My other ride is your mom

Ramble Post 3: Atonement

Atonment for my slothful ways is always pretty,. but painfull. Given the constant flow of La Bala de Plata into my beer hole the past month....my knees are a bit rusty. Today's ride proved it. Keeping up the theme during this period of rambling and only taking pics with my camera phone, I present my atonement.....for today....

Pushing off under clear skies and the memory of a crazy woman last night yelling at me who claimed to be my wife; I headed west towards Wing Mtn. to sample the singletrack....along the way I choose to listen to the soundtrack to 'Dances With Wolves', I stopped for this just as the expansive praire song came on......

The Black-Eyed Susans this year are popping.......

It seemed the deeper I got back there, with the RV'rs and recently homeless living in the forest....the more obscure the signs got....I'm certain the 4-digit and letter deep into the alphabet road designation pretty much means....."you should be lucky there's a sign here".......

Setting my bike down after 2 hours, I snacked on some food and wondered at how dirty my chain was......

Looking around as I chomped on my food....I still marveled at the amount and size of the shroom' population on the Coco this year.....

"One pill makes you bigger, and one pill makes you small; while the pill that mother gives you, doesnt do anything at all....just ask Alice....when she's 10 feet tall"......

Pushing off from my 5 minute break, I switched off the Dances with Wolves soundtrack and opted for some Bob Marley to begin my first experience with some Wing Singletrack.....after the 1st grunt up and some HAB....I got super stoked, super fast.....

Exiting Wing Mountain and transitioning over to the east....I started to climb me some Chunky Monkey....with thunder and lightning hitting all around me....I opted for some "Alice In Chains" to keep me company....the lyrics "It'll rain when I die" was erie....because the skies above Aggasiz were pregnant and the Kachina's were grumpy. Making my way through, I came through ok despite a front derailleur shifter that ceased to work, leaving me in the big ring....I guess attonment includes a good quad workout.....that and some Black Eyed Suzzies.....

Jamming out to a dead guy....I smoked back down Super Moto, drifting around the corners, high on the berms.....looking forward to the beer at the end of the rainbow.....

Before closing out this post....I shot a pic of my legs.....job well done......they only look this way when I've earned it....

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    You really shouldn't eat those mushrooms......however I envy your (trip)..ride!

Kathleen in AZ
    Great pics and post. thanks.

"No Clue Crew"
    Awesome pics and story ! Looks like a great ride.

mtbr member
    Nice TR!

2+ inches of rain in 30 min around 2pm today up by Aspen Corner and Snowbowl Rd. I'll bet it was a torrentially bad time for anyone caught out on the AZ trail.

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    Man that looks good. Never heard of Wing Mountain. I was wondering where it was until you mentioned Super Moto. Thanks for the snaps. The field of black-eye susans is a pretty cool picture. So did the shroom make you bigger or small? Looked like a nice chunk taken out of it . Last one I had definitely no way didn't not do nothing at all......
    Today's the day I eat bikes.