Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38
  1. #1
    No Clue Crew
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,783

    PSA: PMP tech ride, Thursday 0530

    If you're tired of the MTBR drama and would like to actually ride your bike (in a free-rider-ish sorta way, but there's a bunch of pedalling, too) instead of typing about it, here you go:

    0530 Thursday morning, Dreamy Draw trailhead at PMP. Current plan is up 100, up 1A, up Irregular, down Hairball, up and over Bloody Knuckles, up and around the 220 loops, etc. Route could be flexible if you have other choices.

    Social pace, we're not racers, but we do hit the down stuff pretty well. Come out and ride if you like.

  2. #2
    "No Clue Crew"
    Reputation: Grave9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatant
    If you're tired of the MTBR drama and would like to actually ride your bike (in a free-rider-ish sorta way, but there's a bunch of pedalling, too) instead of typing about it, here you go:

    0530 Thursday morning, Dreamy Draw trailhead at PMP. Current plan is up 100, up 1A, up Irregular, down Hairball, up and over Bloody Knuckles, up and around the 220 loops, etc. Route could be flexible if you have other choices.

    Social pace, we're not racers, but we do hit the down stuff pretty well. Come out and ride if you like.

    I'm in, but NOT because I'm tried of the MTBR drama ...........Drew

  3. #3
    Knollician
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatant
    If you're tired of the MTBR drama and would like to actually ride your bike (in a free-rider-ish sorta way, but there's a bunch of pedalling, too) instead of typing about it, here you go:

    0530 Thursday morning, Dreamy Draw trailhead at PMP. Current plan is up 100, up 1A, up Irregular, down Hairball, up and over Bloody Knuckles, up and around the 220 loops, etc. Route could be flexible if you have other choices.

    Social pace, we're not racers, but we do hit the down stuff pretty well. Come out and ride if you like.

    Crap, I thought it was 5:30pm. Oh well, we gotta hook up sometime. You guys have some great Goat Camp bikes now. Just sayin'
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,815
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er
    Crap, I thought it was 5:30pm. Oh well, we gotta hook up sometime. You guys have some great Goat Camp bikes now. Just sayin'
    Meet at 32nd St. TH at 6 p.m. if you want to ride tomorrow.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  5. #5
    "No Clue Crew"
    Reputation: Grave9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,459
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er
    Crap, I thought it was 5:30pm. Oh well, we gotta hook up sometime. You guys have some great Goat Camp bikes now. Just sayin'

    Goat Camp is next on the list. Just waiting for cooler weather.........Drew

  6. #6
    "No Clue Crew"
    Reputation: Cenobite39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,232
    I wish I could make this, I've never ridden there. I did hike there last week and found a gila, 3 western diamondbacks, 2 speckled rattlesnake and 2 tiger rattlesnakes ! : )

  7. #7
    sprocket
    Reputation: yetisurly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobite39
    I wish I could make this, I've never ridden there. I did hike there last week and found a gila, 3 western diamondbacks, 2 speckled rattlesnake and 2 tiger rattlesnakes ! : )
    any hot chicks?

  8. #8
    "No Clue Crew"
    Reputation: Grave9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobite39
    I wish I could make this, I've never ridden there. I did hike there last week and found a gila, 3 western diamondbacks, 2 speckled rattlesnake and 2 tiger rattlesnakes ! : )
    You're like Steve Irwin! mean, like how Steve Irwin was.

    You missed out today! Good ride. Hairball was a blast. The hike up Blood Knuckle SUCKED! Great ride and I'll post a few photos once I upload them. SoMo tomorrow, look for us..................Drew

  9. #9
    "No Clue Crew"
    Reputation: Cenobite39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,232
    Yeti-
    No, I don't think I was in the right habitat. I usually hike the canals around Scottsdale for those

  10. #10
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Grave9
    You're like Steve Irwin! mean, like how Steve Irwin was.

    You missed out today! Good ride. Hairball was a blast. The hike up Blood Knuckle SUCKED! Great ride and I'll post a few photos once I upload them. SoMo tomorrow, look for us..................Drew
    Nice! Saw my first gila out there this year after riding that place for 20years!
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobite39
    Yeti-
    No, I don't think I was in the right habitat. I usually hike the canals around Scottsdale for those
    Beware, most of those are not women.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  12. #12
    No Clue Crew
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,783
    Brutal out there today. Soon as I stepped out of the car, I knew we were in for a slugfest. Extremely humid, probably 60% or so. Soaked before we even got to Irregular.

    Hairball is a bit different since the rains. Couple of the regular "lines" are changed up at the top. Yuri's Folly is more steep and rutted than usual and the lower section, while still fast, is super-chunky and washed out.

    Bought a new Minion single-ply 3C exogrid front tire and it seemed to work pretty nice. A lot lighter than the Spec. Purgatory Grid I'd been running. No mechanicals. Pretty nice run overall, minus the crazy humidity. Pics follow, shot with my phone so not sure on quality.

    Here's a shot of Grave9 dosing up at the top of Irregular



    This is from the top of Irregular looking south. For reference, the trail running east-west is the beginning of Hairball proper and the zig-zag up the mountain is Upper Hairball.



    Sequence of Drew on Yuri's Folly.







    Think Drew will have some other pics. Good run.

  13. #13
    "No Clue Crew"
    Reputation: Cenobite39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,232
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Beware, most of those are not women.
    I know. Most Scottsdale women are Succubus.

  14. #14
    "No Clue Crew"
    Reputation: Grave9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,459
    Here are a few I took from this morning..........Drew

    "It's about to get hot."



    "Time to start Climbing!"



    "Let the good times begin!"



    "I'm hiding."


  15. #15
    "No Clue Crew"
    Reputation: Grave9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,459
    "Time to put my foot down."



    "Are we there yet?"



    "Here we go"

    "

    Blatant DROP!



    Tec


  16. #16
    "No Clue Crew"
    Reputation: Grave9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,459
    Best photo of the morning!!! Blatant




    Not so good photo Grave9 - me



    DONE!!!


  17. #17
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,797
    I really need to get a bigger bike

  18. #18
    Got a suspension fork
    Reputation: randyharris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatant
    Brutal out there today. Soon as I stepped out of the car, I knew we were in for a slugfest. Extremely humid, probably 60% or so. Soaked before we even got to Irregular.
    I was riding out there this morning also, brutal humid! I was shocked that it was only 47% humidity. I haven't sweated like that on an early MTB ride... ever!
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

  19. #19
    No Clue Crew
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,783
    Radio said it was 47% when I was driving home at 0815. Had to have been higher than that before the sun was up to burn some of it off. Regardless, it was nasty.

  20. #20
    No Clue Crew
    Reputation: big0mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,426
    Christ... now I KNOW neither my HT or my body/skills could hang on hairball... Someday...

  21. #21
    "No Clue Crew"
    Reputation: Grave9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,459
    All I know is, it was HOT. Still is. I hope tomorrow is a little better..........Drew

  22. #22
    Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    Reputation: Dag Nabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,863
    Now we're getting somewhere! Good post, thanks. I find it hard to be motivated this time of year without morning cloud cover because its all like . Kudos for sweating it out. My buddy is moving over that way soon, probably see y'all on the trail sometime soon (or invite you out for a tour....). I've been over there a bunch o times but can't follow the lingo. Somo has been our base of operations lately. It'll be good to mix it up. Just, come on October already!
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

  23. #23
    "No Clue Crew"
    Reputation: Grave9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,459
    NO JOKE. Can't wait for October! We'll be over on SoMo tomorrow. Maybe shoot a few more AM photos...............Drew

  24. #24
    RHRF!
    Reputation: titusbro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,264

    Dang Drew!

    Nice job on the 'COD' - Chute of Death! (as we have come to know it...)

    Must be the bike...
    "The secret of joy is the mastery of pain." (Anaïs Nin)

  25. #25
    "No Clue Crew"
    Reputation: Grave9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,459
    Quote Originally Posted by titusbro
    Nice job on the 'COD' - Chute of Death! (as we have come to know it...)

    Must be the bike...
    Oh it's the bike for sure!!!!! I'm a horrible rider!!!! ................Drew

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •