MTBR Mafia

Role Call For Bootleg This Weekend...

Alright lets see how many are planning on headin out to the race this weekend.

If your racing; what class?
    All Mountain was so 2005

mtbr member
    I'll be there. I'm not racing though. Just riding on sat.

MTBR Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Feel the flow
    I'll be there. I'm not racing though. Just riding on sat.
    Why not race just to see how ya do if your driving all the way up there???

Wanna take some pics
    All Mountain was so 2005

mtbr member
    I just decided to go today. Got the green light from the boss (my fiance). I'm gonna go up with some friends, hopefully ride, have a beer or two and check the scene. OH! and take some pics.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    You should race. If your'e already making the tip then why not?

mtbr member
    Dammit! I just want to drink beer.

mtbr member
    Do they have day of race sign up?

MTBR Mafia
    I m signing up Saturday morning so i guess the day before signup
    All Mountain was so 2005

mtbr member
    I've never been to bootleg. I ride a nomad w/a fox 36rc2. Is it raceable there?

AKA Sherrif Moe Gnarpiao
    I'd be there fo sure if it wasn't the Old Pueblo 24 weekend. Damn! always missing out on BC
    JRA

Maui Grown
    You can ride the Nomad on the Bootleg trails, but I wouldn't race one. It wouldn't be very competitive against a DH bike.
    But if that's all you got, I'd rather race than watch.

FYI….I own both a Nomad and a DH bike.

MTBR Mafia
    I have a friend racing an SX trail so your nomad will work, might not be the best but it will work fine. plus you get to race.
    All Mountain was so 2005

mtbr member

JRA Racing

JRA racing team, Downhill, SuperD & 4X: Helimech, Lostboyz, Hari, Cdub ,A.P.B and mtnbykr06
    Helimech and c -dub cant make it but the rest of us are going up for the race. I am riding intermediate and the rest are racing in the expert class.
    Every thing is sign up when you get there I don't know of any early registration. So
    Fell the flow if you did want to race the option is open Talked to the All mountain cyclery yesterday no problem doing shuttles all weekend even if your not racing.

mtbr member
    SuperD Saturday dude....it's gonna be a rough weekend. Get yer rest fellas...

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I wish folks would use real names on here... 'cause, I can't keep anyone straight...

Hari, Mike(helimech), and Aaron(lostboyz) talked me into racing... old guy class(going on 39) and, whatever is one step more "experienced" than beginner... dunno... It'll be my first race so, I don't know the real terms for whatever class that puts me in.

I've never been to bootleg, and don't have a DH bike...
    I've riden with guys who run 6" and 7" bikes that can run with the fastest folks I've ever seen(in real life), so, I'd worry less about bike, and more about desire.
    I'll be running a RockyMountain Switch w/ single crown... and if I had a Nomad, I'd not let that keep me away... Nomad = 1/2" less travel, and 10lbs lighter than what I'll be on, with dang near identical geo.
    BTW, helimech mentioned that he's had great results on his pre '06 Switch(6") bike up there... based on a buch of things I've heard/read, and nothing I know, I'd hazzard a guess that a Nomad would be a great bike to run up there.

Cdub, APB... who are you guys?
    My bikes, Slayer 70 and Switch 2

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    I think APB is the one that got his derailleur chewed off by the South Mountain chupacabra this weekend.

Wish I was going, got family coming in town. Still have to get my first race out of the way. Good luck to everybody who's going. Mike H. you're in the middle age group not the old man group. Celebrate with the Champagne of Beers for me!

mtbr member
    Rep it for the Coors Crew Mike.

wrecking crew
    I heard that SuperD on any decent 6" travel bike will be fine...so an RFX/6-pack or Nomad would work. Monkeybutt and I were thinking of heading up there to check it out, but work is getting in the way.

I don't know who's who with the avatars/names. On the last GC ride with Helimech & Lostboys there was a dentist. Any one know who he is? By chance is one of you the dentist out on T-bird and 67th Ave? If so...please PM me your info for future use!
    ~~~

mtbr member
    Mike I was the one just riding along on Geronimo when my derailleur just broke in half. ( Happens to often lately broke a derailleur hanger a couple of weeks ago)
    You well have fun go for the good time and great trails it a blast.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Brian, when can i race in the old guy class? and, you know I need no urge'n to celbrate with "the champagne"
    Andy, yep, SoMo likes to eat parts I guess... I did the hanger, then the next ride derailleur show as well... just a weekend forward of your misfourtune... although, my derailleur didn't explode like yours... so, you win.
    My bikes, Slayer 70 and Switch 2