mtbr member
    May 2009

Recommend LBS near me?

I've found a few LBS's by me but was hoping somebody could recommend a good one that they trust. For now I'm just looking at accessories but in the future will need more (bike/services/etc). I'm in Gilbert.

Thanks guys!!!

mtbr member
    Dominics 2 wheelers in Tempe...worth the drive...Honest guys who ride their bikes just as hard as we do...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DJake
    I've found a few LBS's by me but was hoping somebody could recommend a good one that they trust. For now I'm just looking at accessories but in the future will need more (bike/services/etc). I'm in Gilbert.

Thanks guys!!!
    I'm going to get **** for recommending this, but if you're looking for parts, I'd say Performance as long as you konw what you want. If you're looking for parts and advice, stay away. For service, I have no comment.

My buddy owns Javelina Cycle, in Chandler/Tempe. Kind of close...
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

"No Clue Crew"
    South Mountain Cycles ! I was driving there, even when I lived in Scottsdale. Rage has always treated me right too.

Zipper
    Cactus Bike they are the best in my humble opinion
    Zipper aka Rob

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by rbtcha
    Cactus Bike they are the best in my humble opinion
    Oh yeah, How the hell did I forget Cactus ??? Very cool peeps in there.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    There's one like 4 miles away from me...I'm going to go pick up some tubes and check them out

mtbr member
    Thats the best thing you can do. Try all the nearby ones. Most shops have a different feel from eachother based upon thier locale, owner/employee attitudes and feelings, what they cater to and how the overall vibe is. Keep looking to you find one that feels right to you. I think the most important part of a customer/shop relationship is that both parties feel comfortable with the way things are working. I still never understand why customers will go somewhere they do not trust or feel cheated. Running a service department at a mc dealer, I see it too often and it goes both ways. Have fun looking- it can be fun like dating. Or hell like dating!
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

Got a suspension fork
    in my area, in order of preference:

The Slippery Pig
    Bike Barn
    Trailhead Cafe
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Since you said Gilbert area, I'd go with these:

Service: Adventure Bike or Paragon
    Accessories: Global Bikes or Paragon
    Bikes: Global, DNA Cycles or Two Wheel Jones

Global has coupons/special sales nights a few times a year, so become a fan on them on facebook to keep in the loop. Their normal everyday prices aren't better than anyone else in the area, but their sales days are pretty impressive. They are also opening a new shop at Ray/101 soon so a grand opening sale wouldn't surprise me.

Also recommend checking out Mike's Bike Chalet, there's some random deals to be had there and Mike is one of the most knowledgeable bike people I've ever met. Not much in terms of new bikes or huge inventory, but it's a cool shop.

mtbr member
    I second Global bikes on Gilbert and Guadalupe Rd. Get on Global bikes mailing list and become a fan on facebook.
    www.StudioDino.com
    The Ride: 2009 Specialized Stumpjumper / Roubaix

No Clue Crew
    So, the list so far:

Dominic's Two Wheeler
    Javelina Cycle
    South Mountain Cycles
    Cactus Bike
    Slippery Pig
    Bike Barn
    Trailhead Cafe
    Adventure Bikes
    Paragon
    Global Bikes
    DNA Cycles
    Two Wheel Jones

Any of them, preferably closer to the west side, carry 661 pads in stock? I got my bike from Exhale (back when they were Excellent) and usually go there but they don't carry them (was told they can order them for retail price) and the more I go there it seems they don't have much but Specialized bikes. May have to start branching out to a store with an assortment. Slippery Pig on Central may be close...

mtbr member
    The Cactus Bikes over on Elliot West of the I10 is a great shop for mountain biking stuff...The personnel are knowledgeable and down to earth, hard core mountain bikers..

The Cactus in Chandler (Gilbert?) is more of a neighborhood bike shop, I have never been too impressed with that store for serious MTB support.

I can concur that Global in Gilbert (Chandler?) is pretty helpful too, best if the owner is there..
    Check my pulse...