Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    banned

Riding With Our Wives

I love to ride with my wife and today was kind of special since we got to ride a bunch of trails I built in the Bay Area before moving to Sedona. These are some pictures of an area called Water Dog where I either built or helped build about five different trails over fifteen year ago.

Maybe other viewers have pictures of their wives on rides to share with the group.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding With Our Wives-002a.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-003a.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-005a.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-006a.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-009a.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-2012-07-03_15-19-33_498%5B1%5D.jpg  

mtbr member
    Ok, I'll play. I love riding with mrs. rockman. In fact we met on a ride. 15 yr wedding anniversary was last week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding With Our Wives-engineer.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-ho.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-tongue16.jpg  

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Ok, I'll play. I love riding with mrs. rockman. In fact we met on a ride. 15 yr wedding anniversary was last week.
    rock:

Great Pictures. It will be interesting to see how many viewers on the AZ forum even have pictures of their wives riding with them.

TD
    Last edited by traildoc; 07-03-2012 at 07:21 PM.

mtbr member
    So, how does your wife ride a bike if she's blind?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy_E View Post
    So, how does your wife ride a bike if she's blind?
    Easy:

It will be interesting if you get a pass for such a STUPID comment. Let's get back on track and see some pictures of our wives out riding.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    I want to meet a gal on a ride.

meow.

drink coffee, ride.
    TD - as I've said before, Mrs. TD is a pretty awesome guide, and yes it would be great to have your wife ride as well. Unfortunately, Mrs cookiedough is the most awesome wife out there, I've got 20 yrs to prove it while looking forward to another 20. Great idea for a thread.

rock - wow, riding the CT toward Engineer Mtn, now that's quite the ride, was able to hike some of that with the wife and daughters, just not ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    Easy:

It will be interesting if you get a pass for such a STUPID comment. Let's get back on track and see some pictures of our wives out riding.
    Lighten up, Francis. All I was saying was you married way outside your pay grade. Her having a visual impairment must be the reason. I'm just bustin' yer balls, don't go all Waco on me.

banned
    Lighten up, Francis. All I was saying was you married way outside your pay grade. Her having a visual impairment must be the reason. I'm just bustin' yer balls, don't go all Waco on me.
    Eazy:

What makes you think my wife married way out of my pay grade? I retired at 50 and she got to retire at 47. We both have been living the American Dream since July 5th. 2000.

We can go anywhere we want (except the Northern Arizona National Forest) anytime we want. We can ride any day we want anywhere we want.

If you have the same good fortune, I am happy for you. For some unknown reason you think it's OK to try and bust my balls maybe you can share with the MTBR viewers how that is going to be effective for you?

Francis

AZ
    banned
    Humor escapes you.

mtbr member
    My beautiful girl. I do all kinds of riding, sometimes I hammer, sometimes solo, sometimes long distance or short but some of the rides I enjoy the most are with my girl.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Eazy:

What makes you think my wife married way out of my pay grade? I retired at 50 and she got to retire at 47. We both have been living the American Dream since July 5th. 2000.

We can go anywhere we want (except the Northern Arizona National Forest) anytime we want. We can ride any day we want anywhere we want.

If you have the same good fortune, I am happy for you. For some unknown reason you think it's OK to try and bust my balls maybe you can share with the MTBR viewers how that is going to be effective for you?

Francis
    OMG. You're trolling me now, right? This is as simple as I can put it. The next rung down on the algorithm will be an MS Paint.

Okay, your wife is a good looking lady. You are kind of an ugly cuss. Therefore, your wife is out of your pay grade, out of your league.

It started out being a compliment on your missus, and a sly crack on you, no bad feelings or offense meant, just a little ribbing and ball busting. If you want to turn it into something it wasn't meant to be, come at me, bro.

banned
    OMG. You're trolling me now, right? This is as simple as I can put it. The next rung down on the algorithm will be an MS Paint.

Okay, your wife is a good looking lady. You are kind of an ugly cuss. Therefore, your wife is out of your pay grade, out of your league.

It started out being a compliment on your missus, and a sly crack on you, no bad feelings or offense meant, just a little ribbing and ball busting. If you want to turn it into something it wasn't meant to be, come at me, bro.
    Easy:

I don't do personal attacks. It would be Easy to call you something the moderators would say is against the MTBR rules, it accomplishes nothing. Your humor doesn't work for me, so I suggest you stop trying to be funny and do your own well thought out post.

TD

mtbr member
    Does this mean you won't take me to Sodomy Gulch in Sedona?

Purveyor of Trail Tales!
    Aug 2005
    I love to ride with my wife......Maybe other viewers have pictures of their wives on rides to share with the group.
    Hey traildoc,

I'll play. My wife likes DH much more that AM riding so here are a few of her from Northstar, Whistler and St. George, UT.

Northstar:
    Riding With Our Wives-heather-live-wire-tabletop-2-cropped-mtbr.jpg
    Riding With Our Wives-heather-northstar-sticks-stones-cropped-mtbr.jpg

Whistler:
    Heather - Drop In Number 1 - Cropped for Mtbr.jpg

St. George, UT:
    Heather - Gooseberry Mesa Drop.jpg

Mountain Bike Action let you use their cover wrapper to create these so I did one for Heather:
    Riding With Our Wives-heather-smile-2-gooseberry-mesa.jpg

Since you brought up this thread subject I thought you might like to read this one on the same theme:
    Riding with significant others: the good and the bad

Thanks and take care,

Michael
    If you can't keep the rubber side down......at least smile for the camera!

mtbr member
    rock:

Great Pictures. It will be interesting to see how many viewers on the AZ forum even have pictures of their wives riding with them.

TD
    I'm interested to know why you limited this to only wives.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Black and Sticky
    I'll play too. This was Mandee's first ride at Pemberton, about three years ago. I'm so lucky she puts up with my fondness for bicycles, old trucks, and P-cars. Easy_E's comment applies to me, I did marry out of my pay grade.

Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding With Our Wives-mandee-me-mmp.jpg  

"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission." - Neil Kendall

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

... and if we just ... women riders rock

I ride with my wife and daughter and other peoples wives and daughters and have for years. In my experience a great girl rider has to overcome a lot of male ego and stupidity - not to mention lack of real support and encouragement. Therefore if Doc's wife rides, then the chances that she is cool are VERY high. Doc's evident ego and attitude suggest that he is far less cool. Who really gives a crap if you get to not work. You don't need money to be a bum.

What would be even cooler would be her starting a post about riding with her aging and slow husband THAT WOULD BE COOL!

mtbr member
    oops. nvm.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtieterror View Post
    I ride with my wife and daughter and other peoples wives and daughters and have for years. In my experience a great girl rider has to overcome a lot of male ego and stupidity - not to mention lack of real support and encouragement. Therefore if Doc's wife rides, then the chances that she is cool are VERY high. Doc's evident ego and attitude suggest that he is far less cool. Who really gives a crap if you get to not work. You don't need money to be a bum.

What would be even cooler would be her starting a post about riding with her aging and slow husband THAT WOULD BE COOL!
    Bow:

Great post, I just read it to my wife and she is still laughing.. She knows I need help, but putting me in a mental hospital would not get the rental painted or her bike tires freshly charged with my home brew.

I think in my case the good barely out weighs the bad, but I could be wrong.

TD

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sockpuppet12 View Post
    I gots 3 shiny nickels that say if youre wife signed you over to the state, every bike shop in town would maintain her bike free of charge. maybe the tentants would even paint the house for you while youre gone......
    Great post, she is laughing again, thanks-TD

rock crusher
    Aug 2008
    My better half, riding up high on the Colorado Tr, then in the desert near Cortez, CO.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding With Our Wives-colorado-trail.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-sand-canyon-cortez.jpg  

Vitamin Bike Added
    Quote Originally Posted by Bituman View Post
    I'll play too. This was Mandee's first ride at Pemberton, about three years ago. I'm so lucky she puts up with my fondness for bicycles, old trucks, and P-cars. Easy_E's comment applies to me, I did marry out of my pay grade.

Bob
    What's that full suspension rig on the left?
    Keep the rubber side down

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch View Post
    My better half, riding up high on the Colorado Tr, then in the desert near Cortez, CO.
    Pitch:

Nice pictures, your wife looks like she is having a great time .

TD

Black and Sticky
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBCanuck View Post
    What's that full suspension rig on the left?
    Eriksen 96er, a real mash up, 29 front/26 back. Ditched the Maverick fork for Fox Float 100 right after this pic was taken. Have also added Stans Crest wheels in place of Bontragers shown in the pic. Been a fun bike to ride the past few years.

Bob
    "Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission." - Neil Kendall

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast