Last edited by longhairmike; 07-22-2010 at 05:09 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike

all these 'wash' things that you guys have are named for a reason,, are they all pretty much guaranteed to turn into a *****ing flood
    not when there are trees & vegetation holding the soil down - this is exactly what flooded Tlequpaque last year - runoff from the Brin's Mesa fire. More on the way - it's already raining here this morning {9am} often, if a fire fighter/civilian dies in a fire caused by abandonment, then the perp can be charged with the death caused by thier actions - Steve Garro, Coconino Cycles.
    steve garro el jefe/el solo. coconino cycles www.coconinocycles.com www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike

all these 'wash' things that you guys have are named for a reason,, are they all pretty much guaranteed to turn into a *****ing flood at least once a year? Is the property risk enough that you should avoid buying a house that backs to one? Would an insurance company demand you purchase a separate flood policy? or is it only really bad when you get into the mountains where the water gains downhill momentum (and volume) really quickly
    Down in the desert (Phoenix), most homeowners policies will cover monsoon damage from wind and rain EXCEPT when the said rain floods the entire house. You need separate flood coverage. And yes, even in the flatlands the washes run fast.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I would hope the Prosecuting Atorney would at least attempt a manslaughter charge should the rat bastard who caused the fire ever be found ( alive). It is a stretch but I learned long ago actions have consequences.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo
    just got a call from a buddy with a place not far from the Chevron station on 89 that was wanting to know if i was available to run up and shovel some mud with him tonight. I guess there is a crap load of it to move.
    a crap ton might just be an understatement. Click around in the above article and check the picture of the Chevron. Wasted.

Meatbomb
    Another round of flooding today. Buddy just called and he lost his rear deck and has 3 ' of mud in his yard.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mack10
    I would hope the Prosecuting Atorney would at least attempt a manslaughter charge should the rat bastard who caused the fire ever be found ( alive). It is a stretch but I learned long ago actions have consequences.
    to put a face to it, the very very least she deserves: http://azdailysun.com/news/local/obi...e3223524f.html everybody sure they didn't see anything that day? there were likely over 1000 people who went right by these guys burning - Steve Garro, Coconino Cycles.
    steve garro el jefe/el solo. coconino cycles www.coconinocycles.com www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com