Keep it Simple Stupid!!!

Upset Ran over a Snake on Trail 100 Saturday

It was not a rattler but about 3 1/2 feet long. By the time I saw him it was too late and hit him with both wheels. He was streched across the trail about 1/2mi from the Tatum Trailhead.
    SF
    Who cares how much gas you save, ride your bike to work because it's fun!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I always feel bad for those critters when that kind of thing happens, but do the 24HITOP and you will soon realize that you are not the first person to kill a kangaroo rat. or a snake. Most likely tho, you just pissed him off a bit and he slithered off into the sunset...

"No Clue Crew"
    I ran over a patchnose snake last weekend. I stopped and caught it so I could check it for damage and found none. Snake are very tough and resilient. I'm sure it is okay.

mtbr member
    I ran over a diamond back today when I was being pushed down hill by the wind on National. I walked back up and was able to get the snake to leave the trail with my front tire. It was moving slow but seemed ok

Got a suspension fork
    I almost ran across a similar sized snake right at that same area, maybe 6 months ago. But I got off the bike and watch it from a safe distance and it was definitely not a rattlesnake. Tried to identify if from pictures on the net later but couldn't figure out what it was.
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

Members who have read this thread: 0