Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Upset Robbed at gunpoint for my 2011 Trek X-Cal

I was ridding home from work late that night when I had stopped at the rest area along the canal near 7th Street and Northern to take a break. It's a 12 mile commute and I had just worked approximately 15 hours so I was tired. I was resting there for about 5 minutes when this thug runs up to me with a gun pulled out yelling at me to give him my phone and to empty out my backpack. He held me at gunpoint for about 10 minutes while I was emptying out contents of my backpack.

I was trying to stall him by doing it very slowly and trying to talk him out of harming me. He kept threading to shoot me if I didn't hurry up. I was just hoping that somebody would pass by while this was occurring then maybe I could escape. I didn't want to just hand over all my property and let him shoot me and get away. I had a real bad vibe that he was going to shoot me anyways ... He was definitely tweaking on drugs so he was obviously not thinking rationally, I wasn't about to just be another helpless victim of a robbery and murder if I could help it.

So after stalling him for several minutes I saw my chance just a he was getting aggressively more angry and getting ready to do something drastic I saw a light coming from a distance about 100 yards away on the bike path. I then pointed and said "is that the cops" as he turned away to look I threw my backpack at him and tackled him to the ground. I started punching him in the head with my right fist while using my left to try to pull the gun from his hand. At this point that light I saw was a man ridding a bike and he was just a few feet away. I shouted to the man to call 911 because I was being robbed by this guy with a gun. The guy backed away and said he was calling 911 now.

While he was calling for help me and the thug were still in a scuffle in the ground. just when i was about to wrestle the gun from him he bite my arm, he then flung the gun in the air away from us and then I just started going to work on him... punching him repeatedly with both fists. Then I grabbed the dude's throat with both hands and started chocking him while slamming his head into the pavement repeatedly. During the whole struggle he was screaming for me to "please let him go"

It's beyond me how I didn't knock this guy unconscious... It must of been the adrenalin rush he had from the Meth or PCP he was on. Either way at this point I was so angry and I started taunting him while kicking his ass... I told him he was going to be spending a very long time in prison when the cops get here. Then he shoved a long object into my eye caused me to release my grip on him.

He then jumped on my bike and rode off before I could react. I was so pissed he got away. Well during the struggle he dropped his own cellphone behind and also a spare magazine clip for the gun. All of which were used to locate and identify the suspect. He got away with my bike and iPhone. I didn't get my phone service disconnected until several days later because I thought maybe the punk would be stupid enough to make calls with it to people he knows and that could be a way to locate and identify him also. The idiot placed several calls and texts to his friends and family members. lol he thought he had gotten away clean. Well detectives had him under surveillance no longer then 24 hours after the incident occurred.

After about 5 days of surveillance they made the arrest. They were just waiting for enough evidence to make the arrest. Him using my iPhone is what sealed the deal.
    Last edited by Big_Games; 12-17-2012 at 07:01 PM.

mtbr member

Good job! Booking photo and link to the news story.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Cool story bro.

You got lucky in that one. Can't say I would blame you if you killed him.

Chances are he's gonna get a slap on the wrist, probation and a light fine

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    everyone knows that if you mess with a Segall, you're in for a shitkickin'

the news article said he already had outstanding warrants,, so he's going away for a while

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Holy ****, what a wild story. Glad he is getting locked up.

mtbr member
    Wow! Glad you are alright. I probably would of reacted the same way. Did you get your bike and other belongings back?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    If there's anything "funny" from the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Games View Post
    . Either way at this point I was so angry and I started taunting him while kicking his ass

Glad you're OK, glad he got caught. Sketttttcccchhhhhyyyyy....

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    is that area in general a bad neighborhood? ive never been off the freeway in phoenix except for the zoo and somo.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by motoolfan View Post
    Wow! Glad you are alright. I probably would of reacted the same way. Did you get your bike and other belongings back?
    Yea I'm dying to know.if you're bike is lost forever?
    There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Damn, I used to ride that canal to/from work quite a bit. That area was always sketchy, and I just made sure to keep moving. Makes me glad I sold my road bike. Good to hear that you are okay, and that you got your property back and got to unload on this d***head for a bit.

DFMBA.org
    Hope this punk makes a good wife to multiple other dirtbags in prison.

Sent from my mountain bike while crashing
    Please donate to IMBA or your local IMBA chapter. It's trail karma.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoraa View Post
    Yea I'm dying to know.if you're bike is lost forever?
    The article says that he did get his belongings back.

Dirt Bike Craig
    Glad to see some justice be served. What did he stab you in the eye with? Ouch!
    Check out my photography on RedBubble http://www.redbubble.com/people/fmxdbc

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    Some street justice and court justice. Nice to see the good guys win once in a while. Glad it didn't turn as bad as it could have. While I love my bike, I don't know if I want to die for it.
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

Always a good day to ride
    CRAZY STORY! Glad that you are OK and they caught him.

mtbr member
    You should have everyone you know and mtbr folks write you a letter about lucky we are to still have you and how a tragedy was barely avoided, get the letters to the judge and maybe we can get him the full 12 years

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    welp time to start carrying on the commute again! Guess ill need lighter wheels on the roadbike afterall to offset the weight of the gun.

mtbr member
    Glad to hear you made it out okay. I hope that I am able to respond the same way if I am ever in that type of situation. Pretty damn brave.

mtbr member
    First off, good beating.

Second, where was your gun and how come you didn't use it on him? This was in AZ, right?

74 & 29 pilot
    NICE WORK!! Glad you came out of it alive and sad that he did to. We need to just start eliminating worthless and terrorizing human beings like this instead of keeping them around to drain the system.
    MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

K3N
    Certified slacker
    Wow! Amazing story man, glad you are able to be here and tell us about it. I hope that D-bag gets whats comin to him. Karmas a beach.

I guess I'm never going to stop again while out riding now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy_E View Post
    First off, good beating.

Second, where was your gun and how come you didn't use it on him? This was in AZ, right?
    I never felt the need to carry it before but now I travel with my Glock-30 every time I leave the house.

mtbr member
    I never felt the need to carry it before but now I travel with my Glock-30 every time I leave the house.
    You win rep.

Pivotal figure
    Damn, that's right on my commute route as well...No stopping I guess
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike View Post
    everyone knows that if you mess with a Segall, you're in for a shitkickin'

the news article said he already had outstanding warrants,, so he's going away for a while
    I believe his warrants were for minor stuff, in the sentencing report it said he has no prior felony convictions. He plead guilty to 1 count of Armed Robbery (class 2 felony) and 1 count of Aggravated Assault (class 4 felony) in exchange 2 other charges were dropped. Stipulated in the plea agreement he has to serve at least 5 years but not more than 12 years. It will be up to the judge what he gets. We think it will be around 8 years that he receives.

This loser is pleading with the court to go easy on himself. He's just a 21 year old gang banging thug piece of **** that spent his days getting high and drinking at his mom's house. He had no job and he contributed nothing good to society. I'm certain it isn't his first time committing robberies.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast