Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smilinsteve View Post
    Big_games - Outstanding story bro!!
    Who are you going to pick to play you in the HBO movie?
    I hope you have an agent.

P.S. Fck the gun debate! Haven't you mthrfkers had enough of that sht every single place you happen to look these days?

I come hear to read about much less important issues
    Exactly. Couldn't agree more.

banned
    Aug 2012
    Like moths to a flame LOL

No Clue Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycle64 View Post
    Babeu went on to say that he believes new gun laws are not the solution.
    "We have a people problem, not a gun problem.
    Sweet biscuits! I think I said that earlier? Looks like me and Babeau and some serious idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride View Post
    Chicago just reached 500 murders (all gun murders?? IDK) and Chi-town has some of the strictest gun regulation laws in the country from what I understand.
    One thing to consider when you look at figures of how many death occur is WHO was actually murdered? If the majority of those deaths are hoodlums, and I'd almost guarantee they are, then who really cares?

The anti-gun crowd throw around numbers of how many "children" are killed each year by gunfire. They use "children" because everyone loves the children. And if you like guns then you obviously hate children since guns kill children. And people who hate children are bad, evil, and not to be trusted.

They don't tell you that children is ANY person under 18. They don't edit out the justifiable deaths which are not murders. And they don't tell you that a majority of those deaths are hoodlums killing hoodlums. That's a good thing. Unfortunately, they don't always have sh|t for aim.

And, one thing to also consider is that just because you are not charged for or cleared of a shooting it doesn't mean you are free. You will most certainly face the scumbag's survivors suing you for wrongful death. You may likely beat it but it may cost you plenty to fight it. And, it's much easier for the scumbags to win that case vs. a criminal case.

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike View Post

One thing to consider when you look at figures of how many death occur is WHO was actually murdered? If the majority of those deaths are hoodlums, and I'd almost guarantee they are, then who really cares?
    I'd have to go back and read my post but I'm sure that was my point. A heavily controlled gun area has a high gun rate b/c of 'hoodlums', not law abiding people. And the reason to care is exactly because it skews the numbers and makes it easy for the talking heads to spew misinformation. This benefits no one but heavily sways the political tide....which in the end directly affects you.

I just read the other day that according to the FBI records (sorry can't remember the acronym for the goup) that 2.5% of all gun murders are committed with a rifle. They do not distinguish an AR-15 or other military style weapons..as the media likes to call them, from any other rifle like a 30/30. So we can assume crimes with 'military' style weapons is much lower than 2.5%. That being said what the heck is a gun ban on military style weapons gonna do? The general public is just afraid of these weapons b/c the media uses them as a talking point, for dramatic intent. Most of the time they themselves have no idea what they are talking about.

A ban on these weapons makes people who know no better, feel better...and that's what drives politicians. Not safety.

Not sure where I'm headed with this, lol. It's just frustrating.
    Last edited by eatdrinkride; 01-01-2013 at 09:08 PM.

No Clue Crew
    I'd have to go back and read my post but I'm sure that was my point. A heavily controlled gun area has a high gun rate b/c of 'hoodlums', not law abiding people. And the reason to care is exactly because it skews the numbers and makes it easy for the talking heads to spew misinformation. This benefits no one but heavily sways the political tide....which in the end directly affects you.
    I'm glad you clarified because I did not get that point from your post.

A ban on these weapons makes people who know no better, feel better...and that's what drives politicians. Not safety.
    This is exactly it. Politicians pass gun laws, or laws aimed at violence, mostly to make people FEEL safe. They, of course, also want to FEEL like they are doing something when they have no power to do so.

Laws make people FEEL safe, not BE safe.

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike View Post
    I'm glad you clarified because I did not get that point from your post.

This is exactly it. Politicians pass gun laws, or laws aimed at violence, mostly to make people FEEL safe. They, of course, also want to FEEL like they are doing something when they have no power to do so.

Laws make people FEEL safe, not BE safe.
    And to my point according to the FBI stats more murders were committed by 'personal weapons', meaning hands, fists, feet than by rifles. Again the term rifles includes military style weapons.

I don't have a direct FBI link but...

Crime Stats: You are more likely to be killed by hands and feet than by a shotgun or rifle | The Daily Caller

Total murders by hands and feet in 2011 exceeded the total number of murders by shotgun and rifle

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10