mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Pump track-esque trails? (re: Aerie/Cockscomb)

Just did the Aerie/Cockscomb trails in Sedona yesterday and was loving how flowy Aerie was on the way back down...it's basically a mile long pump track at the bottom. Does anyone have good recommendations on something similar? I'm looking to work on my downhill abilities, i.e. tight bermed turns + pumping as opposed to pedaling for momentum.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Slim Shady and Pigs Tail are some of my favorites.

bland
    The AZT from snowbowl down to the ft valley trails in flagstaff is pretty pump-track-y, has more rocks though. The southern part of llama is also pretty fun.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Thanks. I did Slim Shady with a group on here 2 weeks ago and loved it as well. I'll check into Pigs Tail next, for sure. Anybody else?

mtbr member
    Canyon of Fools. Wall rides if you go fast enough.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    A few people have suggested Llama, so that's going to have to be added to the list. Checked out Canyon of Fools and that looks awesome!

Addicted to 2 wheels
    Secret Trail in Hawse is a bit pumpy. It is not very bermed out though.

Elitest thrill junkie
    I'd think Llama would be frustrating if what you want is a pump-ish trail.

Suggest 347 in Prescott.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Park at Broken Arrow TH. Ride the single track up to where High On The Hog takes off to the right. Follow that for a few hundred feet and drop into Sick Boy. Lap back around and out to Chicken Point. Hit up some Whit Line and Cherokee for sh#ts and giggles then descend down Little Horse to Llama. Cruise over to Slim Shady, follow that to the HT trail and back under 179 to the Bell Rock Pathway, follow that to Mystic to Pigs Tail. If you have it left in ya loop back around using Hogs Wash, if not take some road back to your rig. My favorite ride for more progressive and dynamic riding in Sedona, a little bit of everything in that one.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Nice - I think I'll work up to that route. Just moved out here from relatively flat Texas and have spent every weekend for the past month and a half on the Sedona trails...I'm not going anywhere near White Line until I really have some confidence built up. I will say Sedona is a really great teacher, though. Every ride so far I've felt like I'm twice as skilled as my last one (although that may just be me getting back into shape).

bland
    Quote Originally Posted by wcj1983 View Post
    Nice - I think I'll work up to that route. Just moved out here from relatively flat Texas and have spent every weekend for the past month and a half on the Sedona trails...I'm not going anywhere near White Line until I really have some confidence built up. I will say Sedona is a really great teacher, though. Every ride so far I've felt like I'm twice as skilled as my last one (although that may just be me getting back into shape).
    Welcome to AZ! A great place to shred! A guy that RA and I ride with moved here from Texas and thinks it's one of the best decisions he's made.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Thanks...now all I want to do is to be able to ride like this:

Sedona Riding 2012 - YouTube

You guys are nuts, and I mean that in the best way possible.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wcj1983 View Post
    Thanks...now all I want to do is to be able to ride like this:

Sedona Riding 2012 - YouTube

You guys are nuts, and I mean that in the best way possible.
    Those guys are total fags. I once rode with them and all they did was f@ck around, telling stories, laughing their asses off, drinking beer, jokes, blah blah blah. They really take all of the seriousness out of my strava inspired ride and have WAY too much fun. lame

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    lol.