Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    "No Clue Crew"

Upset School was in session at SoMo this morning!

I thought I was a okay rider at best, but after today I've come to the realization that I S**K at riding.

Hit up our "redneck shuttle" this morning with Cenobite39 and Blatant. We came down National and everything was going great..... Jump.......Climb.......Sweet........You see that.......

It was a Great ride, until we ran into "Ron" at the waterfall. We were doing down and he was coming up and not HABing, he was climbing it. Climbing the waterfall makes doing every line seem so small!!!

Then if that wasn't enough he rode down the rest of National and blew my mind with some crazy lines! Some I was dumb enough to follow him on

In the end it was a GREAT morning and a even better ride! Learned a lot, that's for sure...................Drew

Knollician
    No worries, Ronnie makes lots of people look stupid!
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

parenting for gnarness
    short guy with very short hair (maybe shaved)? yeah he's a helluva good rider. I've never ridden wtih him, but yo-yo'd a chatted a number of times - nice guy.

It's a slugfest!
    Waitin' for the video boys...
    "I've got nothing to hoard...."

banned
    Ronnie holds the Fishbowl pump track record right now...

"No Clue Crew"
    Yeah, when you run into someone who can climb up the waterfall, follow him down. There's a good chance you'll learn a thing or two about riding !

These were shot with my Blackberry so I can't edit them and I can't get them to embed so I could only get clickable thumbnails to work.

This looks SO un-intimidating on video !

Photobucket

Drew is one of those people who is able to follow someone and do just what they do. He followed Ron down this one without even thinking. This is both of their second runs.

Photobucket

Photobucket

He then followed Ron down a new line at the triangle

Photobucket

Blatant making the upper line look smooth and easy.

Photobucket

Drew busting out the same line

Photobucket

Like Drew said, just when yuou think you are a decent rider, someone comes along and shows just how much you have yet to learn. Thanks for all the help, Ron !

"No Clue Crew"
    Nice videos Rick! I forgot you were shooting! WAIT I shot video as well!!! I'll see what I captured of Ron climbing the waterfall.............Drew

parenting for gnarness
    really nice getting that off camber rock wtih the nasty line down. I've been trying that but never even gotten to the top of it comfortably. I always figured i could make the runout, but that is not at all easy either.

Pivotal figure
    Haven't done that option at the triangle in quite a while. It's one of the cooler tech lines in there, pretty easy to screw up too.
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

"No Clue Crew"
    Here's a short GoPro vid.

New lines on Natty from Rick Gravesen on Vimeo.

Give it a crank
    Really nice to see the videos, that's some impressive riding. My knees would shake so bad if I even thought of doing those lines. Beautiful day for sure, especially when you don't see a lot of blood!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Ronnies jumping abilities are as impressive as his tech riding too.

Great videos!

I am Doctor Remulak
    Hmm, I must have just missed you guys, I saw Ronnie on my way down National this morning. Perfect morning to be out.
    MTBR wants you to know that I work here

mtbr member
    My names Ron....

But... that's where the similarities end. Cool clips and nice riding. It also shows all the cool stuff there is when you look around a little.

Maui Grown
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    really nice getting that off camber rock wtih the nasty line down. I've been trying that but never even gotten to the top of it comfortably. I always figured i could make the runout, but that is not at all easy either.

Not sure if I know where this line is. Don't think I've ever seen it before, unless I just don't recognize it on the video. Where about is it?

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by Poi Boy
    Not sure if I know where this line is. Don't think I've ever seen it before, unless I just don't recognize it on the video. Where about is it?

its on the top of a switchback a little ways down from the Waterfall, on the left. you know, next to that brown rock...

mtbr member
    welcome to south mountain

lurker extraordinaire

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by AZDesertRat
    It's funny how little justice the videos do, especially on the clips of the elevator.
    X2 on the elevator video! That thing is mean and in the video it looks "easy." I've taken a spill from the top of that obstacle and it's a long way down!! Great videos!................Drew

"No Clue Crew"
    Here is Ronnie close to cleaning the waterfall......GOING UP IT............Drew

Pivotal figure
    Cleaning the waterfall is unbelievably tough so I usually count it good to get to that point.
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Maui Grown
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    its on the top of a switchback a little ways down from the Waterfall, on the left. you know, next to that brown rock...
    Have no idea where you're talking about but now that I've seen it on video, will keep an eye out for it. Is it below or above the trail gap (diving board)?

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by kenbentit
    Cleaning the waterfall is unbelievably tough so I usually count it good to get to that point.

I'd agree as well! When I first met you out there you made it to that point as well. It was after a rain and washed out.

Oh and the line named after you is SICK! If I wasn't following Ronnie so close I don't think I would of tried it! Good **** ..............Drew

mtbr member
    Sounds like someone else I've heard about. . .

Ronnie doesn't wear a helmet to protect his head. He does it to protect the ground when he decides to fall.

It's been said that one drop of Ronnie's sweat will make anyone a great rider, the problem is, Ronnie never sweats.

Hikers have never seen Ronnie cause he can bunny hop over an entire group and they'll never know it.

The Park Rangers call Ronnie and ask for permission to go off trail

National was formed on Ronnie's first ride, Mormon on his second, Holbert on his third, Geronimo when he stopped and peed down the North side of the mountain.

Seriously, he's a great rider and an inspiration to a lot of us old guys.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast