Kathleen in AZ

Rainbow Rim Trail Aug 30th or 31st?

I'll be staying with family at the North Rim next week and wish to ride the Rainbow Rim trail on Thurs Aug 30th or Fri Aug 31st. It's a long shot, but I'd sure like some company if anyone is planning to be up there enjoying the altitude and cool pines.

Vincit qui patitur
    Wish I was headed up.
    I'll be up there the 14 and 15 of September though.
    Vincit qui patitur
    2012 GT Karakoram 3.0
    2012 Salsa Spearfish 2
    2014 KONA Process 153
    2013 Giant Defy
    2012 Access TCL

bland
    Dang. I'll be up there this weekend. Its been super rainy up there and there are big ferns and huge mushrooms everywhere. Have a fun time.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I would love to join you but there is a very very slim chance that I would be able to get away for that time period. I'm a noob female rider. If I am able to get away I would probably camp at Locust Pt. Where would you start/end?

Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl View Post
    I'll be staying with family at the North Rim next week and wish to ride the Rainbow Rim trail on Thurs Aug 30th or Fri Aug 31st. It's a long shot, but I'd sure like some company if anyone is planning to be up there enjoying the altitude and cool pines.

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeDestroyer View Post
    I would love to join you but there is a very very slim chance that I would be able to get away for that time period. I'm a noob female rider. If I am able to get away I would probably camp at Locust Pt. Where would you start/end?
    Turns out that my sister might join me - she is a definite newbie and we'd be taking it very very slow and probably won't do more than 10 miles. If you're up for that, would love to have you along! We could start and end at Locust Pt - so far, I have no definite plans and am just hunting down options. Since I'm up at the North Rim for 4 days, I just want to get a taste of the riding in the area and scope it out for future biking/camping trips.