Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Another Broken Spoke

Saturday: Globe shuttle or Flagstaff

This Saturday I'm either going to do a Globe shuttle or a Flagstaff non-shuttle. Can't decide, but the heat must be escaped, and I have a bit of a kitchen pass for that day. Chime in if you have a preference and wanna join in, and maybe that'll swing my inclinations. If it's Globe, we'd just do a single run down Six Shooter.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Perhaps. My turner 6pack is about to be resurrected tomorrow as an RFX, and I should be able to get it all running, and it will need a maiden voyage of course...
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I would be interested in a shuttle run...

Si vales, valeo.
    I don't know when I am actually going to get around dusting off my bike, but some friends and I were wanting to plan a trip to Flag for snowless slope action...man, I haven't really done any riding this year. (T_T)
    "An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered." G.K. Chesterton

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I'm down for a shuttle run. I'd have to borrow the GF's car to meet you guys, though. I'm kinda new here and haven't ridden anything but SoMo and some Sedona trails.

My six inch bike's fork took a crap, so all I have is my DH bike. Is it gonna be overkill for six-shooter?

Oh yeah and I'll definitely help with gas. Thanks-Chris.

Transit Bus Driver
    nah a dh bike is not overkill at all. youd have the most fun on that.
    im in to go if you guys head up here to globe.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    well I might just have to dust off the Sunday. I think I forgot how to ride a DH bike it's been so long

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Does anybody have extra room for one more rider? I would love to hit six-shooter this weekend, but won't have a vehicle available (wife needs the car). Will gladly pay my share of gas.

Thanks,

Beau

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I have a mini van but not a rack so I could probably take me +2.. not sure what kind of road you shuttle on though.. Only there once many years ago and we tried to ride up...

Another Broken Spoke
    Let me do a personal headcount. I've got as many as 4 guys, with 2 trucks leaving from Loop 101 & FLW. But maybe just 3 or 2 of us, though. I'm quite keen to do Globe, since that appears to be the majority.

mtbr member
    May 2007

another vote for Globe

My 2 cents, go with the 6 Shooter shuttle, the abundant wildflowers and native ground cover in Flagstaff are overtaking the trails........and all of the monsoon precipt. has turned the sometimes dusty trails into brown velcro heaven

Maui Grown
    Quote Originally Posted by sdbelt
    Let me do a personal headcount. I've got as many as 4 guys, with 2 trucks leaving from Loop 101 & FLW. But maybe just 3 or 2 of us, though. I'm quite keen to do Globe, since that appears to be the majority.
    Post-up if you guys are still doing Globe. I live close by FLW & the 101 so can meet you guys there if I can make it. Aloha.

Another Broken Spoke
    Sorry for the late follow-up here, but the Globe shuttle ride is set. There are 4 of us going with 2 trucks.

Meeting time/location:

Starbucks on Frank Lloyd Wright & Thompson Peak Pkwy
    6am (sharp).

We'll be making one stop along the 101 & Chaparal to pick up a 4th, and the 2nd truck.

We can easily take 2 more that want to pile in. If 3 more show up, we need another vehicle, as my truck will handle 6 riders, but a 7th just won't fit well.

Shoot me an email at steve at teambelt dot com if you are coming. We'll be rolling from the parking lot at Starbucks by 6:05am...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Still want to do this.. where & when can we meet up?

I am going to be riding with flat pedals cause I haven't found where the movers packed my shoes... moving sucks!!

Another Broken Spoke
    Lethal

See my reply above. 6am TPP & FLW.

mtbr member
    Dam, would love to go its been awhile. Have fun all and watch out for POI BOY.
    JRA

Another Broken Spoke
    Quick Update: 5 are now confirmed.

Another Broken Spoke
    OK, we have 6 confirmed now. Next person needs to bring a vehicle.

Maui Grown
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech
    Dam, would love to go its been awhile. Have fun all and watch out for POI BOY.
    Hey, what does that mean?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I'm still down, but I need to know approx. how long the ride is.....I'll be borrowing the GF's car and she needs it around 11. It's a scion so I can take a few up there, as well. It's just a pain to load heavy bikes on the roof.

Maui Grown
    Quote Originally Posted by cesper
    I'm still down, but I need to know approx. how long the ride is.....I'll be borrowing the GF's car and she needs it around 11.
    Dude, you're not going to be back by 11:00. Globe is an all-day ride after you include the drive out and back.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    ohhhh......that sucks. I was under the impression we were doin a couple of runs only. Or is that how long a couple of runs takes?

Transit Bus Driver
    im getting my sister to shuttle me and a friend up, maybe well see you. i think we are gonna do ice house though we havent done it yet.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    turns out we're just doing one run so I'm goin'

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

actually nevermind that..........

yeah I'm a jackass. I still don't have all the parts to my bike. to make it worse the cable housing I just bought and hour ago is 4 inches too short

If anyone is meeting sdbelt at the Starbucks at 6:00 let him know i'm out. not sure if he's gonna check his email before then. Thanks and hopefully I'll catch the next one.

-Chris.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast