banned

Is It Really Happening? Video of the Ride

Well, today a bunch of the mountain bikers who have enjoyed riding with the owner of Mountain Bike Heaven for the last 21 years got the chance to participate in the last formal Wednesday shop ride. For the last 21 years MBH has been providing the riding public with the opprotunity to get an inside look of what some locals consider to be a fun mountain bike ride.

Over the last 12 years my wife and I have participated in a lot of those shop rides and they have been something we have always looked forward to. Sometimes the rides sucked, but for the majority of the time they were a great way of sampling the Sedona mountain bike trail system and learning how to put some great rides together.

Learning how to navigate over 135 trails with the best flow pattern has been an ongoing experience and it was a must to be part of Rama's last offical Wednesday ride. I am not sure how many total riders turned out for the ride, but I think it was in the 25 to 30 range.

I am in the process of putting a video of the ride together to be able to look back to the event and reminise about all the fun times we shared with Rama and the unique group of riders who have shown up for those rides.

This coming Sunday we will be celebrating the last Sunday group ride by doing the famous Damifino ride. If those of you who have wondered what doing a group ride with a bunch of enthusiastic riders is like, and you want to join in for what one day may be considered to be a historical event, feel free to join us for what the Sedona locals consider to be an epic ride.

I am sure we will be taking lots of breaks, so as long as you bring lots of water the warm temperatures should not deter from a great ride. For sure we will be taking a long break in Oak Creek where many in the group will be doing a little swim to cool off.

Maybe even gmooker and his girl friend will show up for the ride. He has always wanted to ride Damifino and this would be a great opprotunity to check it out. Some of my buddies met up with him and his girl friend last Sunday and the report back is that they both had a great time riding Last Frontier and Tim's Wash.

TD
    Last edited by traildoc; 07-02-2011 at 02:14 PM.

banned
    Here is the video of the ride with some NEW music selected: http://www.vimeo.com/25908619 . Hope to see some new faces on the Sunday Damifino ride.

TD

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Good job! Great video!

Nice job on the video, I really enjoyed it. Hopefully I can get up to Sedona (from Kingman) before winter starts setting in. I haven't been to Sedona since around 1999, I would like to go on a group ride sometime. Thanks for posting the video link.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hillwilly View Post
    Nice job on the video, I really enjoyed it. Hopefully I can get up to Sedona (from Kingman) before winter starts setting in. I haven't been to Sedona since around 1999, I would like to go on a group ride sometime. Thanks for posting the video link.
    hw:

Thx for the post. I have the video from the last MBH official Sunday ride will be posting it in the near future. These group rides have been available to the general public free of charge for over 20 years and they will be missed by many in the future.

TD