mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Mod please delete this thread

Hi,

I left my Garmin EDGE 705 on top of my car when I was leaving San Tan MTN today. I was parked in the Dynamite parking lot and it must have fell off somewhere on Wagon Wheel RD. I was going a decent speed down Wagon Wheel so it may have ended a little ways off in the desert or embedded in a bush. Anyway, $100 reward if anyone finds it.
    Last edited by FireLikeIYA; 09-27-2012 at 05:15 PM.
    Killing it with close inspection.

mtbr member
    That's my "home mountain". Heading out there tomorrow morning and will be on the look out.
    2011 Hardrock "Blubi Jones"

Pivot TBD

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GGTran View Post
    That's my "home mountain". Heading out there tomorrow morning and will be on the look out.
    Thanks! I appreciate it!

DFL>DNF>DNS
    I feel for ya, did the same thing with my 705 last year!! In my haste to get off the trail & to work I left my 705 & cell phone on top of my car (This was the 1% of the time I ever put stuff up there too). Took off near 48th St. & Baseline, heard a noise, didn't faze me. Turned onto Baseline during 5pm rush, heard another noise, then finally realized what was going on!! Pulled over, ran back to find my cell phone scattered all over Baseline, rounded up the parts (covers, battery), snapped it all back into place and it was fine. I went back looking for the GPS, but couldn't find it. The next morning a co-worker came by my area with it!! Talk about lucky.

Lessons learned, slow down & make sure all your stuff gets back in the car & don't put things on top of the car!!

I also have added a small sticker to the back of my GPS with name/address/phone#, just in case.

I hope some good citizen finds yours as well.
    Ski. Ride. Hike. Be.
    My Two Schillingsworth

mtbr member
    Sorry for the delay but went out riding last Saturday and Monday morning and didn't see the 705. I did find a pair of Oakley riding glasses. Someone must of lost it recently because they're in great shape. PM me the color info/design and they're yours.
    2011 Hardrock "Blubi Jones"

Pivot TBD

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Thanks for looking GGTran! The 705 was found. Thanks to anyone else who may have seen the signs or this thread and looked for it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by freeskier46 View Post
    I also have added a small sticker to the back of my GPS with name/address/phone#, just in case.
    I meant to do this in the past but kept putting it off. I am definitely doing it now.

Carbon or Commie?
    Quote Originally Posted by FireLikeIYA View Post
    Thanks for looking GGTran! The 705 was found. Thanks to anyone else who may have seen the signs or this thread and looked for it.
    I think I'll also have to steal this idear.

I hadn't considered it...

My other ride is your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by FireLikeIYA View Post
    I would suggest editing the thread title to say it's been found....