mtbr member

Riding Again : Dirt Road Loop, Mayer -- Mt Union. 10/5/2013

Hey All:

Riding this again Saturday 10/5, this time Ill be riding to the top of Mt Union. This will be extra climbing.

I would love to have company join me on this ride.

meet saturday 10/5 645 leave 7AM (sharp) Mayer dollar store parking lot.

I will be doing a loop in the Mayer Arizona area. The map of what it is is included.

But the roads will be Mayer Circle K -- Pine Flats Road -- Senator Hwy -- Mt Union Road (FR 261 ?) -- climb to top of Mt Union -- Poland Road -- back to 69 -- down to circle K.

37.8 miles with about 4600 feet of climbing.

Ill try to get a profile of this ride, I think I can actually get it. But what it does is there is a climb from Mayer up to Senator Hwy and then it goes down about 600 feet on Senator and about 1000 feet climb up to the Mt union Area. From the Mt Union Area back to Mayer is ALL downhill. its literally a long slow 4000 feet descent.

There are about 4 miles on Hwy 69, but there is a very big shoulder and its all downhill.

Expect.

1) very little traffic on the dirt roads.
    2) no HAB.
    3) VERY wide trails
    4) Cool delicious mountain pine air.
    5) Maybe some wildlife.
    6) a damn good workout.

-Brian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding Again : Dirt Road Loop, Mayer -- Mt Union. 10/5/2013-mayer_pinflats_senator_union_poland_69.jpg  

Below Par on the Gnar

mtbr member
    weather should be perfect ... looks like I'll be in spiritual mode tomorrow out there by myself...
    Below Par on the Gnar

mtbr member
    Dang, I didn't see this until 10AM. David and I are going to ride the Antelope portion of the BCT tomorrow, Bloody Basin to Bumble Bee if you and anyone else wants to head north again.
    "Bicycling...is the nearest approximation I know to the flight of birds." Louis Halle

mtbr member
    Thanks for the offer Gila... Ill be resting tomorrow, maybe a small evening ride...

The ride went very well, I did the complete route and I did add the final push up to Mt Union. This increased the ride by 2 miles and 400 feet of climbing.. 4600 feet of climbing total and I felt very strong...

Next will be to eclipse 5000.

Funny, I measure my rides more about the climbing than the distance... I find my legs can handle long flat miles.. but they can get pretty darn tired pushing up the hills...
    Below Par on the Gnar