mad aussie

Saturday Quadruple Bypass

Inspired by the map posted here-thanks Walt! I decided to take on the quadruple bypass. It ended up with just 5 hardy souls who completed the whole ride. Myself and my team mate Zack, Don (I think) and Art and Trevor who were doing some final tune up for the Cape Epic in South Africa coming up soon. I have to say that was one of the harder rides I have done. It took 4 1/2 hours of riding with another hour of downtime waiting and fixing a couple of flats. We did have a few riders who bailed in Fountain Hills and took the road back. I have to say that Windgate is probably the hardest climb of the lot, fortunately it comes at the start when you are fresher.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am Walt
    Nice! Get a little hot out there...?
    Ride more; post less...

mad aussie
    We were starting to get "well done" by the time we began the last climb of the day and you could have stuck a fork in us at the top of windgate. Overall not too bad, I ran two full bottles and full 100oz Camelback which got me through the whole thing. Definately not a summer ride! My brakes got cooked the most from the descent of Bell Pass. I could actually smell the smoking brake pads!
    Glad I now know the trails out there as I work about 1 mile away from the trailhead!

Kevin

Occidental Tourist
    nice work.
    the bypass has it's merits but i'm diggin the simple circumnavigation.
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Next Saturday, anyone?

I am thinking about doing the simple circumnavigation - Quartz/Lost Dog/Sunrise/Dixie Mine/Windgate - this coming Saturday, March 17th, St. Patty's Day. I want to do it again before it gets too hot (I may be too late already). Anyone interested in joining? I would probably start at 7-7:30am from MMR.

Green beer optional.

EDIT: Oops, just remembered it's spring fling.....anyone staying here in town and up for this instead, let me know.
    Last edited by az_cholla; 03-11-2007 at 10:07 PM.