Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

S Mtn 7/3 National end to end anyone

939 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  mzzm 
#1 ·
I am planning on starting very early (5 to 5:30AM) in order to ride end to end this Saturday. Anyone else in?

I've been riding the standard Mormon, National, Telegraph, DC weekly at 5AM but looking to exend it a bit.

#2 ·
mzzm said:
I am planning on starting very early (5 to 5:30AM) in order to ride end to end this Saturday. Anyone else in?

I've been riding the standard Mormon, National, Telegraph, DC weekly at 5AM but looking to exend it a bit.
Looks like everyone is out of town this weekend, but thanks for posting. Have fun and bring lots o water! I usually start doing that ride (coast to coast, then back again up the road to Buena Vista and down National) once it cools down a bit in the fall - in prep for Flight of the Pigs.

#3 ·
We'll be heading out to Big Bear Lake to meet my brother and his family after the morning ride since I can get it in before the kids get up. We'll be doing some rides there also but will be spending more time with our familes.

I haven't done the coast to coast yet and wanted to before heading back to live in Chicago. Thanks for the route suggestion as that is what I'll plan on doing. I will be starting no later than 5AM to minimize exposure to the heat.

#4 ·
I ended up going solo on the route you stated and left by 5:15AM. It was an incredible ride of 4 hrs 5 minutes with very few stops although a bit of hike a bike up the second half of National. I was amazed at how long the second half seemed to be as it doesn't look that far. My mind was playing games as I was wondering who would find me if something happened as no one was out there. There were alot of roadies climbing back up to BV and they were challenging me to climb but at that point I was simply in survival mode to finish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.