Dirt Bike Craig

Recommend me your favorite elbow guard/pad & where to try it on locally

Looking into getting a new pair of elbow pads/guards. I have some G-forms already but they don't stay in place well enough for DH riding.

Please let me know what your favorite elbow protection is and where I can find it locally to try it on.

Thanks!

DBC
    Check out my photography on RedBubble http://www.redbubble.com/people/fmxdbc

mtbr member
    paging latedropbob...

Dirt Bike Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by 'size View Post
    paging latedropbob...
    Ohhh the irony...

EDR
    I've had Rockgardn hardshell knee pads and now 661 Kyle Straits. The Rockgardn were ok but I got tired of the hardshell. The 661 are pretty darn nice, they have protection from striking the inside of your knee on the stem or whatever and they stay in place really well. But I don't care what anybody says, these things are HOT to pedal in. Honestly I rarely wear them b/c of this.

Dirt Bike Craig
    It seems that people like the POC pads a lot. Any place that sells them locally? Rage maybe?

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

I arrived in AZ 11 months ago, which is also when I started mountain biking. After the first crash or two I bought these "6 in1" guards. These offer awesome protection , but a they are a little uncomfortable at times. Most of my crashes are getting hung up on a climb and falling over at zero mph. Now that I have a feel for the lay of the land I'd like to get a knee pad only set?

I bought these pads at Rage.

Shred...it's the new drug
    You need a smaller size gform. That's what I was wearing on that fateful day and kept my bone on my arm. I used the kali before the G's and had good luck. Now I need to find a super gnarly elbow pad before I ride again.

How much further ???
    How do you like your G-forms otherwise? Im looking at getting a set for AM riding. Ive read that you should get one size larger than their fit chart recommends. Did you do this? Maybe that was for the knee pads only to prevent bunching behind the knee. Cant remember now.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

mtbr member
    I've worn 661's under MX pants in 4 hour motorcycle races and they didn't feel any hotter than the rest of me. They are super comfy, don't chafe, slide around or pinch. I wear them every time I ride my mtb. Elbows, I've tried a bunch, but I like my old Fox "pro comp" maybe? They don't make em anymore, but if somebody else makes a forearm/elbow without straps, that's what I'd get to replace them. Straps suck!
    a real Dirkbag!

N/A
    Feb 2004
    I picked up some POC VPD 2 elbows & knees in the fall. Liking them a lot so far but I've never seen them for sale locally. I just used their online size chart & ordered. They seem to fit fine.