How much further ???

Riding Wildhorse Ext/ Wildhorse east to west

Riding Wildhorse Ext/ Wildhorse east to west after a rain is pure flowy mountain biking goodness. That is all.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

mtbr member
    yah, it's a real ripper. If only I could ride it half that fast going west to east! who else knows why it's called wild horse??
    RAM speed: UP, UP, and away....!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGHORN LEW View Post
    yah, it's a real ripper. If only I could ride it half that fast going west to east! who else knows why it's called wild horse??
    Because there be horses there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding Wildhorse Ext/ Wildhorse east to west-dscn0396.jpg  

Closekids.com
    Where is this?
    Me to my riding buddy, "Want to ride this afternoon?"
    Him, "I can't. I have to chop this guys foot off at 2".

How much further ???
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomingSooner View Post
    Where is this?
    Its part of the Hawes system.

Check it out here Wild Horse Trail
    Last edited by Douger-1; 01-03-2013 at 10:45 AM.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Most people never see the WILD horses, but they are out there. I have seen them once only. I'm pretty sure the big one is SPIRIT from the movie What I want to know is has anyone made the climb up out of the wash that runs into wild horse on the west end?

How much further ???
    Most people never see the WILD horses, but they are out there. I have seen them once only. I'm pretty sure the big one is SPIRIT from the movie What I want to know is has anyone made the climb up out of the wash that runs into wild horse on the west end?
    If its the wash where Big Rock heading north intersects with Wild Horse then yes I've made the climb out of that wash going either way.

Is this the wash you are talking about?

Go here: Twisted Sister-Big Rock

start first video and go to 5:00 min.

mtbr member
    Yep dats da one! I gotta get out there and try it again. U be awesome Doug the trans-am Super Hero!

How much further ???
    Yep dats da one! I gotta get out there and try it again. U be awesome Doug the trans-am Super Hero!
    Huh? I wouldnt go that far. lol Im sure you can do it.

Addicted to 2 wheels
    Lew, You have to attack the base of the hill with speed and then down shift once you hit it. If you get enough speed, it seems you just have to grind out two or three pedals. We can do it when we finally meet up for a Hawes ride one of these days.

Douger is a trans super hero for sure!

How much further ???
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarHigh View Post
    Douger is a trans super hero for sure!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Saw the wild horses over on the Hawes side on a ride just after Christmas. I had just come down the switchbacks on Saddle(?), and at the next "T", instead of heading right (East) to go to Mine trail, I went left (West) to head back towards start. Near the second wash crossing after turning left, there were about 5-6 horses. I only got as close as the trail took me (maybe 75ft), but they just eyed me without running away. Pretty cool sight!

EDR
    I've seen the horses walking in the river a few times during the hot months. Last time I saw them there was a what I think was a mare, and a colt..and a few others.

I wonder if the horses were aware that when they exited the river on the north side they were entering Native American - American Indian Reservation Tribal Land.

mtbr member
    went out and rode WILDhorse this morning with AZORR. We ran into SugarHigh and johan coming off the minetrail, cool dudes I gave the steep climb out of the wash from bigrock trail to WILDhorse a shot and i'm happy to say I now OWN it Don't know what changed, but I rode it clean first try. WILDhorse is so fun from east to west. I'm say'n the 5 mile climb out east is worth it

How much further ???
    went out and rode WILDhorse this morning with AZORR. We ran into SugarHigh and johan coming off the minetrail, cool dudes I gave the steep climb out of the wash from bigrock trail to WILDhorse a shot and i'm happy to say I now OWN it Don't know what changed, but I rode it clean first try. WILDhorse is so fun from east to west. I'm say'n the 5 mile climb out east is worth it
    nice work!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BullitTom View Post
    Saw the wild horses over on the Hawes side on a ride just after Christmas. I had just come down the switchbacks on Saddle(?), and at the next "T", instead of heading right (East) to go to Mine trail, I went left (West) to head back towards start. Near the second wash crossing after turning left, there were about 5-6 horses. I only got as close as the trail took me (maybe 75ft), but they just eyed me without running away. Pretty cool sight!
    Saw the same group of horses in the same spot yesterday. Pretty cool for sure.

I like to ride bikes fast.

mtbr member
    thats primo stuff seeing the wild steeds wherever,and it helps verify the horsies existence, but, IT doesn't count on THIS thread unless you see them on WILDhorse proper

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    thats primo stuff seeing the wild steeds wherever,and it helps verify the horsies existence, but, IT doesn't count on THIS thread unless you see them on WILDhorse proper
    Haha! Hey, it's not our fault the horses aren't staying on their trail!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BullitTom View Post
    Haha! Hey, it's not our fault the horses aren't staying on their trail!
    I hear ya! I guess that's why it's called horsing around

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    im going to be hitting hawes in about 20 minutes after i drop off the fedex.
    i will probably include do a twisted/WH out and back since its in the 70s (yay finally) and i have 2.5 hours of daylight.
    anyone heading out there this afternoon?