Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Fragile - must be Italian
    Reputation: dgangi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,309

    Quadruple Bypass - GPS results

    The following are the results from Eric's Garmin 305:

    http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/i...kValue=1997234

    Summary:

    33.3 miles
    6900 ft of elevation gain

    That's one hell of a big ride. Kudos to all who made it!

    It's also interesting to note how much higher Bell Pass is than Windgate, which is much higher than Sunrise.


    Thx...Doug

  2. #2
    I am Walt
    Reputation: waltaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,555
    Wow...thanks for that, Doug. Impressive.

    Again, what a feat for the SS'ers...
    Ride more; post less...

  3. #3
    Powered by ice cream.
    Reputation: Enel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,263
    That's cool.

    What is the "Pass" in between Sunrise and Windgate on the tracing?

    Not named in the course description. Was it a Quintuple bypass unknowingly?

  4. #4
    I am Bob
    Reputation: chongoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,801
    Holy Cow! that's excellent man! thanks for posting this.

  5. #5
    Fragile - must be Italian
    Reputation: dgangi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,309

    Another cool view of the ride results...

    This is an interactive presentation of the ride. You may need to download an active-x control or two. IE only...

    http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/i...kValue=1997234

    Thx...Doug

  6. #6
    Fragile - must be Italian
    Reputation: dgangi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Enel
    What is the "Pass" in between Sunrise and Windgate on the tracing?
    That "Pass" is a combination of a climb up Via Linda (on the road) and then a slog up a sh!t a$$ sandy jeep road. Lots of climbing there, but not a "pass" per-se.

    Worst part of the ride IMHO.

    Thx...Doug

  7. #7
    I am Walt
    Reputation: waltaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,555
    Quote Originally Posted by dgangi
    That "Pass" is a combination of a climb up Via Linda (on the road) and then a slog up a sh!t a$$ sandy jeep road. Lots of climbing there, but not a "pass" per-se.

    Worst part of the ride IMHO.
    Yep, that's it. Mostly the jeep road. It gains much more elevation than you think.

    It was the worst part for me, also. Utterly demoralizing, cramps, low energy, etc. It just kept going and going...

    But we can't call it another pass, IMO...
    Ride more; post less...

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AKA Monkeybutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,318
    Sweet. Thanks for the info Doug.

    The little green chart on the bottom right is crazy. No shortage of hills

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brianc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,041
    you guys killed motion based's bandwidth. no downlady for me.
    b

  10. #10
    .......................
    Reputation: ionsmuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,045
    6.9k, not too bad!

  11. #11
    Harky
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    159
    That profile sure looks like a QUINTUPLE bypass to me!
    I think you guys are short-suiting yourselves.
    Props to all who participated in this group masochism!

  12. #12
    .......................
    Reputation: ionsmuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,045
    Naah, I cleaned all the "missing pass" jeep road, and only stopped once!

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: u2metoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,902
    That's some pretty kewl data.

    When I was looking at the summary data section, and saw top speed of 27.5 mph, the first thing that came to mind was...

    hmmm, Eric musta been on a mission for a Payday Candy bar.

    Then I looked at the chart details, and low and behold the max speed appears to be right before the Sag Wagon.

    BTW, does this ride qualify as an Epic? Is there a proper definition for an Epic Ride?

    Peace,

    Sam

  14. #14
    I am Walt
    Reputation: waltaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,555
    Quote Originally Posted by u2metoo
    BTW, does this ride qualify as an Epic? Is there a proper definition for an Epic Ride?
    I think it does. I once heard from Dale (epicrider) that it needs to be 5 or 6 hours to earn status as an "epic." Check...
    Ride more; post less...

  15. #15
    Fragile - must be Italian
    Reputation: dgangi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,309
    Quote Originally Posted by u2metoo
    BTW, does this ride qualify as an Epic? Is there a proper definition for an Epic Ride?
    No - this ride does not qualify as an Epic. No ride qualifies as an Epic because the word Epic has no meaning. It falls into the same category as words like "wholesome goodness" - words that have no definition but to justify the existence of a marketing person or classify the unclassifiable. Refer to Dirdir's post about MTB words that should be banned. Epic is on the list. Never utter it again.

    However, this ride *does* qualify for "bad a$$ mofo of a ride" status. That sounds much better than Epic anyway...


    Thx...Doug

  16. #16
    I am Walt
    Reputation: waltaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,555
    Quote Originally Posted by dgangi
    No - this ride does not qualify as an Epic. No ride qualifies as an Epic because the word Epic has no meaning. It falls into the same category as words like "wholesome goodness" - words that have no definition but to justify the existence of a marketing person or classify the unclassifiable. Refer to Dirdir's post about MTB words that should be banned. Epic is on the list. Never utter it again.

    However, this ride *does* qualify for "bad a$$ mofo of a ride" status. That sounds much better than Epic anyway...


    Thx...Doug
    epic...
    Ride more; post less...

  17. #17
    Fragile - must be Italian
    Reputation: dgangi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,309
    Quote Originally Posted by waltaz
    epic...
    dick...

    oh wait, was that my inside voice talking?

    Thx...Doug

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •