Lakvoodoo

SBFL Redux (Summer version) - Sunday!!

SBFL Redux (Summer version), gratis AES! -- May 5th

Mother nature kept us down a few months ago, so we're gonna try it again next Sunday, the wrap-up finale for our Sedona Singletrack Celebration (SSC)! Lots of XC and showcasing Sedona trails (several of which have been made even better thx to local trail volunteers!...e.g. HiLine!)

It'll be CLOCKWISE and starting/ending at the SSC venue. Exact cue sheet will be posted in the next few days, but will stay relatively close to the recent years (clockwise this year) and will remain mainly XC with some key Sedona techy. Water points/options will be listed also, but definitely plan to bring your camelbacks. (See website for more details to be posted soon -- SedonaMTBFestival.blogspot.com )

Post-ride social is a definite also! Looking forward to hearing about everybody's day on the SBFL, their prep for the May 11th Aspen Asphyxiation....AND on their recent AZT adventures!

Who's in??!!
    Get Outside!

DFL>DNF>DNS
    I'm going to try & make this, but right now I am scheduled to work @6:30p that evening. Maybe I can still get my fix?? Hopefully I'll get the evening off work & won't have to worry about it. Thanks for posting.
    Ski. Ride. Hike. Be.
    My Two Schillingsworth

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I'm in......... ready for a good ol Sedona beat down!!!!

mtbr member
    I never attempted the Sedona BFL. I think I'm in...maybe over my head, but in none the less....

You guys are planning on doing it on Sunday? Will look forward to seeing the route...
    Last edited by woahey; 04-29-2013 at 09:04 PM.
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

Lakvoodoo
    For those of you planning to shred & suffer on the SBLF Redux, be sure to stop by the SSC on Sat to pick up the updated route plan. (Or, if ya can't make it before Sun morn, then send me a PM.) In essence, it's very similar to the spring one -- still grassroots, still self-supported, still no official prizes...just us, our bikes, the pace you want (or don't want) to push! There'll be a few short modifications AND it will be done CLOCKWISE on Sunday. Feel free to use the AES grids (understanding that there are the mods), but FYI nearly all these trails are now signed so and w/the map, it should be easy to follow!

Starting at the SSC site in West Sedona 7am (maybe earlier?). There are a few places along the way to refill water (mainly in town), but highly recommend camelback, the usual tools and stans/slime. We did part of it yesterday and woohoo...gonna be an awesome route! Don't forget your legs, lungs and camera!

Also, check the SSC website for other stuff going on to include some social events....wanna hear about everyone's rides. We can also set up something for Sun night too for the BFL crew.
    Get Outside!

Lakvoodoo
    If you're planning to do this and haven't received an email from me in the past day or two, shoot me a PM and I'll get ya updates.
    Get Outside!

mtbr member
    Thanks for making us get up early and suffer in perfect Sedona weather. Hey Shilling, how did you do? I was waiting all day for you to pass me, but I tapped out before you had a chance.
    b

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Well, after spotting you guys 45 minutes then following that up with a snails pace ride. We had no chance of catching up to anyone. Tim and I were in full-on tour mode, pictures, practically falling in Oak Creek, tire issues, blah, blah. I didn't realize I was going to need lights to finish this one & we ended up walking out the last mile or so finishing up at 8:18p!! Nothing like a 13 hour beatdown on some uber techy red rocks!! I'm not sure how Tim managed that route on a rigid singlespeed, dude is hard core.

Glad you made it out for some of the fun!!
    Ski. Ride. Hike. Be.
    My Two Schillingsworth

mtbr member
    man "that's core dude"!

I had a moment of "am I really going to fall in this river?" Do not let your wheel touch the down stream flow when standing on a 6 inch log half submerged in the water.
    b

Lakvoodoo
    Yeah, it's funny.... sometimes, it's so hot out there that I eagerly jump right in barely before getting my shoes/jersey are off. But, yesterday was different, I was a big baby and didnt even want to get my feet wet, til finally the final crossing where I just plowed through the last few steps. We really got lucky yesterday w/the partial cloud cover. Freeskier...can't wait to see your pics!
    Get Outside!

Lakvoodoo
    Short recap...

Red Rock World: SBFL-Redux
    Red Rock World: SBFL-Redux
    Get Outside!