Vitamin Bike Added

Rear Ended Today, Bike Rack Saves the Day?

Ok, unlikely. As you can see from the picture my rigid hitch style rack that should be coming straight out of my hitch then making a 90 degree has been bent and crumpled on a couple axes to leave what you see here. While this hit was pretty extreme, I can't help but wonder what little help the rack (and my spare tire) did to keep me from sustaining too serious an injury and (worst part) away from work and off the bike for a longer spell. Suppose the only up side is that I was on my way to work and not on my way to a ride...we all know what that would have meant...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rear Ended Today, Bike Rack Saves the Day?-photo-9-.jpg  

Keep the rubber side down

mtbr member
    I could deal with my truck getting totaled....my bike though, is another story. Good to hear that you are okay and the bike wasn't involved.
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

******ed or Branded??
    whoa dude, glad your ok and that you didn't have a bike up on that rack, especially the new bike! Well hope this turns out for the better for you and get a new truck out of this! hahaha
    .Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Where's the Prodigal Son to theorize he backed into something in commission of insurance fraud?
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrwhlr View Post
    Where's the Prodigal Son to theorize he backed into something in commission of insurance fraud?
    dipping into the Way-Back box for that one...

banned
    Aug 2012
    Looks like quite the smack ... Glad you're OK !

What hit you ?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    This is why I worry every time I use the trunk rack, more worried about bike than car. Although, the bike may be worth more than the car.