Newbie...yeah that's it

Riding in the dark

Well I did it, my first time riding in the dark. I thought I would hit an easy trail before work with my new Nite Rider Evolution. I LOVED it! What a blast, riding in the dark TOTALLY changes everything. I picked and rode lines that I wouldn't have in the day, it was great. I got there a little later than planned so I didn't get a long ride in.

I also upgraded my fork from a generic Spinner Grind OS2, to a Rock Shox Tora 318 U-Turn. OMG! I cannot believe the difference in the ride, it was so smoooooooth and buttery! Areas where the old fork would bounce over the new RS would just absorb and roll right over, it was great. Wow what a great day to ride!

Ridin' Dirty
    glad you liked ridin' in the dark.

It's pretty fun and little different.
    Makes you concentrate/pay attention a little more.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets have some Kool-aid!
    I'm currently researching some lights and will hopefully make a purchase soon so it shouldn't be long I'll also be a night rider.

"Yabut"
    Another convert to "The Darkside".
    ~Aaron~
    "I like the night life. I like to boogie."

www.CosmicRaces.com

Large wheels & one gear
    Did you ride out in CG or elsewhere? I am going to be doing some night riding in CG probably in the next couple months when the heat starts to come in. Just wondering if there is much traffic there at nights......probably not.

Glad you liked night riding. I had the same excitement the first time I rode in the dark. It really is quite different.
    I Never Apologize............I'm Sorry, That's Just The Way I Am.

[SIZE=1]ChemBright Carpet & Upholstery LLC[/SIZE]

Newbie...yeah that's it
    Quote Originally Posted by Konapdlr
    Did you ride out in CG or elsewhere? I am going to be doing some night riding in CG probably in the next couple months when the heat starts to come in. Just wondering if there is much traffic there at nights......probably not.

Glad you liked night riding. I had the same excitement the first time I rode in the dark. It really is quite different.
    Ohh I forgot, I rode Desert Classic this morning. Nah, haven't rode CG yet in the dark. I will but not sure when, I want to get some more experience riding in the dark first and since DCis quite easy to follow I'll do that a couple more times first. I think if I do ride CG I'll only do the North side and not go over the saddle.

President Skroob
    Jan 2006
    Ok what is CG??

I hit the Classic about 2-3 times a week after work. My commute is long so I don't usually get to the trailhead until 6:45pm at the earliest. I do a quick tank and back run unless I get greedy then do a ride up to the top of that rocky climb. I get in anywhere from 6-10 miles depending if I make it before the ranger closes the gate.

I usually do the top of the rocky climb and back in about an hour during the day but add 20 minutes to that at night. I am much more cautious and I ride my 29er which is 5 lbs heavier than my weekend ride.

Newbie...yeah that's it
    GueroAZ, CG= Casa Grande = Where I live.

There's a very nice single track trail on Casa Grande Mountain. That's what Kona was refering too.

Lets have some Kool-aid!
    I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I live about a 1/2 mile by the east access point of the Desert Classic near the ramada. I usually ride on my lunch hour about 3 times a week. Usually a 2-hour ride. Thats the nice thing about working for yourself at home.
    Last edited by kcreative; 02-23-2007 at 10:22 AM.

Lets have some Kool-aid!
    I meant the East access point

Ridin' Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSunGod
    Ohh I forgot, I rode Desert Classic this morning. Nah, haven't rode CG yet in the dark. I will but not sure when, I want to get some more experience riding in the dark first and since DCis quite easy to follow I'll do that a couple more times first. I think if I do ride CG I'll only do the North side and not go over the saddle.
    What time did you go?

A few weeks back I started riding Tuesday's and Thursday's before work 'bout 6am.

KC: must be nice to ride on your lunch-time. I'm jealous
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets have some Kool-aid!
    I usually go between 11-12:30, 2-3 times a week. Trying to take advantage of the cooler weather before the heat hits and then will have to ride early mornings.

I'm still doing research on night lights and hopefully will get one once I get my 20% off coupon from REI. Will be getting a handle bar and helmet light.

I think the Desert Classic would be great night riding once it gets hotter. I know the trails very well.

I'm heading up to the Granite Mtn area (north Scottsdale) riding this weekend

Kurt