I love bike!

Ride Sunday Morn?

Anyone up for an early ride (5-6am) on Sun morn? Maybe SoMo (Nat'l) or Hawes or something on the east side. Didn't get to ride last weekend b/c I was sick so I'm itching to get out. Let me know if interested and suggestions welcome. Maybe even this K-trail I've been hearing about if anyone knows the route.

Dave

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    i want to do hawes again tomorrow morning,, i did it solo this morning for my first time this morning, but i want to explore the east... i can start anytime as i live in red mountain ranch, i pretty much coast from my driveway to the TRW trail entrance.

i was surprised my bike handled pretty well running 4 year old 1.95 tires with tubes...

"found anything?...."
    "man,, we aint found ****"

I love bike!
    Hey Mike. I'll be parking at the Walgreens lot. If you want to ride TRW over to Power I can meet you at the Hawes entrance near the small dirt lot. I will be there b/w 0545-0600. I'll be on an orange Turner.

If anyone else wants to join I should be at the WG lot at 0530 and shove off shortly after or just meet Mike and I at the Hawes TH off of Power at the time indicated above. Post up so I know to look for you.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Do you guys mind riding with a newbie? I was out there last week for a few hours.
    I will do my best to keep up.
    Not sure I will make it by 530 but was hoping by 6.
    If I see you out there, I will say hi.

I love bike!
    Newbs welcome Al...hope to see you out there. I'm hittin the hay now so I can get up.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Awesome.
    I usually park by the TH. Hope to see you there.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    i didnt see either of you so i just continued on my own again. i drew my first blood sliding out on an uphill turn on ridge trail.

How much further ???
    We need to plan a K-trail ride sooner than later for all of those who have never riden it. I have been out there several times and would have no problem showing anyone/everyone around. Lets set this up soon.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike View Post
    i didnt see either of you so i just continued on my own again. i drew my first blood sliding out on an uphill turn on ridge trail.
    I met up with D at the trailhead a little before 6. Waited about 15 minutes and then headed down the trail.

D, nice to meet you and thanks for the tour. Hope I didn't hold you up too much.
    Nice riding.

I love bike!
    Quote Originally Posted by Douger-1 View Post
    We need to plan a K-trail ride sooner than later for all of those who have never riden it. I have been out there several times and would have no problem showing anyone/everyone around. Lets set this up soon.
    Let's do it...post up next time you're gonna head out there.

I love bike!
    Waited for you at the Power entrance across from the dirt lot. Got there about 0555 so don't know how we missed you.

I love bike!
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Al View Post
    I met up with D at the trailhead a little before 6. Waited about 15 minutes and then headed down the trail.

D, nice to meet you and thanks for the tour. Hope I didn't hold you up too much.
    Nice riding.
    Glad you made it out to join me and hope you had fun. Always enjoy a little company. You didn't hold me up at all in fact I was pretty impressed at your skills for only ridden off-road a handful of times. Hope to see you on the trails again soon.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    i probably went in a few mins before you then,, you said u were parking at walgreens, so i exited trw and started heading down on power expecting you see u riding up the road to the trailhead.

i landed hard on my left forearm arm and my hand hurts like a mf. its not really swollen so i dont think i broke anything, but probably bashed a tendon pretty good.

I love bike!
    i probably went in a few mins before you then,, you said u were parking at walgreens, so i exited trw and started heading down on power expecting you see u riding up the road to the trailhead.

i landed hard on my left forearm arm and my hand hurts like a mf. its not really swollen so i dont think i broke anything, but probably bashed a tendon pretty good.
    There's actually singletrack that I took that parallels Power on the east side. I rode that all the way to the canal crossing so maybe I just missed you somehow. I try to avoid roads as much as possible if I can. Bummer about your arm. Ice and ibuprofen should be your friend for the next few days.

How much further ???
    That trail heading north is fun. Its pretty quick and I like the large rock roller at the end next to the canal.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

How much further ???
    Quote Originally Posted by dsittman View Post
    Let's do it...post up next time you're gonna head out there.
    What does your schedule look like? I have occationaly gotten up at 5am for a ride before work during the week. If this doesnt work how about we just pick a morning this weekend? Saturday or Sunday its your call. I thinking we meet at 5:30am give or take at the Walgreens at Kings Ranch Road and 60. People can follow me down to the parking area once everyone shows up.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    if i do any weekday rides its going to have to be hawes at crack of dawn or earlier.
    otherwise i need to start packing orders as soon as i wake up and slug my coffee... this week i have restocks coming monday and new releases coming another day from the factory, so its going to be busy as hell...

i just ordered some IRC Trailbears to give me better grip out there, i just hope they fit on my rims

I love bike!
    Quote Originally Posted by Douger-1 View Post
    What does your schedule look like? I have occationaly gotten up at 5am for a ride before work during the week. If this doesnt work how about we just pick a morning this weekend? Saturday or Sunday its your call. I thinking we meet at 5:30am give or take at the Walgreens at Kings Ranch Road and 60. People can follow me down to the parking area once everyone shows up.
    Weekday rides are out of the question for me unfortunately. Work schedule and 3 month old baby just don't work to well with weekdays. I'd have to hook up with you on the weekend. I'm all for crack-o-dawn as I can't function with the temps over 100*.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    im saying weekends ARE better for me,, if i do a weekday i have to start even earlier.
    my hand swelling seems to be going down and it doesnt hurt as much,,, i popped a few of shana's midol...
    last night it hurt just to hold the packing-tape gun. ill be good by this weekend for sure.

might go flying saturday morning,, and might even take off for the San Diego comic-con this weekend. our distributor has extra vendor badges he can get us (regular fan badges sold out within an hour when they went on sale in early february).

How much further ???
    Lets set it up for Sunday. Ill post a new thread.