Keep it Simple Stupid!!!

Upset Ran over a Snake on Trail 100 Saturday

It was not a rattler but about 3 1/2 feet long. By the time I saw him it was too late and hit him with both wheels. He was streched across the trail about 1/2mi from the Tatum Trailhead.
    SF
    Who cares how much gas you save, ride your bike to work because it's fun!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I always feel bad for those critters when that kind of thing happens, but do the 24HITOP and you will soon realize that you are not the first person to kill a kangaroo rat. or a snake. Most likely tho, you just pissed him off a bit and he slithered off into the sunset...

"No Clue Crew"
    I ran over a patchnose snake last weekend. I stopped and caught it so I could check it for damage and found none. Snake are very tough and resilient. I'm sure it is okay.

mtbr member
    I ran over a diamond back today when I was being pushed down hill by the wind on National. I walked back up and was able to get the snake to leave the trail with my front tire. It was moving slow but seemed ok

Got a suspension fork
    I almost ran across a similar sized snake right at that same area, maybe 6 months ago. But I got off the bike and watch it from a safe distance and it was definitely not a rattlesnake. Tried to identify if from pictures on the net later but couldn't figure out what it was.
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides