mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Riding Prescott Again.....

Hey guys, been awhile, but I'm coming up to Prescott for a week, be there October 23 - 29. I hooked up with a Thursday ride that started at White Spar campground last time I was in town (09). Wanted to see if that ride is still going on? I would like to ride atleast two days, hopefully 3. Went on a solo ride on Saturday last time that started up the street from walmart and went by lynx lake crossed the road and some serious climbing and back down, great ride, I'll have to pull out my trail map to get it again, but i'm open to anything, I'd prefer to go with someone instead of heading out by myself.

Thanks, Steve

SHU
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Steve,
    I'm off on the 25th and 26th. Also off on the 28th and 29th. I'd be up for a couple of rides if the schedule works out. PM me with your info and we'll figure it out.
    John

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    John, PM sent, the 25 & 26 dates would be great. Steve

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Okay, set up with Shu, anyone else gonna have time to ride during the week of October 25 - 29th?

Tange your face
    Jul 2009
    Will you guys be riding during the day mostly? The Thurs. night crew is trying to get everyone set up with lights. I may be in for a day or so.

Tim

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I don't have a light set up and the evenings are set aside for the wife. Last year when I went on the Thurs. ride from White Spar cg it was done before it got dark. Is this the ride you are talking about?

Tange your face
    Jul 2009
    Likely one of the rides that Chris does. I understand about the evenings. But I may still be game for any of those dates. I may see Shu at Ed's and I'll see what he may be thinking. There is some fun new stuff that has gone up if you haven't been up in a while.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by timmycee
    Likely one of the rides that Chris does. I understand about the evenings. But I may still be game for any of those dates. I may see Shu at Ed's and I'll see what he may be thinking. There is some fun new stuff that has gone up if you haven't been up in a while.
    timmycee, could you elaborate on the fun, new stuff? I've seen 317 & 327, both cool. Anything else? I pretty much ride Immanuel Pines & Granite Basin so may be out of the loop on some other stuff.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Can't remember the gents name, but he was on the Thursday evening ride and was the one responsible for cutting most of the trail we were on. I suppose he's kept up his efforts from the sound of it. Looking forward to riding up there again. It's been over a year since I was there.

Elitest thrill junkie
    The final part of 327 is very new. they did the older part (from Thumb Butte Road) a while back. It is a pretty crappy trail section too. The new lower section connects to Camp Pearlstien, and is more Prescott "buff singletrack", but actually constructed decently and obviously it connects to other trails, which is nice.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Tange your face
    Jul 2009
    +1 to what Jayem said. So the few newer things are 95 which is over by 305. Fun 3 or so mile loop that is off of the Lynx Creek ruin road. It's easy to add to the 305 out and back. Then there is a small new connector off of 317 that will drop you onto 316. Short but fun and swoopy. Also a little known connector from the top of White Rock that will take you over to 392. I hear Chris has been working in the Dells as well. All this doesn't add up to much, just new possibilities to put things together. But certainly fun!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    thanks, timmycee. I've ridden that short 317-316 connector; short but well-built. Speaking of 317, I always thought a fun connector would be a trail from 317 at the Kingswood trailhead down to the trail paralleling Willow Creek by the Immanuel Pines Camp.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Sounds like everyone has kept expanding the trail system. Can't wait to get up there and ride.