Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    banned

Riding With Our Wives

I love to ride with my wife and today was kind of special since we got to ride a bunch of trails I built in the Bay Area before moving to Sedona. These are some pictures of an area called Water Dog where I either built or helped build about five different trails over fifteen year ago.

Maybe other viewers have pictures of their wives on rides to share with the group.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding With Our Wives-002a.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-003a.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-005a.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-006a.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-009a.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-2012-07-03_15-19-33_498%5B1%5D.jpg  

mtbr member
    Ok, I'll play. I love riding with mrs. rockman. In fact we met on a ride. 15 yr wedding anniversary was last week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding With Our Wives-engineer.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-ho.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-tongue16.jpg  

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Ok, I'll play. I love riding with mrs. rockman. In fact we met on a ride. 15 yr wedding anniversary was last week.
    rock:

Great Pictures. It will be interesting to see how many viewers on the AZ forum even have pictures of their wives riding with them.

TD
    Last edited by traildoc; 07-03-2012 at 06:21 PM.

mtbr member
    So, how does your wife ride a bike if she's blind?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy_E View Post
    So, how does your wife ride a bike if she's blind?
    Easy:

It will be interesting if you get a pass for such a STUPID comment. Let's get back on track and see some pictures of our wives out riding.

mtbr member
    I want to meet a gal on a ride.

meow.

drink coffee, ride.
    TD - as I've said before, Mrs. TD is a pretty awesome guide, and yes it would be great to have your wife ride as well. Unfortunately, Mrs cookiedough is the most awesome wife out there, I've got 20 yrs to prove it while looking forward to another 20. Great idea for a thread.

rock - wow, riding the CT toward Engineer Mtn, now that's quite the ride, was able to hike some of that with the wife and daughters, just not ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    Easy:

It will be interesting if you get a pass for such a STUPID comment. Let's get back on track and see some pictures of our wives out riding.
    Lighten up, Francis. All I was saying was you married way outside your pay grade. Her having a visual impairment must be the reason. I'm just bustin' yer balls, don't go all Waco on me.

banned
    Lighten up, Francis. All I was saying was you married way outside your pay grade. Her having a visual impairment must be the reason. I'm just bustin' yer balls, don't go all Waco on me.
    Eazy:

What makes you think my wife married way out of my pay grade? I retired at 50 and she got to retire at 47. We both have been living the American Dream since July 5th. 2000.

We can go anywhere we want (except the Northern Arizona National Forest) anytime we want. We can ride any day we want anywhere we want.

If you have the same good fortune, I am happy for you. For some unknown reason you think it's OK to try and bust my balls maybe you can share with the MTBR viewers how that is going to be effective for you?

Francis

AZ
    banned
    Humor escapes you.

mtbr member
    My beautiful girl. I do all kinds of riding, sometimes I hammer, sometimes solo, sometimes long distance or short but some of the rides I enjoy the most are with my girl.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Eazy:

What makes you think my wife married way out of my pay grade? I retired at 50 and she got to retire at 47. We both have been living the American Dream since July 5th. 2000.

We can go anywhere we want (except the Northern Arizona National Forest) anytime we want. We can ride any day we want anywhere we want.

If you have the same good fortune, I am happy for you. For some unknown reason you think it's OK to try and bust my balls maybe you can share with the MTBR viewers how that is going to be effective for you?

Francis
    OMG. You're trolling me now, right? This is as simple as I can put it. The next rung down on the algorithm will be an MS Paint.

Okay, your wife is a good looking lady. You are kind of an ugly cuss. Therefore, your wife is out of your pay grade, out of your league.

It started out being a compliment on your missus, and a sly crack on you, no bad feelings or offense meant, just a little ribbing and ball busting. If you want to turn it into something it wasn't meant to be, come at me, bro.

banned
    OMG. You're trolling me now, right? This is as simple as I can put it. The next rung down on the algorithm will be an MS Paint.

Okay, your wife is a good looking lady. You are kind of an ugly cuss. Therefore, your wife is out of your pay grade, out of your league.

It started out being a compliment on your missus, and a sly crack on you, no bad feelings or offense meant, just a little ribbing and ball busting. If you want to turn it into something it wasn't meant to be, come at me, bro.
    Easy:

I don't do personal attacks. It would be Easy to call you something the moderators would say is against the MTBR rules, it accomplishes nothing. Your humor doesn't work for me, so I suggest you stop trying to be funny and do your own well thought out post.

TD

mtbr member
    Does this mean you won't take me to Sodomy Gulch in Sedona?

Purveyor of Trail Tales!
    Aug 2005
    I love to ride with my wife......Maybe other viewers have pictures of their wives on rides to share with the group.
    Hey traildoc,

I'll play. My wife likes DH much more that AM riding so here are a few of her from Northstar, Whistler and St. George, UT.

Northstar:
    Riding With Our Wives-heather-live-wire-tabletop-2-cropped-mtbr.jpg
    Riding With Our Wives-heather-northstar-sticks-stones-cropped-mtbr.jpg

Whistler:
    Heather - Drop In Number 1 - Cropped for Mtbr.jpg

St. George, UT:
    Heather - Gooseberry Mesa Drop.jpg

Mountain Bike Action let you use their cover wrapper to create these so I did one for Heather:
    Riding With Our Wives-heather-smile-2-gooseberry-mesa.jpg

Since you brought up this thread subject I thought you might like to read this one on the same theme:
    Riding with significant others: the good and the bad

Thanks and take care,

Michael
    If you can't keep the rubber side down......at least smile for the camera!

mtbr member
    rock:

Great Pictures. It will be interesting to see how many viewers on the AZ forum even have pictures of their wives riding with them.

TD
    I'm interested to know why you limited this to only wives.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Black and Sticky
    I'll play too. This was Mandee's first ride at Pemberton, about three years ago. I'm so lucky she puts up with my fondness for bicycles, old trucks, and P-cars. Easy_E's comment applies to me, I did marry out of my pay grade.

Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding With Our Wives-mandee-me-mmp.jpg  

"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission." - Neil Kendall

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

... and if we just ... women riders rock

I ride with my wife and daughter and other peoples wives and daughters and have for years. In my experience a great girl rider has to overcome a lot of male ego and stupidity - not to mention lack of real support and encouragement. Therefore if Doc's wife rides, then the chances that she is cool are VERY high. Doc's evident ego and attitude suggest that he is far less cool. Who really gives a crap if you get to not work. You don't need money to be a bum.

What would be even cooler would be her starting a post about riding with her aging and slow husband THAT WOULD BE COOL!

mtbr member
    oops. nvm.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtieterror View Post
    I ride with my wife and daughter and other peoples wives and daughters and have for years. In my experience a great girl rider has to overcome a lot of male ego and stupidity - not to mention lack of real support and encouragement. Therefore if Doc's wife rides, then the chances that she is cool are VERY high. Doc's evident ego and attitude suggest that he is far less cool. Who really gives a crap if you get to not work. You don't need money to be a bum.

What would be even cooler would be her starting a post about riding with her aging and slow husband THAT WOULD BE COOL!
    Bow:

Great post, I just read it to my wife and she is still laughing.. She knows I need help, but putting me in a mental hospital would not get the rental painted or her bike tires freshly charged with my home brew.

I think in my case the good barely out weighs the bad, but I could be wrong.

TD

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sockpuppet12 View Post
    I gots 3 shiny nickels that say if youre wife signed you over to the state, every bike shop in town would maintain her bike free of charge. maybe the tentants would even paint the house for you while youre gone......
    Great post, she is laughing again, thanks-TD

rock crusher
    Aug 2008
    My better half, riding up high on the Colorado Tr, then in the desert near Cortez, CO.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding With Our Wives-colorado-trail.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-sand-canyon-cortez.jpg  

Vitamin Bike Added
    Quote Originally Posted by Bituman View Post
    I'll play too. This was Mandee's first ride at Pemberton, about three years ago. I'm so lucky she puts up with my fondness for bicycles, old trucks, and P-cars. Easy_E's comment applies to me, I did marry out of my pay grade.

Bob
    What's that full suspension rig on the left?
    Keep the rubber side down

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch View Post
    My better half, riding up high on the Colorado Tr, then in the desert near Cortez, CO.
    Pitch:

Nice pictures, your wife looks like she is having a great time .

TD

Black and Sticky
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBCanuck View Post
    What's that full suspension rig on the left?
    Eriksen 96er, a real mash up, 29 front/26 back. Ditched the Maverick fork for Fox Float 100 right after this pic was taken. Have also added Stans Crest wheels in place of Bontragers shown in the pic. Been a fun bike to ride the past few years.

Bob
    "Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission." - Neil Kendall

mtbr member
    Here's a couple of my wife...who initially said she would never do this "stupid" sport/recreation because it was a bunch of beer drink'n bike ride'n men. Well now she's out there pushing me around like a friggin drill sergeant and I'm loving every second of it!!

Name:  Kim MTB.jpg
Views: 1349
Size:  7.9 KB

After busting my arse...
    Name:  Kim MTB 2.jpg
Views: 1316
Size:  6.1 KB
    Jim

Drinking rum before 10am makes you a pirate...not an alcoholic...

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcyrus16 View Post
    Here's a couple of my wife...who initially said she would never do this "stupid" sport/recreation because it was a bunch of beer drink'n bike ride'n men. Well now she's out there pushing me around like a friggin drill sergeant and I'm loving every second of it!!

Name:  Kim MTB.jpg
Views: 1349
Size:  7.9 KB

After busting my arse...
    Name:  Kim MTB 2.jpg
Views: 1316
Size:  6.1 KB
    cy:

Thanks for sharing your post. It's nice that your wife took to the sport, and is having a great time.

mtbr member
    Man you guys are lucky! My wife is spa wench when we hit up Sedona, Park City or Durango. The most she'll ride is to the mailbox and back. I'm embarassed to admit the mailbox is 50 yards away from our house and i'm sure the price tag is still dangling off the Myka.
    2011 Hardrock "Blubi Jones"

Pivot TBD

banned
    Got to go on a fun ride in the Sierra's today on the Hole in the Ground trail. Conditions were a little dusty, but the weather was a perfect 83 degrees and my wife said she loved the ride, so it was definitely a good day. Yesterday we spent the day cruising Lake Tahoe in a vintage Sea Ray, so that was also pretty nice.

Hope to go on a fun ride tomorrow near Alpine Meadows with my buddy Bob and a few of his friends. Will be heading to Downieville and Gray Eagle later in the week to check out the new Mills Peak Trail and all the classic Downieville shuttle runs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding With Our Wives-hole-ground.jpg  

pedaller

Here's a couple...

We like doing non-biking things together too...

Best of times for sure...

"Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

mtbr member
    bump

Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Dec 2009
    Traildoc,

Awesome thread MAN! My wife and i started mountain biking together 3 years ago. Made countless memories together that will last a lifetime. When we got married, we chose Sedona for our honeymoon. It was unforgettable.

My wife is an amazing athlete that kicks my butt at any given moment. She actually did her first XC race about a month ago under Cat 2 and won 1st place in her age group by 15 minutes.

Here is my wife.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott forty G. View Post
    Traildoc,

Awesome thread MAN! My wife and i started mountain biking together 3 years ago. Made countless memories together that will last a lifetime. When we got married, we chose Sedona for our honeymoon. It was unforgettable.

My wife is an amazing athlete that kicks my butt at any given moment. She actually did her first XC race about a month ago under Cat 2 and won 1st place in her age group by 15 minutes.

Here is my wife.

Scotty:

Great post, she definitely is a great rider and looks like she could kick my butt to. How do you do that video thing on MTBR?

TD

bland
    My wife is more rad than you. (and me)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding With Our Wives-highline.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-whistler.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-subrock.jpg  

Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Dec 2009
    Thanks TrailDoc! I basically took a series of pictures and turned them into GIF images. THere are various programs online that free to do that.

Scotty:

Great post, she definitely is a great rider and looks like she could kick my butt to. How do you do that video thing on MTBR?

TD

I am Walt
    I'll play...wives to-be OK, too?

Love you, babe!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding With Our Wives-dde-pp3.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-de-pp1.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-de-nixon.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-drainbow.jpg  

Last edited by waltaz; 07-26-2012 at 10:08 AM.
    Ride more; post less...

aka Diesel
    Quote Originally Posted by waltaz View Post
    I'll play...wives to-be OK, too?

Love you, babe!
    And I, you!
    Nov 13th :-)
    5%er!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding With Our Wives-403217_10150572545673773_2147034960_n.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-417585_10150547534683773_1153845519_n.jpg  

Dave

My wife loves to ride also...

We ride together almost 90% of the time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding With Our Wives-patti-bike1.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-patti-bike2.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-patti-bike-3.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-patti-bike-4.jpg  

I need to ride more and work less.

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    I ride with my wife all the time! Traildoc inspired us to retire a few years ago and somehow we're both not bored

Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

banned
    Wow, those recent posts are just what riding with your wife and wife's to be is all about. Since I have been banned from the AZ Northern National Forest I have my wife to help me through this very difficult period. Life is good on the road with my understanding and loving wife.

We rode Mr. Toads yesterday and the Flume today. Tomorrow we are off to Downieville where we hope to spend at least a week to check out the Downieville Classic.

What a country!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding With Our Wives-flume.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-007a.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-008a.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-010a.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-flume-3.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    My wife and I have been cycling together since we were 12, as roadies. Two years ago she bought us trail bikes, living near Sedona it only made sense. Now she wants to ride downhill bikes, add two more bikes to the stable. I really have nothing to complain about, except maybe I have too many bike choices.

Adam

Purveyor of Trail Tales!
    Aug 2005
    .....Since I have been banned from the AZ Northern National Forest I have my wife to help me through this very difficult period....
    Hi Mr. traildoc,

You've made reference to this fact in several recent posts that I've read. Would you please share the details. I don't believe I've ever heard of anyone being banned from a forest before now.

Thanks, in advance, for the education,

Michael
    If you can't keep the rubber side down......at least smile for the camera!

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelsnead View Post
    Hi Mr. traildoc,

You've made reference to this fact in several recent posts that I've read. Would you please share the details. I don't believe I've ever heard of anyone being banned from a forest before now.

Thanks, in advance, for the education,

Michael
    This is what happened:

Second man banned from the forest

Saturday, 16 June 2012 00:00

US_Forest_Service
    A second man was sentenced for an illegal trail enhancement in the Red Rock Ranger District of the Coconino National Forest.

John Finch, 63, of Sedona, was convicted in federal court June 5 for constructing a one foot by four foot trail enhancement on the Teacup Trail without written approval for the exact spot he did the improvement on. Finch has done other previous approved trail enhancements on the Tea Cup Trail and he thought the small project he completed would be appreciated by the Forest Service who is doing numerous trail enhancements on the Jordan/Tea Cup alignment.

As part of his sentence, he will not be allowed to enter the Northern Arizona National Forest for a six-month period. He was also sentenced to one year of un-supervised probation and he paid $1,000 in restitution before he received his sentence from the judge. He asked that the $1,000 in restitution would go directly to the Red Rock Ranger District and he was told that would happen.

Finch did not admit to trail construction and maintenance near the area of Scheurman Mountain, even though a press release from the U.S. Forest Service said he did. He did admit to working on four trail enhancements on the Munds Wagon trail during an official volunteer work event sponsored by the Fat Tire Bike Shop. He also admitted to building the Aerie Trail and doing the reconstruction of the Templeton trail across from Crescent Moon Park.

Finch does not condone illegal trail building and he recently reported a newly spotted illegal trail to the Forest Service that intersects the Carroll Canyon trail. He also reported a new illegal trail enhancement done on the Highline trail.

Hopefully the only new trails in Sedona will be constructed by Jennifer Burns and the number one volunteer FS trail builder Plumber Phil. Over the last three years Phil has taught Jennifer how to be a pretty good trail builder and together they have developed the new Sedona trail building technique which has been used recently in the construction of the new Adobe Jack, Javelina, Hermit, Coconino, Basalt, Kaibab and Coyote trails.

Hopefully, Phil and Jennifer will be able to bring the skilled trail building community together to help work on the ongoing maintenance of the approved Forest Service trails, the adoption of current user built trails and the construction of new well thought out trails. All things are possible, let's hope that is true for what Jennifer and Phil have planned. Finch totally supports their efforts and wishes them the best. He wishes he could still be working with them as he had the previous three years.

Traildoc

Master Gardener
    My wife is my favorite riding partner (sorry fellas).

She's fast enough that she won the State Championship a few years back even though she stops every five minutes to take photos of flowers and clouds and sh*t.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding With Our Wives-268271_4378857432419_1514645196_n.jpg  

Meatbomb
    This is what happened:

Second man banned from the forest

Saturday, 16 June 2012 00:00

US_Forest_Service
    A second man was sentenced for an illegal trail enhancement in the Red Rock Ranger District of the Coconino National Forest.

John Finch, 63, of Sedona, was convicted in federal court June 5 for constructing a one foot by four foot trail enhancement on the Teacup Trail without written approval for the exact spot he did the improvement on. Finch has done other previous approved trail enhancements on the Tea Cup Trail and he thought the small project he completed would be appreciated by the Forest Service who is doing numerous trail enhancements on the Jordan/Tea Cup alignment.

As part of his sentence, he will not be allowed to enter the Northern Arizona National Forest for a six-month period. He was also sentenced to one year of un-supervised probation and he paid $1,000 in restitution before he received his sentence from the judge. He asked that the $1,000 in restitution would go directly to the Red Rock Ranger District and he was told that would happen.

Finch did not admit to trail construction and maintenance near the area of Scheurman Mountain, even though a press release from the U.S. Forest Service said he did. He did admit to working on four trail enhancements on the Munds Wagon trail during an official volunteer work event sponsored by the Fat Tire Bike Shop. He also admitted to building the Aerie Trail and doing the reconstruction of the Templeton trail across from Crescent Moon Park.

Finch does not condone illegal trail building and he recently reported a newly spotted illegal trail to the Forest Service that intersects the Carroll Canyon trail. He also reported a new illegal trail enhancement done on the Highline trail.

Hopefully the only new trails in Sedona will be constructed by Jennifer Burns and the number one volunteer FS trail builder Plumber Phil. Over the last three years Phil has taught Jennifer how to be a pretty good trail builder and together they have developed the new Sedona trail building technique which has been used recently in the construction of the new Adobe Jack, Javelina, Hermit, Coconino, Basalt, Kaibab and Coyote trails.

Hopefully, Phil and Jennifer will be able to bring the skilled trail building community together to help work on the ongoing maintenance of the approved Forest Service trails, the adoption of current user built trails and the construction of new well thought out trails. All things are possible, let's hope that is true for what Jennifer and Phil have planned. Finch totally supports their efforts and wishes them the best. He wishes he could still be working with them as he had the previous three years.

Traildoc

You make that look and sound like a quoted story written somewhere.... link to it please.

Trail building prompts $1,000 fine in Sedona

mtbr member
    My question is, how do you actually get caught doing this?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    You make that look and sound like a quoted story written somewhere.... link to it please.

Trail building prompts $1,000 fine in Sedona
    Pillbo:

The report I gave of my trial was what actually happened. I am not 62 I am 63.5. I had already paid the donation to the Red Rock Ranger District before my sentence. And I was never convicted for trail building, I was convicted of a trail enhancement on the Tea Cup trail that I did not get a permit for. I believe the enhancement still remains because it was done so well. Spin it anyway you want, but those are the facts.

TD

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by m77ranger View Post
    My wife is more rad than you. (and me)
    77:

I believe this is the first post I have ever agreed with you on. Do I owe IMBA any money? Did you give them any money last year? If you did I will match it and send them the same amount .

Meatbomb
    Pillbo:

The report I gave of my trial was what actually happened.

TD

You need to get over yourself in the 3rd person ....

banned
    My first date with my wife was a mountain bike ride in Auburn, California. I intended on taking her on an easy ride but the trailhead was full of horse trailers, so we ended up on an expert trail. She never dabbed once. Two weeks later we did a group ride with friends in Moab, where she outrode most of the men. A couple weeks later she won the first race she entered, followed by many more podium finishes.

I watched my wife and three friends win the 24 Hours of Old Pueblo, I sagged for her attempt to ride the Great Divie from Canada to Mexico, and I hauled her and Andrea's bikes from the north to south rim of the Grand Canyon when they made the first ride on the Arizona Trail. We've ridden all over North America together. I only wish she wasn't such a good volleyball and tennis player, so we could do even more riding together. Thanks for the memories, my love.

banned
    TPS:

As usual great post.

Quote Originally Posted by The Prodigal Son View Post
    My first date with my wife was a mountain bike ride in Auburn, California. I intended on taking her on an easy ride but the trailhead was full of horse trailers, so we ended up on an expert trail. She never dabbed once. Two weeks later we did a group ride with friends in Moab, where she outrode most of the men. A couple weeks later she won the first race she entered, followed by many more podium finishes.

I watched my wife and three friends win the 24 Hours of Old Pueblo, I sagged for her attempt to ride the Great Divie from Canada to Mexico, and I hauled her and Andrea's bikes from the north to south rim of the Grand Canyon when they made the first ride on the Arizona Trail. We've ridden all over North America together. I only wish she wasn't such a good volleyball and tennis player, so we could do even more riding together. Thanks for the memories, my love.

banned
    You need to get over yourself in the 3rd person ....
    Phillbo:

Who's calling the kettle black? You are another one that I will match what you paid to IMBA last year. Since you don't seem to be a trail builder certainly you donate to them. Please show me your cancelled check or credit card statement as proof.

TD

Meatbomb
    I've never claimed to be any of that .. nor do I have a god complex about myself. I could care less about trail building .. there are plenty for me to explore right now.

mtbr member
    I'm still waiting to hear how you actually got caught "going rogue" and improving the trails.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    ^^^ haha,, no thread is exempt...

shana doesn't ride,, she had a bad car encounter at 14 resulting in a coma, so i'm not going to push it.

mtbr member
    I mean, there's scores of people who do extremely dodgy stuff in the forests with complete impunity and they never get caught. Dumping dead bodies, creating dead bodies, refining Sudafed, marijuana forests, running guns, running drugs, prostitution, and any other illicit act out there. And yet this guy got busted moving a branch off a trail. How?

banned
    I mean, there's scores of people who do extremely dodgy stuff in the forests with complete impunity and they never get caught. Dumping dead bodies, creating dead bodies, refining Sudafed, marijuana forests, running guns, running drugs, prostitution, and any other illicit act out there. And yet this guy got busted moving a branch off a trail. How?
    Here's an idea, start a thread and ask that very question. Then you won't be defined as a thread jacker. Or, you could just pay better attention. Trail Doc has discussed the episode in detail. If you have no interest in that, and are here only because Trail Doc bothers you and you have decided to follow him from thread to thread and act out in a particularly annoying manner, congratulations, you have succeeded. Now, try taking the high ground and not responding to my post with yet another off-topic waste of time. Allow folks to share stories about riding with their wives. Can you do that? Pretty please.

mtbr member
    Here's an idea, start a thread and ask that very question. Then you won't be defined as a thread jacker.
    Oh, the irony....

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
    I've never claimed to be any of that .. nor do I have a god complex about myself. I could care less about trail building .. there are plenty for me to explore right now.
    And there you have it. Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals at the dingleberry olympics.

Perhaps you can't post anything meaningful on this thread because none of you have wives. Nobody here would be shocked to hear that. And maybe, since you've already gotten in your one ride of the week, along some paved bike path, you've got plenty of free time to kill. But what's the upside? Each of you has gone after Trail Doc countless times, and he comes out the winner each and every time. Think about it for a minute. He's won. Why? He's out riding his bike almost every sinlge day. He's built close to 100 trails across several states, that people from all over the country have come to enjoy. He doesn't have to work. And let me repeat this one more time; he's out riding his bike almost every day, on the best trails in the western U.S. He's living the dream of every mountain biker. Stalking him won't effect him or his lifestyle. Think about that next time you skip your ride so you can waste a couple hours posting more nonsense.

mtbr member
    And there you have it. Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals at the dingleberry olympics.

Perhaps you can't post anything meaningful on this thread because none of you have wives. Nobody here would be shocked to hear that. And maybe, since you've already gotten in your one ride of the week, along some paved bike path, you've got plenty of free time to kill. But what's the upside? Each of you has gone after Trail Doc countless times, and he comes out the winner each and every time. Think about it for a minute. He's won. Why? He's out riding his bike almost every sinlge day. He's built close to 100 trails across several states, that people from all over the country have come to enjoy. He doesn't have to work. And let me repeat this one more time; he's out riding his bike almost every day, on the best trails in the western U.S. He's living the dream of every mountain biker. Stalking him won't effect him or his lifestyle. Think about that next time you skip your ride so you can waste a couple hours posting more nonsense.
    LOL, case in point. He comments on somebody derailing a thread by taking it further and further off the tracks. Hence the irony.

Please tell me why it's a surprise that I'm not married. I'm curious what you base that comment on. How you answer that will depend on how much money I choose to donate to Lumberyard Brewery to support your economy.

P.S. I ride 5-6 days a week *and* don't have the luxury of not having to work. Funny how that happens, eh?
    Last edited by Casual Observer; 08-01-2012 at 04:11 PM.

mtbr member
    Click on my video link in my sig. At ~30 frames per second, and about half of each video being a cam pointed at her, that's like over 150,000 pictures of my wife riding.

Go big or go home.
    -- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

The trail...shall set you free.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    There.....now all the jackasses here are on the same page!

Meatbomb
    Thanks for making us complete

mtbr member
    Okay, so how am I less of a man because I'm not married?

Shovel Ready
    Okay, so how am I less of a man because I'm not married?
    TD is either a psychic or the chick-fil-a of MTBR, he just knows!
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

No Clue Crew
    You guys need to StFU and post more pictures of broads!

Master Gardener
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike View Post
    Fokken A right.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike View Post
    Drunkcyclist.com - Two Wheels. One Dark Lord. is where we go for pictures of broads on bikes. MTBR is where we go to see who's dick is bigger.

(And if my SO knew I posted a picture of her riding a bike, I'd be sleeping on the couch for a week.)

skilldest©
    (And if my SO knew I posted a picture of her riding a bike, I'd be sleeping on the couch for a week.)
    This thread is wrong in so many ways.......CANNONBALL...

CO: Do you have any of her doing the dishes? If not I can send you some...

Just another half mile...
    Back on topic. Here are a few of my favorite riding and adventure partner.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding With Our Wives-p1000946.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-bh-pc-064.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-bh-pc-142.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-bh-pc-176.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-2011-11-26_14-08-02_314.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-moab-5-12-081.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-moab-5-12-118.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-p1000819.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-p1000969.jpg  

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicrider View Post
    Back on topic. Here are a few of my favorite riding and adventure partner.
    Er:

Great pictures. Thx for getting us back on topic

Paste eater
    Always room for more women in Mountain biking.

Mountain Biking Poison Spider Mesa

mtbr member
    The girlfriend. Riding on a Granite Basin Lake trail

banned
    Big Boulder, Third Divide and First Divide at Downieville, CA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding With Our Wives-001a.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-009a.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    My first time riding DH with my wife. Here she is in Flagstaff.

Kathleen in AZ
    If I had a wife, she'd be a DHer. no doubt. And we'd probably be in Whistler right now.

banned
    Riding with Byron in the Shasta area, Janet on top of Mt. Ashland doing a shuttle run, Riding Time Warp and Catwalk. On our way to Oak Ridge tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding With Our Wives-002a.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-004a.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-013a.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-016a.jpg  

banned
    We rode Oakridge yesterday and did a shuttle to ride the Alpine Trail. Due to a fire in the area we had to take several detours which added ten miles to the ride. Oakridge is definitely a cross country mecca. We are in Bend now and will be trying out their elaborate trail system tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding With Our Wives-004a.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-011a.jpg  

banned
    Well Janet and I headed to Bend for a riding with wives bike meet. We have been looking forward to riding with other riders who love to ride with their wives rather than taking biking trips without their wives. We met up with Kim and Craig from Australia and Jim and Ronda from Washington. We had previously ridden with Kim and Craig in Sedona.

Bend is a great place for couples to ride and I would definitely even recommend it to non--married couples .

Aussie Battler
    Sep 2005
    Traildoc riding with his wife today. That guys is livin' the life.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fatnold View Post
    Traildoc riding with his wife today. That guys is livin' the life.
    fat:

It was great doing that shuttle ride with your wife and our new friend Gary. I am curious what the final stats were. There are a lot of riders from AZ that would probably love to do that ride. Here is the picture of the elk I saw on the ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding With Our Wives-elk-calving.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-tent.jpg  

Last edited by traildoc; 08-17-2012 at 05:59 PM.

mtbr member
    Nice pics, I got my wife in to riding and she's getting much better. She is still a bit afraid of the technical stuff but the new full suspension and tubeless tires should help.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by metalaficionado View Post
    Nice pics, I got my wife in to riding and she's getting much better. She is still a bit afraid of the technical stuff but the new full suspension and tubeless tires should help.
    We're looking forward to pictures

banned
    My wife and I have done two rides in Boise so far and our friend Mitch is showing us all his favorite trails.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding With Our Wives-boise.jpg  

mtbr member
    I'd hit that!

skilldest©
    I'd hit that!

banned
    McCall, Idaho riding the Loon Lake trail then the 20 Mile Trail with my buddy Mitch and his wife Victoria. Weather was perfect!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding With Our Wives-004a.jpg  

Last edited by traildoc; 08-26-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Aussie Battler
    Sep 2005
    So how are the trails in Boise??

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fatnold View Post
    So how are the trails in Boise??
    If you hook-up with a local there is plenty of fun riding. The trails were very dry and with some rain conditions would improve substantially.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    TD;Some of my nicest rides in Sedona have been with YOUR wife; while you charge ahead with the fast group----leaving her sweetness for me! Thanks old man!
    You're a lucky man indeed. But you are a compatible couple, with biking as one sharing aspect. Ride on! TS

Clyde on a mission!
    Dec 2011
    My wife usually gets pretty steamed when I bring any of my girlfriends..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrenseren View Post
    My wife usually gets pretty steamed when I bring any of my girlfriends..
    A way to get around that is have your wife bring her girlfriends.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Here are a few of my awesome soon-to-be-wife. She's a great rider and has continued to improve lately, always impressing me with the technical stuff she will attempt. I can't wait to get her on a full suspension bike soon.

On a riding & camping trip we did this month at SART:

In the Lagunas:

In Gooseberry earlier this year, shortly after I proposed.

banned
    My wife and I have been touring Idaho for the last week or so and rockman has been giving us some great tips on where to ride. This is a picture taken yesterday of a ride up to Miner Lake near Ketchum. If you like a grueling uphill and a coll technical downhill this is a great ride. We rode up to Prairie Lake first then headed over to Miner for the fun downhill.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding With Our Wives-minor-lake.jpg  

Last edited by traildoc; 08-31-2012 at 12:43 PM.

mtbr member
    My wife and I have been touring Idaho for the last week or so and rockman has been giving us some great tips on where to ride. This is a picture taken yesterday of a ride up to Miner Lake near Ketchum. If you like a grueling uphill and a coll technical downhill this is a great ride. We rode up to Prairie Lake first then headed over to Miner for the fun downhill.
    Nice. That's a great ride and chunk-filled descent. You would like the loop around Redfish Lake if the smoke clears out.

There's also a new flow trail off of Eve's. Go to the back of Adam's Gulch on Shadyside and climb Eve's. Ignore the turn about halfway up and take a fainter trail to the left toward's the top. That will drop you into the DH without doing another climb.

banned
    My wife and I got a chance to ride in Jackson Hole and some locals recommended the Phillips Ridge trail which is located up the Teton Pass Hwy. It was definitely a must do ride and it's a piece of cake to hitch hike back up the 2,000' climb to retrieve your car if you are a wimp like me.

The Phillip's Ridge drop is about 3,000' and you ride a nice road back to the bottom of the Teton Pass Hwy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding With Our Wives-007a.jpg  

Riding With Our Wives-pr.jpg  

mtbr member
    Enjoyed some Campbell Mesa with mine this past weekend.

banned
    This is a picture I took of my wife at the top of the Black Canyon trail on our last day in Jackson Hole. The trailhead starts off of the summit of the Teton Pass Highway where you climb a singletrack about 1,000' to hit the highpoint of the climb where the picture was taken.

The descent back to Wilson is about 3,000' on a twisty singletrack though a lot of very lush vegetation.

Do to a lot of poor trail routing this trail is becoming somewhat eroded and will need a lot of re-routing in the future.

mtbr member
    This is a picture I took of my wife at the top of the Black Canyon trail on our last day in Jackson Hole. The trailhead starts off of the summit of the Teton Pass Highway where you climb a singletrack about 1,000' to hit the highpoint of the climb where the picture was taken.

The descent back to Wilson is about 3,000' on a twisty singletrack though a lot of very lush vegetation.

Do to a lot of poor trail routing this trail is becoming somewhat eroded and will need a lot of re-routing in the future.
    My memory of that trail was fast and furious with a few sharp switchbacks. It's not really any different than most mountain trails in the west that are more than 10 or 15 years old?

Where to next now that you've had your way with Jackson?

banned
    My memory of that trail was fast and furious with a few sharp switchbacks. It's not really any different than most mountain trails in the west that are more than 10 or 15 years old?

Where to next now that you've had your way with Jackson?
    Laramie to visit Janet's nephew. He is a professor there and runs a lab that is designing a drug to cure my mental issues. Is there any riding there?

I agree about your trail analysis. It just bugs me that the upper section could have been easily routed to better to insure longterm sustainability.
    Last edited by traildoc; 09-05-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0