Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I grew up in Scottsdale. I have a .38 but not sure where the bullets are.
    I hope you have a strong throwing arm and good aim, cuz you'll only get 1 chance that a way!
    I think I'm not as good as I thought.

mtbr member
    My coworker runs and bikes with this. He says it is very comfortable, does not bounce around, and keeps your weapon in front without drawing too much attention to it. He carried a 45 in it very comfortably.

http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Produc...2/Default.aspx

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy_E View Post
    You guys ever see those flash mob videos? Bunch of worthless teenagers/young adults gather together and pick a store to rob/destroy. Having a gun would do a lot of good in that situation, but I'd feel really outnumbered having to face a crowd of punk kids with only five rounds of .357 out of a 2.5" barrel. Skin your smoke wagon and they'll probably decide they want to be at choir practice instead, but it's still bad odds.

Most gun fights statistically last about 1.5 seconds with under three shots, but more and more, little packs of losers are getting together to start crap. Attacks involving multiple assailants will become more and more common, methinks.
    I'm not going to get tied in knots over those 1% scenarios, it's no way to live .
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrwhlr View Post
    I'm not going to get tied in knots over those 1% scenarios, it's no way to live .
    I see where you're coming from. If I had to face a flash riot, I'd want a rifle. Preferably along with a friend who also has a rifle. Going around like a Mogadishu warlord isn't socially acceptable, even in AZ, so a pistol has to suffice.

I wouldn't really worry about practicing defusing a flash riot, but I'd definitely practice facing multiple assailants. The "pack mentality" is becoming more and more prevalent in urban yoots. We're seeing a lot more instances of two or three losers out committing crimes as a group. Makes sense, as two or three guys can fan out, block exits, run interference, act as a distraction, etc. It's really the same tactics lions use on zebras, and the same mentality from the predators.

One thing they say in the military is, "While you sleep, your enemy is training."

bland
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy_E View Post
    You guys ever see those flash mob videos?
    Its a little annoying but I don't think I would start firing off rounds at them.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrwhlr View Post
    Hey man, you haven't lived til you get flash-mobbed on the Black Canyon Trail...

I think some members must have had childhoods like this.....

Daddy...tell us more about how "those people" form flash mobs.....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by m77ranger View Post
    Its a little annoying but I don't think I would start firing off rounds at them.

Someone who is completely nuts may though

scared to post
    i have had it happen to me and now i always carry...ALWAYS! ( the guy got away with more than $350 and my wallet)
    i'm not joking, posting is scary

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by radiocraig View Post
    i have had it happen to me and now i always carry...ALWAYS! ( the guy got away with more than $350 and my wallet)
    Mind sharing your story? Some may learn some key things to look out for and be able to avoid what you experienced.

Ridin' Dirty
    Wow, crazy story Big Games! Glad you're ok and you got to unload some anger on him.

Not to bash on Trek but if you were riding a "real" bike we'd be having another conversation on here. LOL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shift less, Pedal more.
    Technically you cannot just up and shoot someone unless you feel that your life is truely in danger. In this case the guy had a gun, so yeah shoot first, and shoot second, then ask questions later.

In the case where a weirdo comes up to you and makes you feel uncomfortable, you have every right to tase the hell out of em without any reprocussions of the law.

Lethal force in response to lethal force. Gun vs Gun, knife, machete, dirty needle...

Physical force in response to physical force. Fist vs Fist, Taser, Stun Gun, Mace...

So you can essentially tase someone for walking up to you, and not get any charges, if you shoot someone for making you feel uncomfortable though, they might sue you. I like the Tase and Mace approach, unless I'm worried for my life, then I shoot a couple of times, and ask later. It is AZ.
    I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I'm not......Dolemite.

Eroding into the trail
    Always a good idea to carry at night, you never know if scum like that or a crazed squirrel/Pit Bull/Mountain Lion will attack you; an extra magazine would be helpful also! Ultra bright LED tactical flashlight (small) is also nice to have to blind scum like that for a tactical advantage!

Extra points for handing him an ass kicking, too bad he wasn't more seriously damaged though.

Eroding into the trail
    You could very well have been bitten by one of the notorious Tweaker Ville Zombies!

You need an anti-zombie inoculation ASAP!

A really good bottle of single malt Scotch might also be helpful to ward off infection!

As a side-note, Zombie Max ammo might be a good investment when you get a carry pistol (you never know)!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdss View Post
    Technically you cannot just up and shoot someone unless you feel that your life is truely in danger. In this case the guy had a gun, so yeah shoot first, and shoot second, then ask questions later.

In the case where a weirdo comes up to you and makes you feel uncomfortable, you have every right to tase the hell out of em without any reprocussions of the law.

Lethal force in response to lethal force. Gun vs Gun, knife, machete, dirty needle...

Physical force in response to physical force. Fist vs Fist, Taser, Stun Gun, Mace...

So you can essentially tase someone for walking up to you, and not get any charges, if you shoot someone for making you feel uncomfortable though, they might sue you. I like the Tase and Mace approach, unless I'm worried for my life, then I shoot a couple of times, and ask later. It is AZ.

I'm just a barracks lawyer, but I wouldn't follow this advice. So, if some guy walks up to me and asks for a cigarette, and he's a weirdo, I can just tase him and it's no big deal? No possibility of an assault charge?

Lethal force is also acceptable in response to a physical alteration. Zimmerman said Trayvon had him on the ground beating his head on the street. That's life threatening. Two or more guys trying to beat you is a disparity of force, and it's justifiable to shoot in that situation.

I suggest you read the "Street Robberies and You" link I posted earlier.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    also acceptable alternative is just staying clear of shitty areas.

i had to google 'barracks lawyer',, and i see its kinda like Rimmer from red dwarf.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    You can do whatever you can do. The consequences are a totally different concept - 'may' and 'might'.

No Clue Crew
    The KEY is you have to be able to demonstrate to a judge or jury that a reasonable person in the same situation would have felt threatened enough to apply a like amount of force, deadly or otherwise.

No, you can't apply any amount of force to someone simply because you felt uncomfortable.

But, again, the key is that you can demonstrate to a judge or jury that any other reasonable person would have reacted in like manner.

@trailgrinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Bgrafk View Post
    Wow, crazy story Big Games! Glad you're ok and you got to unload some anger on him.

Not to bash on Trek but if you were riding a "real" bike we'd be having another conversation on here. LOL!

So you mean.....to bash on Trek, so what kind of "real bike" would change the fact that he almost got shot? Pretty sure the thief could have care less about the brand of bike like you do.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    or you could just not frequent those types of bars...

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Two things that I have been told if you unfortunately have to shoot someone:

1. When you call 911 to report the shooting only tell them that someone has been shot and whether or not they are still alive.

2. Dont say ANYTHING about what happened until you have talked to a lawyer. You dont want to end up being a victim twice...
    Killing it with close inspection.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I don't know why, but I remember reading this story about how a guys bike was stolen in Northern California... It's amazing how much our mentality here in AZ differs. At least there is one less thief on the streets in AZ.
    Killing it with close inspection.

@trailgrinder
    So I just figured out the"real" bike......I'm a dumbass! Lol

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    you hafta wonder if that guy caught hell from his wife afterwards,
    "dont you ever ****ing endanger your well being or that of your family again, that was ****ing stupid and you couldve gotten us killed"
    sometimes a lesson is best learned when the **** flies from the inside (unless you think jail time actually rehabilitates)

No Clue Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by FireLikeIYA View Post
    I don't know why, but I remember reading this story about how a guys bike was stolen in Northern California... It's amazing how much our mentality here in AZ differs.
    In CA everything is someone else's fault. It wasn't that guys fault that he stole the DHR. Society and the upbringing by his sh|tty parents were at fault. He's only in our country to better support his family. Can't give a guy a beatdown for something that's not his fault, right?

Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike View Post
    you hafta wonder if that guy caught hell from his wife afterwards,
    "dont you ever ****ing endanger your well being or that of your family again, that was ****ing stupid and you couldve gotten us killed"
    sometimes a lesson is best learned when the **** flies from the inside (unless you think jail time actually rehabilitates)
    Are you kidding? These kinds of people are to f*ck*ng stupid to be mad. Or embarrassed. Or ashamed. They laughed all the way home. "That dumb-ass didn't even have the police there. We should be in jail right now but thanks to the dumb-ass liberals who make everything someone else's fault we're walking free right now. Ooooh, I got a harsh scolding. I feel soooooo baaaaaad." They probably went somewhere else and stole another bike right after that.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike View Post
    In CA everything is someone else's fault. It wasn't that guys fault that he stole the DHR. Society and the upbringing by his sh|tty parents were at fault. He's only in our country to better support his family. Can't give a guy a beatdown for something that's not his fault, right?

Are you kidding? These kinds of people are to f*ck*ng stupid to be mad. Or embarrassed. Or ashamed. They laughed all the way home. "That dumb-ass didn't even have the police there. We should be in jail right now but thanks to the dumb-ass liberals who make everything someone else's fault we're walking free right now. Ooooh, I got a harsh scolding. I feel soooooo baaaaaad." They probably went somewhere else and stole another bike right after that.
    You seem pretty cranked up about all this......it was a Turner.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast