mtbr member
    Dec 2004

quintuple bypass beta

Walt's next wet dream. Need help:

1) Anybody here live in DC Ranch? I could use a hand with the last "connection". Yesterday, I was able go from the Rock Knob/Tom's Thumb area to the crest overlooking the NE corner of Silverleaf and had to stop due to housing construction. Also able to start at 104th/Bell, go all the way up Beardsley Wash (past the catch and release pond) and connect with the Windgate Pass trail. The remaining connection that I need help with is buried under tee boxes and new home construction, but maybe someone who lives there can put it together.

I see that Scottsdale is planning on making this happen someday. Awesome:

http://www.scottsdaleaz.gov/finance/...rip_Preser.pdf

2) Some of you posted some excellent topographic/GPS ride data from the quad. What specific make/model of GPS unit and software should I buy? I want to post the quintuple route with elevation change (and maybe add a Thompson Peak climb just for the shock factor) and mileage. Of course, I can't do it all on the same day, but would like to post the scenario for all to enjoy.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

and you are?

...in case you're wondering who is this beta fool, I'm the guy who has been traversing the McDowells for years -- posting up about Sunrise, 136th spur, Eagle's Nest, Javelina (now called Ringtail), Windgate, Bell before they were actually "created." just check my previous posts if you are concerned.

...I don't have Dirdir's wit, singlespeedsycip's climbing ability, Walt's charisma, or IBIKEAZ's Ti, so beta reports is how I contribute

mtbr member

if you're doing those routes...

i am definitely buying a new fork for the werx...
    there's no way the coilair is doing that crap! i don't know if you got my message, so i want to ride sat. and sun. i'll be working both days (and studying) but i still want to get something in. my only plans are to help steve move some hydraulic massage tables saturday around 1700.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit350
    new fork for the werx...

your Manitou black compressed, uncompressed, and Steve's DJ3 unloaded (as usual)
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    my 29er Marathon SL on same path -- compression looks about the same as the leaking Black; hmmmm. my 210lbs of lardage compressing Steve's DJ3 on the East side of cone mtn.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by V02 deficient; 02-10-2007 at 07:57 AM.