Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Rain Coming?

  1. #1
    wowarizona.com
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    853

    Rain Coming?

    50 Year Trail- RollerCoaster

    This is a panorama of the Santa Catalina Mountains, with Samaniego Ridge being the dominant geological feature, center background.

    The winter is arriving with the clouds coming in from the photo right. This is our first winter storm of fall '08 approaching…


    Photo: November 24, 2008
    Attached Images Attached Images
    CJ
    WOW Arizona!

  2. #2
    caninus xerophilous
    Reputation: SunDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,672
    I am doing the rain dance. The lack of fall rain is forboding, especially with all the build up from the last two years.

  3. #3
    i like cheese.
    Reputation: bike=good's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    547
    that's gorgeous.

  4. #4
    I think I need to Upgrade
    Reputation: AzSpeedfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,621
    That is a great picture. What kind of camera did you use to take it?

  5. #5
    wowarizona.com
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by AzSpeedfreek
    That is a great picture. What kind of camera did you use to take it?
    Thanks


    Canon
    CJ
    WOW Arizona!

  6. #6
    Lone Wolf McQuade
    Reputation: beagledadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,423
    The pic makes for an interesting screen saver, I hope it's not trade marked
    I should be out riding....

  7. #7
    wowarizona.com
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    853

    Ha!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by beagledadi
    The pic makes for an interesting screen saver, I hope it's not trade marked
    In the Interweb World, anything you put on it, you have to be willing to have it 'used' by others,, but nothing I post is actually 'print resolution'.

    Used as your screensaver? I'm kind of flattered! Professional prints/handmade notecards of everything I post are available, (there is so much more depth and detail.)

    This shot prints at 'poster resolution' at over 4 feet wide .
    Last edited by C.J.; 11-25-2008 at 10:47 AM.
    CJ
    WOW Arizona!

  8. #8
    Lone Wolf McQuade
    Reputation: beagledadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,423
    Quote Originally Posted by C.J.
    In the Interweb World, anything you put on it, you have to be willing to have it 'used' by others,, but nothing I post is actually 'print resolution'.

    Used as your screensaver? I'm kind of flattered! Want to buy a print? There is so much more depth and detail. Let me know. (This shot prints at 'poster resolution' at over 4 feet wide) .
    The pic as a screen saver is very abstract in a "looking-through-the-bottom-of-a-clear-glass-coke-bottle-with-one-eyeball-squinting-kinda-way", but I like it! Nice butterfly vid BTW, my blood pressure dropped about 20 points Matt
    I should be out riding....

  9. #9
    slow uphill
    Reputation: orangedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    570
    great shot...

    also - just started raining up here in n phx - near desert ridge area

  10. #10
    Fly High!
    Reputation: RidingRiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,104
    NEED RAIN! want to BUILD!

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ssamplin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    61
    great shot! did you use software to stitch multiple images?

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    82
    nice picture c.j., really beautiful, makes me regret not riding out there this afternoon.

  13. #13
    wowarizona.com
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by ssamplin
    great shot! did you use software to stitch multiple images?
    Yes, it is six images. There is one small glitch in this 'on screen version' but the finished print version is flawless.
    CJ
    WOW Arizona!

  14. #14
    DCB
    Reputation: DCB Extreme Adventures's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    31
    CJ - Very nice shot!

    I have many hours in that background on the 50, upper 50 and yes, I have braved the Samaniego Ridge... You live near there? This shot is about a mile from my house.

  15. #15
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,113
    Quote Originally Posted by orangedog
    great shot...

    also - just started raining up here in n phx - near desert ridge area
    Now where's my umbrella? Rain is falling in Ahwatukee! What a beautiful sound

  16. #16
    wretch
    Reputation: Truckee Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,686
    Its pissing up here (44th & Thomas area). Couldn't be happier (minus the not being able to ride part)

  17. #17
    wowarizona.com
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by DCB Extreme Adventures
    CJ - Very nice shot!

    I have many hours in that background on the 50, upper 50 and yes, I have braved the Samaniego Ridge... You live near there? This shot is about a mile from my house.
    Thanks!

    I live near there. (Maps in previous posts)


    Rain: There has been some drizzle, enough to clear the air, but, nothing substantial. Hopefully, this is just a precursor to a deluge.
    CJ
    WOW Arizona!

  18. #18
    Ridin' Dirty
    Reputation: Bgrafk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Trash
    Its pissing up here (44th & Thomas area). Couldn't be happier (minus the not being able to ride part)
    Werd!
    That's exactly where I'm at.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

  19. #19
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Oh what a perfect morning for the Wed shuttle group ( minus Truckee ). Pouring rain, tacky trails and carnage. Gotta love rain rides, no better way to end up muddy and bloody!

  20. #20
    Zipper
    Reputation: rbtcha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    Oh what a perfect morning for the Wed shuttle group ( minus Truckee ). Pouring rain, tacky trails and carnage. Gotta love rain rides, no better way to end up muddy and bloody!
    I second that notion what a great way to re-pop the natty-morman-javi cherry after 16 months. Thanks for the great ride
    Zipper aka Rob

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •